Hunted 2 beaches this morning for a total of five hours.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted two freshwater beaches this morning from water ankle deep to neck deep for just over five hours. Beach #1 with using the Excal got me just over $7.00 in change and four junk rings and a silver toe ring. Beach #2 using the CZ20 for two hours got me zip, nanda, zero. Not even a bobby pin. I never found a beach so empty..........Oh, I did get a noise which I tried to scoop, but it kept falling through the holes so it was either a earring stud, or splitshot. I spent about 20 minutes tring to get that target just because the rest of the area was so empty.

It will be a long time before I go back to beach #2.........

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Not a bad day hunting actually, except for the beach number 2 part of the day. I'm sure one of those junk rings got the blood flowing WTG :thumbsup:

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Keep hunting you 'll hit paydirt. You"ve done it in the past.
LT

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SM,

Glad to see you have the energy to hit two beaches, I bet your back in the gold in no time...............

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Sounds like you are hitting the beaches that I try to work because I "do" feel your pain.

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
I "cleaned" my local beach these past few days, I guess if I hit it in Summer, the sounds I get in my headphones should then be meaningful, I have so many bottle tops and pull tabs, I could start my own scrap metal business!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Sand, Its still great to be out...right!
I hate those small targets that slip through the scoop. Chase em around for too long imagining a diamond stud earring only to find the snap off of someones swim trunks.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S-man I'm sure many of us have had hunts like that. Thats the thing about this hobby you never know your next hunt may hit a nice diamond ..at least you did'nt have machine problems..H-Hing ..Bill

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Sandman,

Glad to see your back out there hunting buddy!! Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread