sunspot vs brute

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
iv never owned a Brute but did own a Sun Spot and it is built like a tank! it was way too heavy for me so i sold it and now use Reillys scoops.love em!

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 408
  • scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 404

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to retrieval in wet sand and surf, speed is the name of the game. Both the Sunspot and Brute are larger than most other sand scoops so they dig more with each scoop. Both are rugged. Both are a little expensive. However in the water/beach hunting game you can pay for all your gear inclding the scoop with one find. I would say check the specs on all you top picks. Evaluate your abilities and desire and get the best one for you, regardless of price. I rarely regret buying a quality item that I can and do use.

Ed D.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the beach brute 2, But its price, i do not care for..............Cotton :tongue3:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THE Frankin BRUTE is my choice,,, Fixed and back ready for action,, now all i need is my water detector to get back from fisher so I can hunt,,, guzz

Attachments

• P7231840.JPG
    P7231840.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 391
  • P7231839.JPG
    P7231839.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 394

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the new( RTG 6 SCR) At Reilly treasures & gold............Cotton

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the SunSpot or Diamond Head over the Beach Brute because of the number and size of the holes. This gives fast sand draining over the Brute. I think where the Brute has it over the SunSpot is the Brute has a covered bucket where the Sunspot is open.

Attachments

• Stealth Scoop.jpg
    Stealth Scoop.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Stealth Scoop.jpg
    Stealth Scoop.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 223

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't compare them as far as use goes, I have only used the Brute, never used the Sunspot.

Check out the size and compare, The Brute has a 8.5 inch mouth. On mine I added a screen to the bottom side and on the back footpad side to help catch tiny targets. Screen covers about 3 inches of bottom and 3 inches of back where they meet, I have caught 2 stud earrings in it so far, both clad but they showed me screen works. One was just the stud, stone was missing. With out the screen I would have chased that target till I got tired and gave up.....

I really do not have any trouble draining the sand out of mine, but the majority of my hunting is in the water, and wet sand. On land if far from the water I use the divide method with my foot and scan to locate target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread