Tomorrow is another day

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yesterday was a very long day for me. I had to go to St Cloud to pick up some yard sale stuff for my husband and to visit with my sister in law. From there I drove up to Cassleberry to visit another friend and pick up photo's for another slide show project I'm working on. She fixed me lunch and then we went over to Daytona beach to hunt for awhile. Since she drove I had to put all my gear in her car. We got over to Daytona and opened the trunk getting ready to put on our gear and.............. I had no scoop! I had forgotten to put the *&%% scoop in her car! RATS! She graciously offered to let me use her long scoop. I said no, that is OK I just won't go in the water. RATS again! But she insisted and I gave in pretty quick. Because................ she realized that she had forgotten to put her head phones in the car. So she had no head phone and was going to have to stay out of the water anyway. So she used a small hand digger and I used her long handled scoop. I got in the water (which was really perfect) barely any wave action. Just a tiny little bit. The sky was very gray and overcast and it was supposed to rain but it barely sprinkled. Shoot - I didn't care anyway. I was in the water getting wet. Let it rain. as long as there was no thunder or lightening.

Well I started on my merry way. No hits. No hits. No hits No hits. **sigh** OK there HAS to be SOMETHING here. No hits. No hits. No hits. Meanwhile I'm watching her up in the dry sand digging. **sigh** beep! Ahhhhhh a hit! FINALLY A HIT. and.... it sounded like a good one. But I couldn't get the blasted thing. Her scoop is a really light one and kept turning on me so I kept digging and digging and digging. AT LAST..... I GOT IT!

a pull-tab

**sigh**

We finally gave it up. I had a 3-1/2 hour drive home yet to do and I was tired so we gave up. She ended up with 1 quarter, 1 penny and a bent-up hack saw. Yes, I said a hack-saw (at the beach)! I got one pull tab. So ends my day at Daytona beach!

Well...... tomorrow is another day. I am not going hunting today (Friday) I have things to catch up on here at home but.... tomorrow................. is another day. :wink:

Upvote 0

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Double oh no! one "oh no" for your sad story and a second one for me since my sons and I were planning on going over that way next week when visiting family. Wonder if there is a better location?? - we were so excited!!!!! Plus altho we have water detectors, we mostly hunt dry or wet sand.

You are right - there is always tomorrow - and, too, your story probably hit home with a bunch of us who forget pieces of important equipment in the excitement of getting to a new hunting ground or even just getting to go out. I am going to make a list before leaving since that is a long trek.

Better (much better) luck next time.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've had days like that too.

It just means the big pay off is coming for you.

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
yes tomorrow is another miracle,every day is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread