If you own a Whites Dual Field PI or BeachHunter ID 300 you must read this post

Horsesoldier

Feb 7, 2008
If you own a White's Dual Field PI or BeachHunter ID 300 you must read this post

Here is the answer to the coil bouyancy problem. It's called a "Ballast Ring" and can be made for less than $5 with material from any hardware or home improvement store. The prototype worked well in rough surf. Please post your fileld test reports. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to P.M. me. Thanks.

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: If you own a White's Dual Field PI or BeachHunter ID 300 you must read this post

Great idea...............Cotton

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
Re: If you own a White's Dual Field PI or BeachHunter ID 300 you must read this post

i dont get it? thought you would fill it with sand or something heavy? or are you trying to hold it down or float it?

OP
OP
H

Horsesoldier

Feb 7, 2008

The coil is already at near neutral boyancy. The weight of the ring keeps it from floating to the surface.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WeW, I got nervous for a second there when you were snipping the wire ties, thought you might snip the coil cable.
Good idea though.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice video production

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll second Cotton....great idea...clean and simple....rdi

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Exactly what I have been looking for.

I also thought that it would be a little light in weight. Would like to hear from someone who has used it and get their opinion.

Have been considering getting the dual filed Whites and was interested in a coil weight for the standard coil. This looks like it would do nicely if the weight is right.

Velcro might be a better option if you want to use to coil for land and water. Easier to remove and reattach the tube weight.

BTW, nice music with the video.

Thanks for posting this info, I for one, found it very interesting.

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread