If you want the solution....

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
:icon_thumleft: I found out the solution awhile ago so will tell you all at least how to find the start. There are some gates you need to get through first.

1. The name Thomas J Beale. You are meant to fill in the J as Jefferson: you are given the hint of the Declaration of Independence for a reason so you 'get' the name Thomas Jefferson. (By the way BEALE is just the first two letters of the Hebrew ALPhaBEt reversed, it's telling you who put the code together: heed this hint!).

2. I can't fathom why but no one got the next clue being that Thomas Jefferson himself lived in Bedford County. And was a surveyor. You all need to look at this person (Thomas Jefferson) a lot closer.

3. What is the link between Thomas Jefferson, his activities and someone else whose surname appears in the Beale Papers?

These are the first clues on how to solve the Beale Cipher. The person/s who can work it out come back and talk to me .

OP
OP
freeman

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
:read2: Yes I have.

You should attack it for what it is, a Victorian era puzzle. Somewhat popular at the time. Everything you need to solve it is given in the text as it is written.

Well, I see no one has come up with the link between Thomas J, his surveying activities and a name in the Beale Cipher story. Find that and you'll get to the next part in the puzzle, well, the next clue anyway.

But of course you were all tipped off by the fact the story was just such an obvious copy of another circulating at the time it alerted you to just being a parlour puzzle.

The one whose waybill went:

We have deposited a large quantity of gold, calculated to be 27 to 33 million dollars in gold bars and gold dust. The bars are packed in boxes made of pine (Colorado-red) and cedar. The bars are 2 feet long, 2 inches wide and ½ inch thick. The gold dust will be found in double leather hide sacks. Each sack measures two feet long, a foot and a half wide. They are deposited in a rock chamber surrounded by rocks in a secure manner for protection from destruction. These deposits are different in each site. It is estimated that 27 to 33 million dollars were deposited, estimated by weight and size of each package. In each chamber we have deposited a bottle, inside of each will be found a manuscript containing the maps showing the location where we buried this treasure.

So, as they would have done in the 19th century you get both the stories, compare them and see what has been added to the Beale one. The added/changed parts are the clues to solve the puzzle.

It's a case of not seeing the elephant in front of you because you were told to look for the cow. In this case not even bothering with the elephant tracks of the rather blatant clue about Thomas J who surveyed the area where the thing is supposed to be hidden. American history about Thomas J does not seem to be a forte for many.

If you want to solve it do it the right way and do the work, you are even told, "Nor is it necessary to devote the time that I did to this matter, as accident alone, without the promised key, will ever develop the mystery".
In other words stop looking for the non existent books because you don't need them. The elephant is in front of you.

He who can, come back and talk to me.

OP
OP
freeman

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Strange, I give the clues on how and where to start and even show that the story is just a made up puzzle that copied another story for it's framework. What else do you want? Do I need to say, there is no "Thomas J Beale" for this name is just a clue for a victorian era parlour puzzle again? It's just a puzzle where logic and lateral thinking will show the answer.

If you do the work you will find the message: quite plain and what it gives.

And now you know the detail about hiding the gold in a vault is a worked copy of another story it's your choice to follow one of two avenues: look for the gold or look for the answer.

The surname gives who made it, I gave that already You then look for their signs and symbols.

Thomas Jefferson and a name in the story, their linked involvement will give the location. The sign is seen for miles but only recognised by those who made the puzzle.

Those who can find the sign will have the key.

And those who can't, well keep looking for that gold guys, for that is what is intended if you are that blind and can't see something that big in front of your eyes.

Those who can find the sign, lets have a talk.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: EXACTLY! Why play games, puzzles with this guy? NOTHING, but a game/puzzle...
THAT is what I wanted ALL to "see". :coffee2: Coffee? ;D

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
From reading the Beale papers, there is a mention of a chief justice Marshall. I am guessing this is John Marshall, the Chief Justice who later sat on the Supreme Court and was a major source of irritation to Thomas Jefferson. John Marshall was chairman of the commission to survey the James River from its headwaters to the Chesapeake Bay. This surveying would have overlaped surveying performed by Jefferson in Bedford and Albelmarle Counties. Marshall was a Freemason, but there is no evidence that I am aware of that Jefferson was a Freemason. I am not seeing any link yet that helps to "solve" this puzzle.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D You are correct... Thomas Jefferson was NOT a FreeMason. He knew MANY who were, in Europe and the newly created USA; such as Ben Franklin, Chief John Marshall, etc. In fact, we have a LEGEND that Chief John Marshall WAS here in Lynchburg in "those days"; I have even been in the Hotel where Thomas Jefferson, and Andrew Jackson stayed in after the WAR of 1812. James Madison was PREZ, then... AND! LEGEND is that even Jean LaFitte was interested in this area, along the JAMES RIVER! :D :wink:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
What's up Freeman. You want to talk p.m. Me.

F

Franklin

tncreeker said:
WTF??? These are the exact same posts WORD FOR WORD that this yahoo Freeman posted back in 2010,,,,I think he is Franklins friend,, :-\

Sorry wrong again.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I tried to "post" this last night... BUT! The answer to Freeman is EASY. Andrew Jackson is mentioned in the "BP"; it is Fleming Mountain (aka JACKSON MOUNTAIN... as in Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson) in the Boonesboro/Big Island area of Bedford County, Va. SEVERAL mountain ridges over from NO BUSINESS MOUNTAIN. :o :wink: ALL of that land was once owned by THOMAS JEFFERSON! :o :wink: Poplar Forest (TJ) is @ 5 miles SE from there. :wink: :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? :wink: NOW, since TJ was a "Surveyor", and knew ROSICRUCIAN Symbols from his years in France, PROBABLY did do some "rock maps" in those "hills" (mountains)... BUT! I NEVER checked 'em out 'cause those mountains were CLOSER to Lynchburg, Va. & I was still STUCK in the BEALE PAPERS "box". HA! ;D :D :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: :coffee2:???

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D and knew ROSICRUCIAN Symbols from his years in France, I was still STUCK in the BEALE PAPERS "box". HA! ;D :D :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: :coffee2:???

Be careful Reb, you're close to making a "French"......"connexion"....out of this. :laughing7: :wink: :coffee2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread