For those who have SUPPOSABLY solved the Beale Cyphers

wacouta

Aug 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the sound of Rebel KGC's quote and tried it on Beale #1 "It was the second year..."
by luck "It was" seems to be correct. My interpretation turned out negative as a map but I'll share it in hopes someone else has a better idea.

s c sRe tfA Ogc DOT tUc wot wAT
JW Dsn Ets hOL IdP Ytw owc Hwv
IT WAS ONT WHO ESD EAt HHW OCW

"It was not who dies death who watch" for the key
"It was E.A. Poe who lied to you, not J Ward." for cipher text.
Using that diagonal triple letter scheme, I wasn't able to find more words after that.
Good luck Mr. Phelps!

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who have SUPPOSABLY solved the Beale Cyphers

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I liked the sound of Rebel KGC's quote and tried it on Beale #1 "It was the second year..."
by luck "It was" seems to be correct. My interpretation turned out negative as a map but I'll share it in hopes someone else has a better idea.

"It was E.A. Poe who lied to you, not J Ward." for cipher text...
"Few persons can be made to believe that it is not quite an easy thing to invent a method of secret writing which shall baffle investigation. Yet it may be roundly asserted that human ingenuity can not concoct a cipher which human ingenuity can not resolve"- Edgar Allen Poe 1841

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

"It was E.A. Poe who lied to you, not J Ward." for cipher text.
Using that diagonal triple letter scheme, I wasn't able to find more words after that.
Good luck Mr. Phelps!

1863; year of FIRST "deposit" per 2nd BC/DOI.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
...2nd year of deposit after the events at Danville, Virginia during April 1865.

YEP! As Yanks advanced towards Lynchburg, Va. CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: Duty, Honor, & Deceit by Peter Viemeister... :coffee2: Coffee...?

Last edited:

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone will ever tell how the name code is to be solved. Think about it :dontknow: why give out the name list , you are asking for many years in court with hundreds of people trying to file a claim. I have solved the codes and yes I plan to show and tell all but no one from the army, goverment, state or any other agency got back to me with my invite to tell all :dontknow:. So if the CIA and the Army are still looking for it then thats news to me. Each code has its own way to break it and I will not show the code for the names. We have held off on telling all about the codes until we can check out a site and we need someone with some kind of legal power or pull to get the land owners to let us on the land. This summer we hope to have a TV series on Treasure Hunting and this is one of 12 sites we hope to work. I hope this helps :hello:

How did this go?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread