The Beale Ciphers Explained: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beale Pamphlet Explained: Part One

I’m sure the local genealogy meets/swaps are very interesting. However, I think this deep seeded Eurpoean rooting has been vastly overlooked in regards to how a great deal of it plays very heavily on the story within the Beale Pamphlet. These deep seeded European roots are critical to our understanding of this very mystery.

What I’m about to outline for you here is but a small fraction of the extremely important details that play heavily in the story. However, from this small outline, given enough time and labor, you should be able to arrive at a point that will leave you both amazed and greatly enlightened.

The story in the Beale Pamphlet begins in 1817, with the recruiting of of a group of men who are agreeable to a defined set of terms and conditions. From here the story progresses to the two deposit dates of 1818 & 1821. As the unknown author continues his “tale” he it requires that he includes the date 1862, and then finally the pamphlet’s publication date of 1885, exactly 20 years past the date of the Lincoln assassination.

In the very beginning of the pamphlet we are asked to make the “connexions” and yet, as it were at the time, if you didn’t already have knowledge of the details and events in the pamphlet you would have stood no chance in making these connections. Our unknown author knew exactly what he was doing when he crafted the story, the very design of the tale intending to draw out one or more of those people who understood the significance of the details in the story.

Now before I continue it’s important that you understand a few things. First, it is important that you recognize the fact that extreme societies have been around for thousands of years, some lasting only a short while have managed to prosper in one form or another for centuries. As society changes so have some of this extreme societies adapted to these changes. Second, it also important that you recognize that for every cause there is also a counter-cause, both of these elements given life and purpose to the other. These causes and societies have existed all throughout history, just as they existed during the era outlined in the Beale Pamphlet. And last, you should recognize that in many cases these causes and societies are rooted very deeply in both tradition and ritual and that they are often the driving elements of the prominent and influential, and if not solely through family name then through the very organization or the society itself. As an example of these organizations one could easily point out the individual power and influences of the various churches and the people who follow each of them, religion being one cause that has adapted to the changes of society and likewise manifested into many forms, some of them even becoming extreme in their beliefs and practices. Politics and government would be another great example of these extreme causes and societies that thrive within the various cultures, both past and present. For every action there is a cause, and behind every cause there is a society and counter-society, with many of them being extreme in nature. Such is the case with the Beale Pamphlet, a story containing important events and details that would have little meaning to anyone outside of the true cause it is related to. Think not? Then perhaps you should continue reading the rest of this short, but very enlightening, text.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beale Pamphlet Explained; Part Two

In order to better understand what the Beale Pamphlet was really about one needs to revert back to the events that were taking place in Europe and other parts of the world at the time of the American Revolution. Obviously this would be quite an undertaking to try to detail of all of it here so for the purpose of this explanation we’re going to jump ahead to the Louisiana Purchase, an event that sparked great interest in many of our contributing causes and societies, some of them being carried into the New World by way of the events taking place in other parts of the world.

When Jefferson purchased this huge track of land a great debate followed as how to proceed. For the most part this region was vast and unsettled and nearly everyone wanted a piece of the pie. The land was now owned by the US but in reality it was prime for the claiming. As a result many causes began to focus their attention on this new territory. The French were without a home and for a time this unsettled territory became their great hope for salvation and the reconstruction of an uncertain empire. The Catholic church also saw great opportunity here, as did the endless string of powerful and influential land speculators who were actively pursuing their interest. Within the United States itself there was great political concern between the northern and southern interest as to who would control over the region and as to what beliefs would eventually dominate in the region. Within all of this many causes took life and with these causes came a wide range of new and existing societies in pursuit of these various causes. Fear, more then anything else, is what stalled the great American expansion into the new west, the fear of who and what might eventually dominate the region. This fear and the many influential causes and interest lead to many prolonged political and private struggles, which in many cases were one in the same. The very thing Thomas Jefferson had feared was quickly, and formidably, rearing its ugly and powerful head.

One of the very first major events arrived in 1817, that being the arrival of many powerful and influential French politicians and military figures, with most of them being supporters of Napoleon Bonaparte and his policies. In 1817 these refugees were granted a “very quickly approved” land grant for a vine and olive colony in Alabama which was “quickly sold” at a considerable profit so these Frenchmen could relocate in the disputed territory, a feat they were able to do within a year of their arriving into this country. There is now doubt this was a pre-arranged affair given the extremely short time frame in which all of this was accomplished.

History writes a very questionable and uncertain biography in regards to Jean Laffite and his brothers. Today we know that much of what has been written about these men and their influence to be complete gibberish. However, while their true influence and impact is still being researched and debated we do know that Laffite played a central role in the French presence in the disputed territory. It is also without question that Laffite had many powerful and influential associates both abroad and in the US. Laffite had arrived at Galveston Island just months before the arrival of the French refugees that were causing so much concern in the US, France, Great Britain, and Spain. In fact, it was Laffite that had played a major role in very arrangements that had taken the armed French refugees from New Orleans to Texas. And if the arrival of the French into the disputed territory wasn’t concern enough, then most certainly the rumor surrounding this event was of the greatest concern to all of the previously mentioned countries. “These Frenchmen were planning to free Napoleon Bonaparte and then bring him to the US and into their settlement in the disputed territory." It takes very little imagination to quickly summarize what might easily take place if this were allowed to happen. Many prominent and powerful French interest were suspected to be in support of this rumored plan and the south was full of influential French interest that could easily support and finance the plan. On top of this New Orleans was a major port of French entry and the floodgates would surely swing open if the French were allowed to establish themselves in the disputed lands. This ongoing concern played very heavily on all the other causes via for position in the west, including such interest as the powerful and wealthy land speculators, banking institutions, corrupted politicians, the Catholic Church, and even the interest of other countries, etc., etc., etc.

Now I’m providing just enough history as it is going to relate to the Beale Pamphlet so you can see how certain causes and societies gain strength, impact and influence history, and how and why they can become very extreme in nature. The French cause in the disputed territory was an obvious cause with an obvious society, however, what isn’t all that obvious in this bit of history are all the other powerful and influential counter-causes and the societies that were actively and furiously working against the French cause. This portion of history, which took its “obvious” roots in this country in 1817, is in fact the beginning element of the story in the Beale Pamphlet.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beale Pamphlet Explained: Part Three

Genealogy, it is indeed a fascinating and amazing tool. Through the use of today’s genealogy tools and sources we are able to trace our roots and family heritage. However, what genealogy alone cannot provide to us are the many connections that can only be found through the thousands of historical private collections that are housed in an endless stream of locations. Some of these can be found online while others cannot be. In many of these collections there are still hundreds, if not thousands of letters and documents that haven’t even been logged, discovered or copied. It is often only through these resources that we are able to connect one seemingly unrelated individual or family to another, something genealogy alone cannot provide. Having said this, it is the many documents and letters within these historical and private collections that can allow you to write an accurate and informative piece, like the one I am presenting now, with a great deal of confidence and certainty. I assure you, everything I have presented thus far, and will continue to present, is not unfounded. I sincerely wish I could present all of it, however, to do so in full order would take endless volumes and half a lifetime as it has enveloped countless sources and endless communications that are still in progress today.

So keeping in mind all that has been talked about up to this point, our story in the Beale Pamphlet begins in 1817 and it ends in 1885 with pamphlet’s publication. In this story we learn of two deposits that were made four miles from Buford’s Tavern in Bedford County, Virginia. And last, we learn of the mysterious ten-year term surrounding the fate these two deposits. From this point forward I’m going to provide you with some very curious names that are worthy of your future research and pursuit. I’m also going to point out other appropriate details that might also be worth your further investigation. Again, to list all of the names and details would take weeks and endless explaining. However, what is provided here should eventually take you to the truth behind the story in Beale Pamphlet. But be forewarned, the trip isn’t without risk and possible brushes with danger and you may just discover that “if” there is a treasure to be found it might just be better off left to its hiding.

Names are amazing mystery to explore. Certainly we’re all aware that given names are often borrowed and assigned to individuals based on someone in the family’s heritage or past. Other times these given names are borrowed from prominent and/or controversial figures of the past, this most often happening when a family associates itself with that particular individual’s stature, beliefs, or successes. In families who are extreme about their beliefs or overly proud of their family heritage these given names can likewise become very extreme in their nature. Now, perhaps nothing exemplifies this fascinating mystery more then the following two names; Napoleon Bonaparte Buford and Algernon Sidney Buford. Now most people know who Napoleon Bonaparte was, but few know who Algeron Sidney was, both of these names very worthy of your further research. Incidentally, the given name Paschal is French. I assure you that once you read and understand the histories of Napoleon Bonaparte and Algernon Sidney you will have a much better understanding of how it all might relate to the story in the Beale Pamphlet. Simon Bolivar took and oath in the roman Catholic city of Rome, General Charles Lallemand took his oath at the Catholic Church in New Orleans. Two more starting points worthy of your further research. Other names worth your time to research are DuPont, DeForest, Livingston, Thomas Hart Benton, Stephen Girard, Grandpierre, Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Marshall, Lincoln, Thaxton, *****, Coffee, and these will eventually lead you to many other names and causes. Incidentally, ever wonder how the Hart brothers knew that “Jefferson” was the middle name of our Thomas Beale? This is where a bot of genealogical time might lead you to Colonel Thomas Hart and his relationship to Henry Clay and Thomas Hart Benton. Could also be that Benton, or “Old Bullion” as he was called, knew the Thaxton and Scott families very well. Where did Henry Buford spend his time, what were his family roots? It’s all very interesting stuff.

Poor Abraham Lincoln, shot in the head by John Wilks Booth, a conspirator from the south with strong southern beliefs. I believe there is a boarding house in this history, also a tavern and a couple of conspirators with the last name of, Surratt. Now I know what you’re thinking and I fully agree that it all sounds a bit too much, to think that any cause including Lincoln could span an era from 1817 to 1885. However, let me lay the following information on you:

In his memoirs Laffite says that he firmly believes that “all future events can be controlled with precision and certainty” Even today researchers are somewhat miffed at how in his memoirs, penned in the 1850’s, how he was able to predict the who decline and division of the European nations? So how did he know? Was it luck or possibly an educated guess? Or, was it a destiny that had been put in motion many years before? Her was a man who, by his own admission, had “financed the works of Mr. Engles and Mr. Marx.” Strange, indeed.

In the Laffite Memoirs were learn that Laffite, upon his expected exile from Galveston, had “recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Sherman, Mr. Campbell, and those of Bolivar, to distribute the gold to the indicated places as promised.” What gold was he referring to and to whom had the promise been made? This was in 1821, the same year as the last Beale deposit and just months before the ratification of the Adam’s Onis Treaty with Spain. Oddly enough, the first deposit had been made on nearly the exact same schedule in advance of the signing of this same treaty. Mexico would eventually ratify this same treaty in 1831, strangely within the limits of the ten-year term attached to the Bedford County deposits. “The game is worth the candle.”

And since I’m sure you’re really starting to wonder where I’m going with all of this, and keeping in mind everything spoken about or made mention of in the four part text, let me close with the following stunner. I’m sure the answer will really set you back a bit once you discover the answer. In his memoirs, written on the very last page, Laffite states, with now a very obvious and known meaning and conviction, “If God wishes to love the fifth generation to come, he will unveil the intentions and the spirit of the dead. And with my entire help!”

Now I’ve pointed out before that his memoirs arrived on the scene during the fifth generation of this country in the hands of one John A. Lafite. What I have never before pointed out is the following; “What was John A. Lafite’s wife’s maiden name?”

You have been provided all of the required details and avenues to begin your research and pursuit of the truth, but heed the warning….perhaps some truths are better left undiscovered.

K

Kentucky Kache

Since your research has already found what you're referring to, why don't you post the conclusions?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since your research has already found what you're referring to, why don't you post the conclusions?

This research is still in progress. At present we are waiting on the arrival of a few documents. As stated in the above text, the conclusion isn't something that can be easily explained or detailed in just a few pages of text. Everyone seems to want to believe that the answer isn't sprawling in its entire content, and yet it is extremely sprawling. Research the names provided and it shouldn't take you long before you arrive at a lot of other interesting names and connections. Once you have this information the rest will be that much easier to explain because you will already have a good grasp of the basic scheme of things. By now you should have at least investigated things enough to learn that John A.'s Lafite's wife's maiden name was, Surratt. Genealogy alone will display that there is no relationship between these Surratts and those of the Lincoln conspirators, and yet? Ask yourself why two men would be named after such figures as Algernon Sidney and Napoleon Bonaparte and then research these two men so you have a better understanding of who these two figures were and the influence and impact they had on their surrounding societies and cultures of their time. Understand who Carl Marx was and what influence and impact his work had on many cultures and societies. Understand the contents in the DOI and the five true causes of the Civil War. I wish the answer/conclusion was a simple one but it isn't until you understand a great deal about these histories and the men and various causes that were a part of it all. Our unknown author could have selected one in a million of various documents to use as the key to C2, yet it was no accident that he happened to choose the DOI.

K

Kentucky Kache

This research is still in progress. At present we are waiting on the arrival of a few documents. As stated in the above text, the conclusion isn't something that can be easily explained or detailed in just a few pages of text. Everyone seems to want to believe that the answer isn't sprawling in its entire content, and yet it is extremely sprawling. Research the names provided and it shouldn't take you long before you arrive at a lot of other interesting names and connections. Once you have this information the rest will be that much easier to explain because you will already have a good grasp of the basic scheme of things. By now you should have at least investigated things enough to learn that John A.'s Lafite's wife's maiden name was, Surratt. Genealogy alone will display that there is no relationship between these Surratts and those of the Lincoln conspirators, and yet? Ask yourself why two men would be named after such figures as Algernon Sidney and Napoleon Bonaparte and then research these two men so you have a better understanding of who these two figures were and the influence and impact they had on their surrounding societies and cultures of their time. Understand who Carl Marx was and what influence and impact his work had on many cultures and societies. Understand the contents in the DOI and the five true causes of the Civil War. I wish the answer/conclusion was a simple one but it isn't until you understand a great deal about these histories and the men and various causes that were a part of it all. Our unknown author could have selected one in a million of various documents to use as the key to C2, yet it was no accident that he happened to choose the DOI.

I understand what you're saying, but the reason people buy books is usually because someone has done all the research and has come to a conclusion that he wants to show. The writer of such story is trusted to have spent ample time and effort in the subject, and therefore his book sells. What I'm saying is, having other Irons in the fire, I'd rather read a conclusion from such a writer, examining his evidence, than to spend the next year or two researching it myself.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK,
Understand completely. But so much of this plays heavily into a lot of the topics and subjects that have been discussed on these forums over the years. For instance, guys like Reb and Franklin probably have more information and access then they might realize. Basically, the Beale Pamphlet is all about the clashes for power that has been going on in this country even before its conception. The real question rest in, "Why did the unknown author feel the need to create the story?" And it is an absolute certainty that the author did in fact have full knowledge of the true events and the contents of the ciphers when he penned the tale. As just one example of this, according to the author the ciphers had no order until he laid them out and numbered them according to their length. Without a doubt this tells us that the unknown author numbered the ciphers as we know them today, i.e., 1,2,3. However, if this were true then the clear text for cipher 2 would not end with, "Paper number "1" describes the exact locality of the vault....." And, as pointed out and discussed in other post, there are also several other blunders, or possible intended errors, that only the author made. "Connections" is a French Creole spelling and pronunciation for, connections. This was by design rather then through coincidence or error. Napoleon Bonaparte Buford and Algernon Sidney Buford are heavily French and both Bonaparte and Sidney played very heavily in French clashes for power. Pascal Buford, though perhaps not readily recognized as such, also bears heavy French influence. The only documented source of a treasure from west to east during the period in question (1819 & 1821) is that of a heavily influenced French occupation in the disputed territory. It is from the start of this same French presence in New Orleans that many names, events, and connections can be traced back to Bedford County, Virgina, and even into the Civil War and the events leading up to it. The problem is, however, like every other theory in existence regarding this mystery the conclusion you ask for can only come by way of the two clear text in the remaining ciphers, which I personally believe will never be allowed to come forth without a key unless we first maintain a full understanding of the many elements involved. It's only once all of these elements are understood that perhaps the correct & complete cipher solutions might follow. Having said all this, I can tell you that I am now 100% certain we are on the right track. I'm just sharing some of the details for those who might care to research some of this information for themselves. There is no way I could possibly present it all and there is very little that I am intentionally holding in reserve at this time.

K

Kentucky Kache

I'd like to see a complete statement of what you believe, and then I could look at the supporting evidence.
I know some of it, and it sounds good. I just want to know more.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a complete statement of what you believe, and then I could look at the supporting evidence.
I know some of it, and it sounds good. I just want to know more.

Unfortunately, a complete statement of what I believe is rather complicated and complex, not easy to put into an understandable format because of the vast amount of various influencing factors and history behind it all. It’s just not as simple as thirty men going on a hunting trip where they find treasure, only to have transported it back east where it still remains hidden today for some unknown reason. This simple tale alone took the unknown author 23 pages to present and I assure you that I can’t present a simple, well explained and sufficiently documented and detailed complete statement in ten times that number of pages. The more you already know and understand the easier it will be to fill in the holes. If the roles were reversed, I can tell you that I would have no chance of understanding what you were trying to explain to me unless you penned an entire volume, or volumes, containing all the necessary details, etc. Some will investigate what I’ve put out here for themselves, others won’t. That’s simply the best I can do for now. Maybe Tat will add to this or attempt to explain it better then I have?

K

Kentucky Kache

Unfortunately, a complete statement of what I believe is rather complicated and complex, not easy to put into an understandable format because of the vast amount of various influencing factors and history behind it all. It’s just not as simple as thirty men going on a hunting trip where they find treasure, only to have transported it back east where it still remains hidden today for some unknown reason. This simple tale alone took the unknown author 23 pages to present and I assure you that I can’t present a simple, well explained and sufficiently documented and detailed complete statement in ten times that number of pages. The more you already know and understand the easier it will be to fill in the holes. If the roles were reversed, I can tell you that I would have no chance of understanding what you were trying to explain to me unless you penned an entire volume, or volumes, containing all the necessary details, etc. Some will investigate what I’ve put out here for themselves, others won’t. That’s simply the best I can do for now. Maybe Tat will add to this or attempt to explain it better then I have?

I wasn't asking you to give all the reasons you believe what you believe, just a highlight of the things you believe. Then it would be easier to research what you're talking about in the links, looking for supporting evidence. Haven't you already written a book on this?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't asking you to give all the reasons you believe what you believe, just a highlight of the things you believe. Then it would be easier to research what you're talking about in the links, looking for supporting evidence. Haven't you already written a book on this?

No, the book project was put on indefinite hold when all of this other stuff started coming to the surface. Give me a bit to think about the "highlights" and I'll attempt to explain to you what I believe.

K

Kentucky Kache

No, the book project was put on indefinite hold when all of this other stuff started coming to the surface. Give me a bit to think about the "highlights" and I'll attempt to explain to you what I believe.

"Highlights" is a word.

Anyway, I was just trying to explain what I was talking about, so there's no need to post anything unless you feel it's needed.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Isn't highlights a plural noun? Highlighted would be an adjective. No response necessary.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A plural noun is more than one person, place, or thing. If you are talking more than one of something it is known as plural and an s, es, or ies is added to the nouns. Cat becomes cats. There are a few exceptions to this but not many. An example of an exception is moose plural is still moose.

In grammar, an adjective is a 'describing' word; the main syntactic role of which is to qualify a noun or noun phrase, giving more information about the object signified.

However, in this case the actual "highlights" were not yet known, thus the word was actually used without any known or recognized reference pertaining to the object/objects yet to be signified. :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

A plural noun is more than one person, place, or thing. If you are talking more than one of something it is known as plural and an s, es, or ies is added to the nouns. Cat becomes cats. There are a few exceptions to this but not many. An example of an exception is moose plural is still moose.

In grammar, an adjective is a 'describing' word; the main syntactic role of which is to qualify a noun or noun phrase, giving more information about the object signified.

However, in this case the actual "highlights" were not yet known, thus the word was actually used without any known or recognized reference pertaining to the object/objects yet to be signified. :laughing7:

The objects yet to be signified. That's why I needed the Highlights.:laughing7: Not to be confused with "lowlights," which can be hard on your eyes.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Just wondering, has the spelling of Beale ever just changed to Beal? If it did I might have some records from 1893 that might help in your research.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
LOL! BEALE, BEAL, BEALL... seen 'em ALL! (WINK) What cha got?

A Sanborn map from 1893 that shows some property that was owned by Alice L. Beal and Bertha I. Beal. I have no idea if they were any part the same family as the story. It's just funny to me that there are no buildings or homes shown on the property and I haven't found any other property that they owned.

Historic Map: Maryville - North, Atlas: Nodaway County 1893, Missouri - Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy ™

It's on the far right hand side of the map. I know part of the property Alice owned was a CC camp in the 30's (it's a couple of nursing homes now). The other part became Beal park in 1944 but before that it was used for at least one public hanging that I know of. I haven't been able to find out where the 2 women came from or ended up though. There is a county museum here that might have some old records but their collection is kinda hard to navigate.

Charlie

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(DUNNO) That's is in MO (Missouri), so... POSSIBLE, but not likely connected to Beale Pamphlet of 1885; about Beale Expeditions of 1819-1822. MAY be connected to CONFEDERATE WAR, & JESSE JAMES, tho. JEFFERSON BARRACKS, south of St. Loo was where the Hutter Bros. of Lynchburg, Va. were born, since their daddy was "stationed" there (originally from Lynchburg, Va.; owned & lived in Poplar Forest... [TJ] for YEARS). In fact, Frank James & family were living here in Lynchburg, Va. when brother Jess was killed. Jess & Frank DID serve as part of REBEL unit in Missouri (will look it up)... MORE, later. Gonna "storm" this afternoon, hope I don't lose power & "puter" for a week... AGAIN! (WINK)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread