Things about the beale code not consistant

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011

From Beale papers by J.B. Ward
Stopping at buford,s where we remained for a month, under pretense of hunting etc.
Time line
left st louis may 19th 1817,arrived after dec 1st 1817
early march1818 hunting party from santa fe, month or more before heard from=april 1818 mining ore
Under this arrangement the work progressed favorable for eighteen months or more=Dec 1819
The first deposit deposited November, 1819.
It was in the month of January, 1820, while keeping the Washington Hotel, that I first saw and became acquainted with Beale

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The work being done,was being done in Bedford. 18 months,workforce,large supply of metal, huge vault.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol,keep name popn,You really don't know. Lol

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Records and trapers, lol, mybad,,lol,show us the records,lol.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Show us frank, lets see your proof,lol. Post alittle proof. Lol..all talk..

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How long did it take to get from Santa Fe,to Bedford. Back in those days.

K

Kentucky Kache

Franklin, why do you say the Beale codes are a cover story for the Confederate treasure, yet you seem to believe the Beale story of the early 1800's? Just wondering.

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
early march1818 hunting party from santa fe, month or more before heard from=april 1818 mining ore
Under this arrangement the work progressed favorable for eighteen months or more=
Dec 1819

look at the time stated in the papers Franklin,figure it out how could they make a deposit nov 1819 if he headed back dec 18th? and why did beale call the tavern bufords when it was the washington hotel?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under this arrangement the work progressed favorable for eighteen months or more=
Dec 1819

look at the time stated in the papers Franklin,figure it out how could they make a deposit nov 1819 if he headed back dec 18th? and why did beale call the tavern bufords when it was the washington hotel?

Kenjmor,
You are correct! Just another one of those facts that made the entire trip out west, "impossible". I don't know a serious researcher who still believes that trip ever trip ever took place. Most professional/serious researchers have refocused their efforts to "documented" events that were taking place in the southwest where there also exist "documented" evidence of a missing large money transfer that took place during the exact period described in the Beale Pamphlet, this also having "documented and recorded" first hand accounts and additional records that support this possibility. :icon_thumright: However, this in no way eliminates the remaining possibility of a simple "factual dime novel" that John Sherman was known for.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOHN SHERMAN?!!! LOL! ROFL! Will share with you info soon, on John Sherman... ROFL!

ROLF! After you tell me about John Sherman I'll tell you more about him. ROFL! Heck, I might even tell you about one of his descendents! Let's see what you got! :icon_thumright:

PS: Do you ever sleep?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ROFL... SLEEP? WHAT is THAT? LOL! YOU wanna tell me about that DANG yankee... Gen. W.T. Sherman, during the CONFEDERATE WAR... are you SURE, you wanna go there? HA!

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFL... SLEEP? WHAT is THAT? LOL! YOU wanna tell me about that DANG yankee... Gen. W.T. Sherman, during the CONFEDERATE WAR... are you SURE, you wanna go there? HA!

ROLF! Way wrong direction, he doesn't even come into play. I figured "descendents" would direct you there. Now try, "ancestors"....that's the direction you need to go. Now let's see what you got? lol

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My theory has never changed as to it being a completely French thing or a simple dime novel, though more then a few details have been coming to light as to what really took place, and why.

LOL....As for the Lincoln thing,...."it was from my vault of past research"......interesting to explore but not directly relevant to the event in question. I put that out there for those who want to, or are already, exploring that possibility. It presents a very strong parallel to many of the events and characters in the Beale Pamphlet. Actually, since we're discussing that very thing, it actually better lends itself to the John Sherman/Author theory as much of his fiction work was in the form of "factual" dime novels, including characters and details from past events. But what's most interesting about it, "if" you are researching the whole French thing in the southwest, is that many of the ideals, people, and issues were active during both events/periods.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ROLF! Way wrong direction, he doesn't even come into play. I figured "descendents" would direct you there. Now try, "ancestors"....that's the direction you need to go. Now let's see what you got? lol

:laughing7: HA! I don't do "out of VIRGINIA" stuff; YOU do. NO need for "PAST" stuff; want the "present" stuff & FUTURE. Tell me what cha got...:coffee2: Need coffee?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As for John William Sherman... born in 1859 (Lynchburg, Va.)... Kinda YOUNG for BEALE PAPER(S) 1884/1885, in MY "VIEW".

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first thought, I would agree. But, times were much different back then an one's education was often tutored, or mentored, much earlier. For instance, there were practicing lawyers by the age of 20, business partners as young as 19. Today these people are still in collage, some of them for several more years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread