M

monroe35

Sep 7, 2012
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
TJB was appointed Brevet Major on August 26, 1828. Performed as a Major, paid as a Captain. Don't know about the other. monroe35

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this where I have always maintained that there is a great deal of confusion as to who was who when it comes to Beale.

OP
OP
M

monroe35

Sep 7, 2012
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There is no confusion here, he would have been up for permanent appointment as Major in a few years as Franklin said. He was appointed 1st Lieutenant on March 3, 1813 and Captain on September 26, 1818 and would have been put up for Major about 1833 or so. monroe35

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TJB died during the Blackhawk Wars. Guess who else was in the Blackhawk Wars. All of this is in my CD Book, "Lost Diary of TJB" I told everyone it was based on 99% fact.

GREAT CD Book! Put it on yer X-mas list... and GET IT! ENJOY!

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this where I have always maintained that there is a great deal of confusion as to who was who when it comes to Beale.
Pertaining to this story, I am total confused, and I am sure so are many other treasure hunters. Go for it and good luck.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no confusion here, he would have been up for permanent appointment as Major in a few years as Franklin said. He was appointed 1st Lieutenant on March 3, 1813 and Captain on September 26, 1818 and would have been put up for Major about 1833 or so. monroe35

Crypto has this document too !

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

andrew jackson life beal.PNG

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Well BigScoop what do you think about this statement from Franklin ?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If can not connect this Thomas J Beale to Robert Morriss in the pamphlet story, not much.

He is Thomas Beale who left Fincastle for New Orleans and why not link with Morriss if he is the guy that is TJB of the Beale Papers ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is Thomas Beale who left Fincastle for New Orleans and why not link with Morriss if he is the guy that is TJB of the Beale Papers ?

He is not Thomas J. Beale of the Beale Papers. How could he when that Thomas Beale died September, 1820? Further when you get different documents to verify a name, you have to be sure they are talking about the same person. The Thomas Beale in New Orleans is not the same Thomas Beale on the Smyrna going down the Ohio River. That was Captain Thomas J. Beall from Bealltown, PA. Also the Thomas Beale in the Franklin, Missouri Intelligenser was the same Thomas Beale from Bealltown, PA on his way up to Fort Armstrong, Illinois where he died. My CD Book is written about this Captain Thomas J. Beall. The Thomas J. Beale that met Robert Morris at the Washington Inn was not a Captain in the military, he was elected Captain in St. Louis, MO when they left going West to hunt buffalo------a civilian Captain.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
think at this stage in the game being worth the candle, Laf will jump on any Beale he can turn up with the initials TJB and claim this is "THE BEALE".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
He is not Thomas J. Beale of the Beale Papers. How could he when that Thomas Beale died September, 1820? Further when you get different documents to verify a name, you have to be sure they are talking about the same person. The Thomas Beale in New Orleans is not the same Thomas Beale on the Smyrna going down the Ohio River. That was Captain Thomas J. Beall from Bealltown, PA. Also the Thomas Beale in the Franklin, Missouri Intelligenser was the same Thomas Beale from Bealltown, PA on his way up to Fort Armstrong, Illinois where he died. My CD Book is written about this Captain Thomas J. Beall. The Thomas J. Beale that met Robert Morris at the Washington Inn was not a Captain in the military, he was elected Captain in St. Louis, MO when they left going West to hunt buffalo------a civilian Captain.
BEALL... US ARMY; "Motto"... "BE ALL you can be!" Heh...

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1st lieutenant Thomas Jones Beall left home in MD after April 17 1816 at the time he received his first orders after reenlisting that January 1816. He became Captain in 1818. He died in 1832 two years after RET.
The ( I ) Jean found is a mistake in the record best as i can see. There was a 5 year old with the name Thomas Beale that died in the area of New Orleans in 1820, outbreak of yellow fever. I can check my notes from the 90's

Captain Thomas Beale Sr of New Orleans was only a NO volunteer rifle co Captain not a Army Captain. He may have been voted in as Captain and his name was spelled Beal in the history of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread