The Simpson Papers

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Hart Papers are Fiction...
Which would make Innis book fiction as she received her information from George Hart who also introduced her to an Otey family member who had an iron box with that numbers covered torn slip of paper.
The same can be said of Ellis, who borrowed the PLANTERS HOTEL in St Louis reference in the Hart Papers.
It is interesting that the 1885 BEALE PAPERS keeps generating new versions spun from the original fabric and the never ending '"real story behind the Beale story" alternatives clothed in gossamer fact.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which would make Innis book fiction as she received her information from George Hart who also introduced her to an Otey family member who had an iron box with that numbers covered torn slip of paper.
The same can be said of Ellis, who borrowed the PLANTERS HOTEL in St Louis reference in the Hart Papers.
It is interesting that the 1885 BEALE PAPERS keeps generating new versions spun from the original fabric and the never ending '"real story behind the Beale story" alternatives clothed in gossamer fact.

ECS, It is not that the Hart Papers, Innis' books or Ellis' book are fiction. These three you mentioned make no claims as being authentic or that they recovered a treasure. It is only their work and speculations on the solving of this mystery. Their works and others work can help us to either solve this mystery or come to a conclusion as to whether this is a treasure worth searching and hunting for or do we chalk it up to just being a story. Which is what you have already done. Let us make up our own minds about this treasure story as you have done. We can read pro and cons and still make up our own mind. Myself I could go either way as I have not completely made up my mind one way or the other. I know the Beale Party Expedition did not happen but that does not mean that these cipher codes could not be something that could lead us to another large treasure such as the CSA Treasury. We need some documented letters, diaries or journals that may shed some light on the matter.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh...

Anyways me and Jean will just enjoy the actual solves with Ken Bauman...
Franklin, what is your opinion the "actual solves" and/or "real story behind the Beale story" presented by the above?
All these "solves" and "real stories behind the Beale story" have all been different, all being based on the preconceived expectations of the cipher solver or researcher.
The reason I mention the Harts, Innis, Ellis was to present examples on how the original Beale story was expanded upon by this speculation, and this speculation continues to this day with no resolution in sight.
...and the answer as to why there is no resolution has been obvious for quite some time.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, what is your opinion the "actual solves" and/or "real story behind the Beale story" presented by the above?
All these "solves" and "real stories behind the Beale story" have all been different, all being based on the preconceived expectations of the cipher solver or researcher.
The reason I mention the Harts, Innis, Ellis was to present examples on how the original Beale story was expanded upon by this speculation, and this speculation continues to this day with no resolution in sight.
...and the answer as to why there is no resolution has been obvious for quite some time.

I like to read all ideas. In my mind I discard a lot of them. But I still like to hear others thoughts and ideas about the hunt. It doesn't hurt to ear them out. Just takes a little of my time. Sometimes they have some pretty good ideas and even they do not know it. I am sorry but I do not like to critize the posters for the work they have done. They may be searching down the wrong road and we all may be searching down the wrong road as there may not be a treasure. But we are learning all the times, new methods and approach to our searches and we are learning a wealth of information about history. I do not see it as a waste of time even if the story ends up being just that a story.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"You need to write FICTION before you start wind bag stories like that"- Franklin

... I am sorry but I do not like to critize the posters for the work they have done. They may be searching down the wrong road and we all may be searching down the wrong road as there may not be a treasure...
I am pleased to note that you no longer like to criticize other posters, as I and others have been the brunt of your criticism in the past, but you are well aware that much of this "wrong road" speculative "ideas" are far too often quoted as fact and passed forward as such.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pleased to note that you no longer like to criticize other posters, as I and others have been the brunt of your criticism in the past, but you are well aware that much of this "wrong road" speculative "ideas" are far too often quoted as fact and passed forward as such.

You can't recover from your rants against here.....there are a dozen searchers that all have been told by you that there is a problem with their solves....

There are numerous others here that take your analytical pseudo speak as it is.....a complete sham to derail posts...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There are numerous others here that take your analytical pseudo speak as it is.....a complete sham to derail posts...
"Analytical pseudo speak" - :laughing7:- Now that was a good one! LOL!
As for a "complete sham", you do seem to be an experienced expert in that field.
Nothing is derailed as the "train keeps rollin' all night long". :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to read all ideas. In my mind I discard a lot of them. But I still like to hear others thoughts and ideas about the hunt...
For your consideration, a look at the Captain Thomas Beale, vestryman of Bruton Parish, Williamsburg, and the Beale treasure connection to the Francis Bacon Vault and other treasure legends.
Geomantic Information Systems; Exploring the Geographic Mysteries of Art and Architecture: THE BEALE TREASURE AND RATON PASS OF NEW MEXICO. The American Mysteries Part I
...and then the adventures of Mary Bauer Hall and the Rockefeller conspiracy to keep the treasure:
https://atlantisrisingmagazine.com/article/lost-secrets-of-the-bruton-vault
So many "real story behind the Beale perilous adventure story"- so little time to read them all. :icon_study: :evil5:

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For your consideration, a look at the Captain Thomas Beale, vestryman of Bruton Parish, Williamsburg, and the Beale treasure connection to the Francis Bacon Vault and other treasure legends.
Geomantic Information Systems; Exploring the Geographic Mysteries of Art and Architecture: THE BEALE TREASURE AND RATON PASS OF NEW MEXICO. The American Mysteries Part I
...and then the adventures of Mary Bauer Hall and the Rockefeller conspiracy to keep the treasure:
https://atlantisrisingmagazine.com/article/lost-secrets-of-the-bruton-vault
So many "real story behind the Beale perilous adventure story"- so little time to read them all. :icon_study: :evil5:

That's why there's soooo many of them and why they're called, "conspiracy theories" because there is no real connection at their core, just more man-made fascinations.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why there's soooo many of them and why they're called, "conspiracy theories" because there is no real connection at their core, just more man-made fascinations.
Like this correspondence between Thomas Jefferson and George Wythe that has been used as proof that copper scrolls were found at Bruton Parish and are part of the larger Templar treasure hidden in Williamsburg, Virginia:

http://lawlibrary.wm.edu/wythepedia/index.php/Wythe_to_Thomas_Jefferson_10_January_1796
https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Jefferson/01-10-02-0162

NOTE: There is No mention of copper scrolls, Templars, treasure- just a copper plate Wythe wants engraved with a quote.

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone noticed a similarity in the theories in the above links to those that have been posted on these threads as original research and fact?

No this is a post about the information contained in the "Simpson Papers" that Jean Laf allowed me to add to his site.....

Please take your discussion elsewhere.....seriously..... off course intentional banter is moot....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of the information in the posted links are similar to information contained in the SIMPSON PAPERS.

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you possibly try to point out the exact information for comparison then? I have no idea which parts you are referencing

Cut a section, paste it here in a quote with the link, then compare it to a statement I made.....would be interesting to see here don't you think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread