Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, when we step back and examine the Beale Pamphlet in unbiased observation the story it tells really isn't any different then hundreds of other treasure tales. What I mean by this is simply that there is no known source to the tale, this supposed identity being hidden in the way of an anonymous author. So lacking this source the entire tale is then thrust into the usual world of complete and free speculation.

Having said the above we will likely never know if the author's identity was hidden by design or as a result of impending circumstance. Here again, this situation as well is left to complete and free speculation. So in the end we have a fabulous treasure story that holds absolutely, “no liability.” This zero liability condition seems to be a constant in most other heavily scrutinized and highly suspect treasure tales as well.

Another condition that seems to run rampant in most fabulous treasure tales is the complete lack of evidence in support of the tale and just like these the Beale Pamphlet story is no different. So what is it about the Beale Pamphlet story that makes it so darn different then all the others?

For starters, this is a fabulous treasure story that was introduced in book form, the word “authentic” displayed on the cover and then pages of play by play narration that give it a greater sense of presence. In the Beale story we have dramatic and mysterious characters, an unbelievable task and grand adventure, and of course, a fabulous treasure that is detailed right down to last pound. This is what's so unique about the fabulous Beale story. Now, and having made clear all of the above, what follows is really what represents this story.

Several years ago I was convinced that the story had to be true. I based this opinion on the simple fact that over the years nobody implicated in the tale, or their descendants, had bothered to file a liable suit over the issue, therefore I “assumed” that there had to be some measure of truth in the tale. However, it wasn't until I consulted a lawyer that I learned this simply wasn't the case at all. You see, do to the manner in which the tale is penned the original source is never offered and therefore there is absolutely nobody to place the liability upon, and in later years you certainly can't get the truth from the dead.

As agent for the story Ward held no liability in the matter as he was only presenting what some unnamed source had supposedly asked him to present. Sound familiar? Well it probably does, and it should. But even with all of this, my legal adviser suggested, “Then why, if the story held any measure of truth at all, and given the huge rewards that they might have been entitled to, had none of involved and referenced parties, or their decedents, ever come forward with proof that the story was true?” Sound familiar? Well, perhaps when you step back and examine the tale in unbiased fashion, it will. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You know, when we step back and examine the Beale Pamphlet in unbiased observation the story it tells really isn't any different then hundreds of other treasure tales. What I mean by this is simply that there is no known source to the tale, this supposed identity being hidden in the way of an anonymous author. So lacking this source the entire tale is then thrust into the usual world of complete and free speculation.

Having said the above we will likely never know if the author's identity was hidden by design or as a result of impending circumstance. Here again, this situation as well is left to complete and free speculation. So in the end we have a fabulous treasure story that holds absolutely, “no liability.” This zero liability condition seems to be a constant in most other heavily scrutinized and highly suspect treasure tales as well.

Another condition that seems to run rampant in most fabulous treasure tales is the complete lack of evidence in support of the tale and just like these the Beale Pamphlet story is no different. So what is it about the Beale Pamphlet story that makes it so darn different then all the others?

For starters, this is a fabulous treasure story that was introduced in book form, the word “authentic” displayed on the cover and then pages of play by play narration that give it a greater sense of presence. In the Beale story we have dramatic and mysterious characters, an unbelievable task and grand adventure, and of course, a fabulous treasure that is detailed right down to last pound. This is what's so unique about the fabulous Beale story. Now, and having made clear all of the above, what follows is really what represents this story.

Several years ago I was convinced that the story had to be true. I based this opinion on the simple fact that over the years nobody implicated in the tale, or their descendants, had bothered to file a liable suit over the issue, therefore I “assumed” that there had to be some measure of truth in the tale. However, it wasn't until I consulted a lawyer that I learned this simply wasn't the case at all. You see, do to the manner in which the tale is penned the original source is never offered and therefore there is absolutely nobody to place the liability upon, and in later years you certainly can't get the truth from the dead.

As agent for the story Ward held no liability in the matter as he was only presenting what some unnamed source had supposedly asked him to present. Sound familiar? Well it probably does, and it should. But even with all of this, my legal adviser suggested, “Then why, if the story held any measure of truth at all, and given the huge rewards that they might have been entitled to, had none of involved and referenced parties, or their decedents, ever come forward with proof that the story was true?” Sound familiar? Well, perhaps when you step back and examine the tale in unbiased fashion, it will. :dontknow:

EASY for YOU to "say"; "locals" have a DIFFERENT "take" with "connections"... seeing REAL history here; REAL "clues" here & there. Doing "arm-chair" R & I is TOUGH; "bias"...? LOL! :coffee2: Coffee...? 8-) (SUNNY & COOL, out).

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you KNOW that I've been way beyond armchair.....:laughing7:
But as I have said before, there's no romance or personal attachment for me.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A) I'm going to give you an envelope with 3 unmarked ciphers in it.
B) In this envelope cipher number 2 is already going to be decoded for you and it is going to say that cipher 1 will give you the location of the vault and that cipher number 3 will give you the residences of the parties involved.
C) Question is, how will you determine with absolute certainty which of the two remaining unmarked ciphers is cipher number 1 and cipher number 3?

You see, you won't be able to determine this unless you already know which of the remaining two ciphers is cipher number 1 and cipher number 3. And yet your unknown author is 100% certain that simply by arranging the two remaining two ciphers according to their length that he has them in correct order. :laughing7:

At some point folks need to be rational in their judgement because what the unknown author has presented them with here is an, "impossible scenario" and a complete fabrication in details. :thumbsup:

Now stop and consider what this is telling you about the unknown author and the ciphers. It is telling you that the unknown author already knew what the clear text for C2 was before he supposedly numbered the ciphers simply according to their length. PERIOD! And most likely, he knew this because......"he wrote the C2 clear text!"

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think you KNOW that I've been way beyond armchair.....:laughing7:
But as I have said before, there's no romance or personal attachment for me.

I know that YOU were "here" 20 years or so ago; R & I has ADDED more R & I info... since.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A) I'm going to give you an envelope with 3 unmarked ciphers in it.
B) In this envelope cipher number 2 is already going to be decoded for you and it is going to say that cipher 1 will give you the location of the vault and that cipher number 3 will give you the residences of the parties involved.
C) Question is, how will you determine with absolute certainty which of the two remaining unmarked ciphers is cipher number 1 and cipher number 3?

You see, you won't be able to determine this unless you already know which of the remaining two ciphers is cipher number 1 and cipher number 3. And yet your unknown author is 100% certain that simply by arranging the two remaining two ciphers according to their length that he has them in correct order. :laughing7:

At some point folks need to be rational in their judgement because what the unknown author has presented them with here is an, "impossible scenario" and a complete fabrication in details. :thumbsup:

LOL! In REALITY, Cipher 2 was ONLY the DOI; DID NOT tell us ANYTHING about about 1 or 3; there IS a "contradiction" in the Beale PAPERS pamphlet, about 1 & 3... they are USELESS, IMHO; just a RUSE... AND! If I WOULD "do 1 & 3"... I think that # 3 (by length) is the LOCATION, and # 1 (by length) are the names of REBELS involved via the "2nd YEAR of the CONFEDERATE WAR theory". 1863...? CW was 1861-1865. RM died in 1863... as did Stonewall Jackson. Wanna see the Beale Treasure...? It's VMI! $$$$$$$$$$$$ from CSA Treasury (VA "portion") was utilized after 2nd & FINAL "deposit" in 1865 to later rebuild VMI after "Black" Dave Hunter (USA) burned it down. HA!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! In REALITY, Cipher 2 was ONLY the DOI; DID NOT tell us ANYTHING about about 1 or 3; there IS a "contradiction" in the Beale PAPERS pamphlet, about 1 & 3... they are USELESS, IMHO; just a RUSE... AND! If I would "do 1 & 3"... I think that # 3 (by length) is the LOCATION, and # 1 (by length) are the names of REBELS involved via the 2nd Year of the CONFEDERATE WAR "theory". 1863...? CW was 1861-1865. RM died in 1863... HA!

Cipher number 2 explains that C1 will tell the location of the vault and that C3 will offer the residences. No possible way that the author could know with any certainty which of the remaining two ciphers was C1 or C3 unless he already knew. And that is an undeniable FACT. :thumbsup: Question is, how did he know? :laughing7:

What is really important in all of this is that it becomes quite obvious that the unknown author has intentionally mislead his readers, so why then, would folks continue to believe anything else in this untrustworthy story? Especially when there is absolutely not one piece of existing evidence in support of the tale. So clearly, when we step back and examine the Beale Pamphlet story in unbiased fashion it really isn't any different then hundreds of other fabulous treasure tales out there. It just appears that way at first glance and so the hook is set. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wife & I gotta go to Smith Mountain Lake in Bedford County... will let OTHERS "chime" in... ENJOY!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BACK! Wife wanted to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, to Peaks of Otter, first. Thence, went Rt. 43 SOUTH to Bedford (town) for "My Cheese Runest Over PIZZA"! Thence, Rt. 122 SOUTH, to SML... NICE day! Will stay in Lake Inn for her BD... AND! SHE gets pampered at West Lake Salon & Spa; I'll be next door at the Franklin County Library at West Lake, doing more R & I on this "mystery"; HENCE, to continue...
Isn't it INTERESTING that with THREE Ciphers of NUMBERS, that # TWO is ALREADY deciphered for ALL readers of the Beale PAPERS pamphlet...? The DOI! A BROADside BLAST at KING ABE, like the PIRATES/PRIVATEERS did before & after the FIRST American Revolution, which Robert MORRIS financed. NOW! For the SECOND American Revolution... once again, a Robert MORRISS/MORRIS is involved (2nd YEAR of the CONFEDERATE WAR). WHY was it named the BEALE/BEALL TREASURE...? In Honor of Capt. John Yates Beale/Beall (CSA), PRIVATEER behind "enemy lines" of the GREAT LAKES... ferrying REB/KGC Spies to & from Canada, trying to free REB POW. HE was caught, imprisoned, and hung as a REB SPY... friend of John W. Boothe. BTW, Capt. JYB was from JEFFERSON County, Va./W.Va. AND! Jefferson County, W.Va. has quite a few markers indicating C.W. battles, YET! I was told that they indicate KGC "clues"!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FURTHER... Thomas Jefferson as Prez, wanted a MILITARY INSTITUTE in the WESTERN portion of OLD Virginia, to protect the FRONTIER against the INDIANS, FRENCH, & BRITS; later to materialize as VMI! YEP! BEALE/BEALL TREASURE to WESTERN portion of Virginia to rebuild VMI; deposits...? 1863 & 1865... even PV "knew!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel KGC, We need some slither of information that confirms Maj. Ferdinand C. Hutter as the author of the Job Print Pamphlet. Saying without any documents to verify is the same as Jean Laf saying he has the "KEY" to the Beale Cyphers without kind of proof whatsoever.

I can give you, TWO... PV has it in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a Mystery: Chapt. 20 - Hidden Talent, pg 157-163. AND! I have to go down to my basement, & get the HUTTER FILE... BBL! BTW, who do YOU think is the author...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BACK! "Google" Beale Treasure Story: Ferdinand C. Hutter, ANONYMOUS Author of Ward's Pamphlet.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What about someone in the Thespian Society Club---------Giles Ward could have been the author and someone from the Thespian Society Club could have layed it in his hand in 1885? All I am saying there is a number of people that could have been the author-----even JBW's wife, Harriett? Till we find proof I can not say who wrote the Job Print Pamphlet. I will search myself for something that is easier to find or at least something that I can find----the author can wait.
John William Sherman was a member of the Thespian Society Club, and wrote plays for them.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What about someone in the Thespian Society Club---------Giles Ward could have been the author and someone from the Thespian Society Club could have layed it in his hand in 1885? All I am saying there is a number of people that could have been the author-----even JBW's wife, Harriett? Till we find proof I can not say who wrote the Job Print Pamphlet. I will search myself for something that is easier to find or at least something that I can find----the author can wait.

Well, Giles Ward DID get James Beverly Risque's LAW LIBRARY via WILL of JBR. His wife got Hunter's Hill Farm/Plantation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread