The Twilight Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I woke up this morning to a fog that was so thick I was instantly reminded of the Steven King novel, The Fog. As I stood in front of the sliding door trying to peer into the rolling woods behind my home I fully expected to see a hoard of zombies slowly emerging from the mist. And then I thought to myself, why not Thomas Beale and his party of weary adventurers?

So here they came, first Captain Beale in his long duster and faded leather brim leading his trusty stud by the reins, this scene naturally being followed by a line of exhausted men and creaky wagons. All of this being played out in slow motion, of course. But the best part of this scene was the music, Twilight Zone, by Golden Earring. And just like that my day had begun, my head and thoughts and sense of reason and reality completely lost within the dense fog of an all-too creative mind. I mean, everyone knows Golden Earring hadn't even been formed yet. Not going to fool anybody with that one. :laughing7:

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I woke up this morning to a fog that was so thick I was instantly reminded of the Steven King novel, The Fog. As I stood in front of the sliding door trying to peer into the rolling woods behind my home I fully expected to see a hoard of zombies slowly emerging from the mist. And then I thought to myself, why not Thomas Beale and his party of weary adventurers?

So here they came, first Captain Beale in his long duster and faded leather brim leading his trusty stud by the reins, this scene naturally being followed by a line of exhausted men and creaky wagons. All of this being played out in slow motion, of course. But the best part of this scene was the music, Twilight Zone, by Golden Earring. And just like that my day had begun, my head and thoughts and sense of reason and reality completely lost within the dense fog of an all-too creative mind. I mean, everyone knows Golden Earring hadn't even been formed yet. Not going to fool anybody with that one. :laughing7:

Maybe your fog was the same type as the one that the guy in the boat sailed through in that old classic movie, The Incredible Shrinking Man. If so, when you find yourself only a couple inches tall, perhaps you could sneak into one of the party's pockets and find out the truth behind those Beale rumors. Background music? How about The X-Files theme?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Maybe your fog was the same type as the one that the guy in the boat sailed through in that old classic movie, The Incredible Shrinking Man. If so, when you find yourself only a couple inches tall, perhaps you could sneak into one of the party's pockets and find out the truth behind those Beale rumors. Background music? How about The X-Files theme?
YEAH! I wanna BELIEVE! Heh...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BEATLES' Rumors...? Well, with John & George gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread