WHY ARE YOU HERE?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every now and then a poster comes along on this forum and other forums. I have the Beale Treasure Mystery solved what do I do?

1. Don't get on forums. Why should you tell everyone else about solving the mystery.
2. Go to Bedford County, Virginia or where ever the decoded message tells you to go.
3. Dig up the treasure. Don't tell anyone the treasure is yours.
HOW MUCH WILL THIS BE WORTH TO YOU. $74,000,000.00

If you do not choose these three options, then all of the rest options are mistakes.

1. Get on the forums tell everyone you have it all figured out.
2. Brag and boast that you have done something that no one else has done or could ever do.
3. Argue with other posters that are trying to figure the mystery out also.
4. Make a fool out of yourself.
HOW MUCH WILL THIS BE WORTH TO YOU-----------$000000000000000000000000.00

CHOOSE WISELY MY SON.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every now and then a poster comes along on this forum and other forums. I have the Beale Treasure Mystery solved what do I do?

1. Don't get on forums. Why should you tell everyone else about solving the mystery.
2. Go to Bedford County, Virginia or where ever the decoded message tells you to go.

If you do not choose these three options, then all of the rest options are mistakes.

2. Brag and boast that you have done something that no one else has done or could ever do.

CHOOSE WISELY MY SON.

We are a treasure forum, nothing wrong with new members doing so...

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are a treasure forum, nothing wrong with new members doing so...

Nothing wrong with forums. I am only asking if they have solved a $74 Million Dollar Mystery why are they telling anyone.

Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me tell you why someone who figured this out SHOULDN'T take your advice. You see it would be selfish, deceitful, and folly to figure this out and dig up the treasure with no heed to the scientific world. Think about this. This is a fine cryptographic piece in which has deluded masters of cryptography and the most skilled of computer engineers (who have attempted to crack it using complicated algorithms processed by software.). There are those in this world who would be greedy and unjust such as you suggest, and would not see the potential scientific benefit of this text. If someone where to crack the code and find such a treasure, it would be foolish to believe that the childish thought of "finders keepers" would uphold in this setting. For two-hundred years many have tried to figure it out and fail. Cuts of the treasure should be donated to museums, to be analysed and put on display for educational purposes. The finished product should be published in so that we may gain a better understanding of the cryptographical processes that Beale had used in order to further our own developments in the field. Whoever used the correct scientific and archaeological channels would be able to flawlessly get the credit they deserve, being revered by students and teachers of the field alike. They would gain more fame then they could ever imagine. The money the treasure would only add on to the book sales and many TV appearances that would follow someone gaining the title of the "Man who beat Beale". So take my word, if you were to figure this out and know the location of the treasure, the best option is to get in contact with the correct government and archaeological officials. This will better your chances at accreditation and to surpass any legal, monetary, or physical obstacles that may arise.

P.S
A question for the author of this thread: I have been watching this board from afar as the social aspects of this board intrigue me. UI have seen you post many times about "Just finding the treasure" instead of accurately discussing the rich history and story behind the Beale Ciphers. Have you once thought about how the land has changed? The possibility of industrial progress covering what was once open land? Some possible buildings over the actual location of the treasure? Without going through the proper channels, this feat would be made very difficult. Please think your words through before posting to a board such as this one. This board is about discussing the history and treasure of the Beale Cipher, this also means to respect those who believe they have developments concerning this topic in order to further discussion on this site.

Thank You!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure.....first you have to determine with great certainty that it really may be out there. as the Beale story goes, Morriss was only being utilized as a contingency plan in case things went badly wrong. Given that he never received the letter one can easily conclude that his services were never required, and if so you can say "goodbye" to any stash that may have been out there. :thumbsup:

Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other

CHOOSE WISELY MY SON.

I made my own Do's and Don'ts for this site. (That any moderators or Admins are highly welcome to use as an official guide)

The Do's and Dont's of Posting

Do have constructive questions, original ideas, and valid information on the topic.
Do have a sense of common sense and logic to know what to, and not to post.
Do have friendly debate without disrespecting someone else's work and disregarding what they say as foolish.
Do remember that if you do not have something good to say about a subject, then do not say it.
Do post helpful information that may give constructive criticism and lead to healthy debate on a subject to better others research.

Don't post things onto boards that have no relevance to the subject at hand.
Don't go onto a board about a subject claiming that the subject is a hoax.
(If you do not believe in a subject, why post on a thread about it? If you believe it is a hoax then made a thread about it so that those who believe are not inconvenienced by your post.)
Don't disrespect someones work by making claims that you yourself cannot accurately back up.
Don't target members ideas for personal reasons or out of spite.
Don't use opinionated books, inaccurate to source information, or sources that have the possibility of being wrong as a source for information.

(I have seen this happen many books, most books on the market today about subjects like these are highly opinionated with the authors personal ideas bestrewn throughout them. These are not an accurate source of information unless the sources cited in the book are completely accurate and not sourced to an inaccurate publication.)
Don't post without thoroughly thinking through what is said, and contemplating the possibility that you have made a mistake or are wrong.
(This will not only allow your ideas to grow, but also allow you to grow as a person.)

And most importantly!
Don't break the rules of the board or encourage people to leave the site!! (It is a free to post site, people can disclose and post any information they want as long as it is within the perimeters of the rules set by the site's owners and staff.)

Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure.....first you have to determine with great certainty that it really may be out there. as the Beale story goes, Morriss was only being utilized as a contingency plan in case things went badly wrong. Given that he never received the letter one can easily conclude that his services were never required, and if so you can say "goodbye" to any stash that may have been out there. :thumbsup:

The treasures existence. A highly debated subject that cannot be proven or disproven until the either the cipher has been complete, or a treasure such as described is truly found and documented accurately. (This does mean that finding a hole in the ground cannot be counted as officially finding the treasure without true proof that it was once there. :icon_thumleft: )

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me tell you why someone who figured this out SHOULDN'T take your advice. You see it would be selfish, deceitful, and folly to figure this out and dig up the treasure with no heed to the scientific world. Think about this. This is a fine cryptographic piece in which has deluded masters of cryptography and the most skilled of computer engineers (who have attempted to crack it using complicated algorithms processed by software.). There are those in this world who would be greedy and unjust such as you suggest, and would not see the potential scientific benefit of this text. If someone where to crack the code and find such a treasure, it would be foolish to believe that the childish thought of "finders keepers" would uphold in this setting. For two-hundred years many have tried to figure it out and fail. Cuts of the treasure should be donated to museums, to be analysed and put on display for educational purposes. The finished product should be published in so that we may gain a better understanding of the cryptographical processes that Beale had used in order to further our own developments in the field. Whoever used the correct scientific and archaeological channels would be able to flawlessly get the credit they deserve, being revered by students and teachers of the field alike. They would gain more fame then they could ever imagine. The money the treasure would only add on to the book sales and many TV appearances that would follow someone gaining the title of the "Man who beat Beale". So take my word, if you were to figure this out and know the location of the treasure, the best option is to get in contact with the correct government and archaeological officials. This will better your chances at accreditation and to surpass any legal, monetary, or physical obstacles that may arise.

P.S
A question for the author of this thread: I have been watching this board from afar as the social aspects of this board intrigue me. UI have seen you post many times about "Just finding the treasure" instead of accurately discussing the rich history and story behind the Beale Ciphers. Have you once thought about how the land has changed? The possibility of industrial progress covering what was once open land? Some possible buildings over the actual location of the treasure? Without going through the proper channels, this feat would be made very difficult. Please think your words through before posting to a board such as this one. This board is about discussing the history and treasure of the Beale Cipher, this also means to respect those who believe they have developments concerning this topic in order to further discussion on this site.

Thank You!

Get in touch with correct government and archaeological officials? Really and just whom may that be? I have contacted our government for the past five years, they have a hearing problem. As for archaeologist they could care less, I have contacted them several times--------NO FUNDS FOR ANY PROJECTS. So don't lay that on me. If I found treasure any treasure the only one I would contact is myself. Whatever rock you crawled out from under you should go back there because times have changed.

Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
Get in touch with correct government and archaeological officials? Really and just whom may that be? I have contacted our government for the past five years, they have a hearing problem. As for archaeologist they could care less, I have contacted them several times--------NO FUNDS FOR ANY PROJECTS. So don't lay that on me. If I found treasure any treasure the only one I would contact is myself. Whatever rock you crawled out from under you should go back there because times have changed.

See the second to last of the Don'ts in my previous post. Funding will not come from bits and pieces of information pulled together with theories. Yes, times have changed. The government is no longer handing out money to projects on the off chance that they will succeed. Government resources are very limited and tight. There has to be a large amount of substantial proof of your theories with all accurate sources to back them up before any official would think to take a risk and appeal to fund your project. Every bit of information would have to be outlined to the tiniest detail with believable conclusions that can be easily made with the information present.

In many cases grants are not given to individuals, but teams, charities, and businesses with multiple people. As far as i can tell from how you describe your work, you are a "one-man-team". Without such proof previously described, then no university, grant dispatcher, or investment firm could ever believe that one man has done what teams of the brightest minds have not.

Quite frankly it is my personal belief you have gone about this completely wrong.

It is also very important and healthy to review your work and be sure that you could not have been wrong in some conclusions/theories.

Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
If I found treasure any treasure the only one I would contact is myself.

Haven't you made claims that suggest you have already found the treasure or it's location? If i remember right you in fact posted it to this forum, a form of contact with everyone on this board. Your post is your opinion and as a man of moral honor i respect it as that. Yet to post this thread and push your personal ideals onto others with the plausible crushing of others ambitions, is quite rude and childish.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whatever rock you crawled out from under you should go back there because times have changed.

Franklin, please do not talk to members like this...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe this is being disrespectful and offensive to another member, is it not? Isn't that against the rules?

"Let me tell you why someone who figured this out SHOULDN'T take your advice. You see it would be selfish, deceitful, and folly to figure this out and dig up the treasure with no heed to the scientific world."

The above quote is respectful?

The scientific world is not underwriting him and reimbursing his grubstake. Nor is there any guarantee he would see any profit ,if sought.
He/some one , may not seek notoriety for any number of reasons. Really.
Besides, being recognized means no more peaceful living , including being a target vs quietly going along on your own discreet way.

I feel no need to explain to science why I have a hundred dollars more than any debt owed when others do not.
They did not study my well being when I did not , nor support my efforts to get to such a point.
Despite the fact that if everyone had a hundred beyond their debt the world would be a better place.
A windfall digested trumps a life in the public eye for some.
Let science sort codes itself if it refuses to underwrite those working on codes independently or even acknowledge their findings prior to a proven recovery.

Archaeological channels?
L.o.l.
The least supportive of the two. Any one not in a certain clique (or funding them) is a pot-hunter, history destroyer or Indiana Jones. No not all in the field feel that way , but the ones that do outnumber them. Found that out in class real quick.
What would an archaeologist need from the Beale Treasure..Context? Culture? Samples of specie?
Let them break code and recover it to satisfactory proof with no support from any one else, that's what they expect of the O.P..

Yet some would still act surprised and condemn some one who would not stand on a public stage and claim the code solved or a recovery made then hand it over to science...

Testable explanations and predictions abound. They do not have to be sourced from the work of some one outside the support , respect and funding of a science that holds it's hand out for the results of another's field of efforts arrived at independently.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is amazing that this debate is even taking place, when for all intents and purposes the 1885 Beale Papers is a work of fiction, or a least an allegory to which Bigscoop alludes. If the Hart's did not revive this pamphlet, and if Pauline Innis didn't write her book. all this discussion would be moot.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing that this debate is even taking place, when for all intents and purposes the 1885 Beale Papers is a work of fiction, or a least an allegory to which Bigscoop alludes. If the Hart's did not revive this pamphlet, and if Pauline Innis didn't write her book. all this discussion would be moot.

As big as treasure hunting has gotten over the years I'm not too sure that the Beale mystery wouldn't have eventually surfaced onto the big stage anyway. In fact, one might easily say that it was the growing interest in treasure related stories that helped the works of the Harts and Innis and PV and many other lesser known treasure stories find places in those growing markets. I can remember when there weren't any treasure hunting forums and when metal detectors were much harder to get your hands on. I also remember when the hobby of metal detecting and treasure hunting was little more then a fascinating mystery itself, as were the people who did it. So who can say?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

With the facts that we have now, there is no more debate about Beale Papers . Normal anti-event folks would have run to the hills not to be seen again to save face and credibility . Anonymity can only last for so long . Usually at the point of the Case Lines it would be done . At the time false information is introduced like the Celeste Beale diary it is done . That is why I move on to other threads after I win the debate . :laughing7:

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the facts that we have now, there is no more debate about Beale Papers . Normal anti-event folks would have run to the hills not to be seen again to save face and credibility . Anonymity can only last for so long . Usually at the point of the Case Lines it would be done . At the time false information is introduced like the Celeste Beale diary it is done . That is why I move on to other threads after I win the debate . :laughing7:

Why do you keep calling ECS and his research false information? Have you see the diary of Celeste Beale no because you can not find it. ECS is not just going to give it to you because you deny there is one. Just like you will not disclose your decoding of the Beale Treasure Codes. When we say your work is false up jumps everyone protecting you. I think they should protect ECS and his research as truth until you can prove otherwise.

I am going this morning to look at some letters of Robert Morris of Lynchburg, Va. I guess that is false information also.

As for CrypticLibrarian, You do your work your way and I will do my work my way. I have tried your way for the past 31 years, I believe I will do it my way now.

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do you keep calling ECS and his research false information? Have you see the diary of Celeste Beale no because you can not find it. ECS is not just going to give it to you because you deny there is one. Just like you will not disclose your decoding of the Beale Treasure Codes. When we say your work is false up jumps everyone protecting you. I think they should protect ECS and his research as truth until you can prove otherwise.

I am going this morning to look at some letters of Robert Morris of Lynchburg, Va. I guess that is false information also.

As for CrypticLibrarian, You do your work your way and I will do my work my way. I have tried your way for the past 31 years, I believe I will do it my way now.

I have given information that I can at this time . I now for a fact that the Beale Papers are real . I have shown that there is in fact a Captain Thomas Beale with proof and have found the proof that people talk about but are not willing to put forth about the topic . In a debate you have to show proof of your case this has not been done at all by them that say the Beale Papers are not real . They just keep talking without backing up there facts .

One item stands out the most, the death of a Thomas Beale in New Orleans newspaper story . There were 6 Thomas Beale's in the New Orleans area at the time, to say that was Captain Thomas Beale is what a fictional author would do, not someone wanting the truth . Finding the facts for there argument out for myself and to find them lacking is Hilarius .

You will never see my work on the Beale Ciphers there not up for debate and will not be . ECS has stated that the Diary is in fact not real case closed

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have given information that I can at this time . I now for a fact that the Beale Papers are real . I have shown that there is in fact a Captain Thomas Beale with proof and have found the proof that people talk about but are not willing to put forth about the topic . In a debate you have to show proof of your case this has not been done at all by them that say the Beale Papers are not real . They just keep talking without backing up there facts .

One item stands out the most, the death of a Thomas Beale in New Orleans newspaper story . There were 6 Thomas Beale's in the New Orleans area at the time, to say that was Captain Thomas Beale is what a fictional author would do, not someone wanting the truth . Finding the facts for there argument out for myself and to find them lacking is Hilarius .

You will never see my work on the Beale Ciphers there not up for debate and will not be . ECS has stated that the Diary is in fact not real case closed

By you continuing to say they are real only degrades ECS's integrity more and not your own . Seems you have thrown ECS under the bus on this topic .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread