Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is possible that several members of the extended Risqué family bloodline knew Thomas Jefferson.
William Clark knew Jefferson, and who did Clark marry- Julia Hancock, for whom a duel was fought by Risqué and Beale.
When Lewis & Clark set forth from Fincastle on their expedition, they encountered "friendly Indians" during their western travels.
Another source for the Beale adventure narrative in Ward's 1885 Beale Papers.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert Morriss of the Beale story was a half nephew of the Robert Morris from Philadelphia (financier). I think the probability of Robert Morriss (Beal story) having known Jefferson is pretty good.

Actually Robert Morriss that signed the DOI was his grandfather.

O

Old Silver

Actually Robert Morriss that signed the DOI was his grandfather.

I found an old newspaper article that says Robert Morriss (signer of DOI) was an uncle to Robert Morris of the Beale story. I think I posted it here somewhere.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There was Robert Morris that was mayor of Lynchburg, and there was "Robert Morriss" the main character of the Beale Papers job pamphlet of 1885.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
$2,000 a year? That must have been some inn. Probably had a hot tub in every room.
"Mirrors on the ceiling, pink champagne on ice
We are all just prisoners of our own device
In the master's chamber, they gather for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives, but just can't kill the beast"
- THE EAGLES

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this thread let's explore what is still possible and not what is no longer possible. What I posted earlier might have actually played a hand in some of this Beale narration.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was Robert Morris that was mayor of Lynchburg, and there was "Robert Morriss" the main character of the Beale Papers job pamphlet of 1885.

Same man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread