Curious Question - Military Related

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know the answer to this but perhaps one or more of you do;

Prior to the division of the states that lead to the civil war, if I held military commission with the United States would have to resign my commission prior to enlisting with the south in order to avoid potential charges of treason? :dontknow: I mean, how did that work once things became divided?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Most, like Robert E Lee resigned their commissions, others, as with West Point cadets, were dismissed.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Others just went to the saloon... and avoided it entirely... :P

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Most, like Robert E Lee resigned their commissions, others, as with West Point cadets, were dismissed.
THAT is CORRECT; Capt. Robert E. Lee, US Army; RESIGNED his US "COMMISSION"... becoming Gen. Robert E. Lee, CSA. Lee was CAPTAIN of the US Army in the Mexican War. NO saloon... :laughing7:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
From the SOUTH to SOUTH-WEST, ALL "State-Righters" did their own thing... against "King ABE". THAT is why the DOI was utilized in the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet; SARCASTIC Broad-side against "King Abe", etc. Even the English & French understood, since they BOTH were defeated by the US, in earlier years... STUDY War HISTORY! BOTH of 'em were PRO-CSA!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but they showed their chicken blood when it came down to laying it on the line as over 600,000 soldiers did.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
True; they "loaned" $$$$$$$$$$$$$, tho. We even had GOLD Mexican Coins from the MEXICAN WAR! Jewelry came from SOUTHERN ladies, donated to "The Cause"...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! All GOLD/SILVER Coins were melted down into BARS, w/o the "CSA" stamped on the BARS. SO... The Jewelry...? Links were melted down, & MANY Gems, Diamonds... LGA! "Ain't we RICH!" (HART PAPERS).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread