Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 136
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: Bonafide Proof

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7
    2,161
    3225 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Remember that post I made about the 1815 Jackson banquet which James Beverly Risqué co-sponsored, and Pascal Buford was also in attendance?
    Want to take a guess at who conducted the prayer invocation?
    Was that Rev Charles Green Clay, the Clay mentioned as a frequent guest entertained at Morriss's in Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?
    I'll give you clue: It was not Henry Clay.
    Yes, I have a copy. Also you can get a copy of all the Revolutionary and War of 1812 soldiers of Bedford and Campbell County, Virginia. Great read on James Beverly Risqué. I also like the 1828 parades by the Masons which JBR was always there, The Grand Master ended up living in Robert Morris house and died there. Later his son lived there. Read those and you can see that the Mason's Ball was always held by Robert Morris establishment either at the Bell Tavern or the Franklin in this instance. I love reading all of that old information I can find because I know they are factual.
    ECS, Rebel - KGC, AARC and 1 others like this.

  2. #32

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Remember that post I made about the 1815 Jackson banquet which James Beverly Risqué co-sponsored, and Pascal Buford was also in attendance?
    Want to take a guess at who conducted the prayer invocation?
    Was that Rev Charles Green Clay, the Clay mentioned as a frequent guest entertained at Morriss's in Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?
    I'll give you clue: It was not Henry Clay.
    1815 parade & banquet in Lynchburg, Va. to honor Gen. Jackson; a bit of info, you MAY not know... Gen. Jackson & Thomas Jefferson had a dinner/meeting at Poplar Forest. Gen. Jackson was traveling to DC to see the PREZ (Madison) about a PARDON for the Lafitte Bros, who WERE Double Agents, for America AND Spain. The Brits also tried to interest the Lafitte Bros. to "join them" (BRITS). The Pirates decided to join Gen. Andy in the battle of New Orleans... hence, the "pay-back" time... PV, in his book, "on February 16th, 1815, President James Madison issued a public proclamation of pardon for ALL the Baratarians, including the Lafittes", pg. 109-110. PV has a CHAPTER in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY, Chap. 12, "Lafitte & Jackson", pp 107-111. BTW, hard back copy of the book is available at the Gift Shop - Peaks of Otter, for $ 25.00; October would be a GREAT time to visit/stay over-night, as the FALL Colors are "PEAKING" in mid-October.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Sep 21, 2016 at 06:37 AM.

  3. #33

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    FURTHER... PV ALSO has Chapter 23, The Pirate or THE Slave, pg 174-180. MORE, later...
    franklin and 45th_Johnny like this.

  4. #34
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,031
    7655 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    1815 parade & banquet in Lynchburg, Va. to honor Gen. Jackson; a bit of info, you MAY not know... Gen. Jackson & Thomas Jefferson had a dinner/meeting at Poplar Forest. Gen. Jackson was traveling to DC to see the PREZ (Madison) about a PARDON for the Lafitte Bros, who WERE Double Agents, for America AND Spain. The Brits also tried to interest the Lafitte Bros. to "join them" (BRITS). The Pirates decided to join Gen. Andy in the battle of New Orleans... hence, the "pay-back" time... PV, in his book, " on February 16th, 1815, President James Madison issued a public proclamation of pardon for ALL the Baratarians, including the Lafittes", pg. 109-110. PV has a CHAPTER in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY, Chap. 12, "Lafitte & Jackson", pp 107-111. BTW, hard back copy of the book is available at the Gift Shop - Peaks of Otter, for $ 25.00; October would be a GREAT time to visit/stay over-night, as the FALL Colors are "PEAKING" in mid-October.
    Just remember, these pardons were already being negotiated before the battle and that the actual discretionary and conditional issuing of those pardons was passed onto someone else and even after the issuing of these pardons those pardons still contained conditions that had to be upheld in order for them to remain in force. The WERE NOT "unconditional pardons." PV should have spent more time investigating the actual circumstances of those pardons.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  5. #35

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Just remember, these pardons were already being negotiated before the battle and that the actual discretionary and conditional issuing of those pardons was passed onto someone else and even after the issuing of these pardons those pardons still contained conditions that had to be upheld in order for them to remain in force. The WERE NOT "unconditional pardons." PV should have spent more time investigating the actual circumstances of those pardons.
    "Monday Morning Quarter-backing"; "SHOULDA", "COULDA", "WOULDA" don't count. It is what it is...
    ECS, franklin and 45th_Johnny like this.

  6. #36
    ECS
    ECS is online now
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    7,123
    7653 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    ... PV should have spent more time investigating the actual circumstances of those pardons.
    Maybe PV did and discarded that information as having nothing to do with the Beale story.

  7. #37
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,031
    7655 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Maybe PV did and discarded that information as having nothing to do with the Beale story.
    ....if that had been his attitude and intention he would discarded most of what he put into print. PV's books were pretty much a beginner's guide to the mystery, exposing his readers to the possibilities as he knew them and presented them back then. But today there's a lot more information out there.....
    Last edited by bigscoop; Sep 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  8. #38

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    ....if that had been his attitude and intention he would discarded most of what he put into print. PV's books were pretty much a beginner's guide to the mystery, exposing his readers to the possibilities as he knew them and presented them back then. But today there's a lot more information out there.....
    HA! YOU writing a book, then...?
    franklin and 45th_Johnny like this.

  9. #39
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,031
    7655 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    HA! YOU writing a book, then...?
    No. a quick review of existing youtube sources, dedicated websites, recent books sales, that sort of thing pretty much concludes that this mystery is confined to a very-very small audience that would hardly make it worth all the effort and time. Even the major networks who have tried to stimulate viewer interest have failed. So, no noticeable money to be made in any of this, just for personal interest.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  10. #40
    ECS
    ECS is online now
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    7,123
    7653 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    There is always JOSH GATES!

  11. #41

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    There is always JOSH GATES!
    YEP! He's CIA & has funding to DO IT!
    franklin, ECS and 45th_Johnny like this.

  12. #42
    ECS
    ECS is online now
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    7,123
    7653 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    We need facts of the Beale Papers actually happening? Does anyone have anything that is bonafide that actually substantiates that the Beale Party left Virginia in 1817? Is there any information or facts that they were seen or documented as being on the trail from St. Louis, MO. to Sante Fe, NM? Are there any proof of them being in Sante Fe, NM or returning to their homes in Virginia? Folks it is time to prove this story before we continue to hunt for a GHOST TREASURE. GHOST are hard to see and even harder to find if not impossible. So here it is what bonafide proof do you have let us have it?
    After 130+ years no one has produced any remotely proof that can be considered bonafide.
    The same can be said of all the "solved" ciphers that have been presented over the years.
    Rebel - KGC and 45th_Johnny like this.

  13. #43

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    Again... proof of the 1st part of the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet (aka "The Job Print"), ie. Beale Expedition of 1817-1821/22 DOESN'T EXIST. Just a DECOY!
    ECS, 45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

  14. #44

    Jun 2007
    17,857
    8837 times
    Franklin Hotel was REAL; 1816 by Samuel & Sarah Harrison. Mayor Robert MORRIS was REAL (1813); can't find ANYTHING about him being married... YET! Nice things indicated about Sarah MORRISS, was ALSO indicated (FOR REAL...) about Sarah HARRISON.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Nov 29, 2016 at 08:14 AM.
    ECS, 45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

  15. #45
    us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7
    2,161
    3225 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Franklin Hotel was REAL; 1816 by Samuel & Sarah Harrison. Mayor Robert MORRIS was REAL (1813); can't find ANYTHING about him being married... YET! Nice things indicated about Sarah MORRISS, was ALSO indicated (FOR REAL...) about Sarah HARRISON.
    Robert Morris and Sarah Mitchell were married in Loudoun County, Virginia about the same time Sarah's brother married Robert's sister. Loudoun County records were partially destroyed during the Civil War but some remains. There should be records at the Ketochin Baptist Church spelling may be wrong but it was in the same township that James Dunnington, Morris' partner was from. They later had a business in Baltimore and in Lynchburg together. I have their receipts up to 1809 still looking for the others from 1809 to 1825.
    Rebel - KGC and 45th_Johnny like this.

 

 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Big score. You want proof? I have proof.
    By red89 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 19, 2013, 06:40 PM
  2. proof nickel or not proof
    By Thorne in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2012, 05:05 PM
  3. BONAFIDE
    By BrownBear in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 24, 2012, 04:21 PM
  4. How to tell if you got a proof?
    By sheepdog_tx in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 07, 2012, 01:57 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2010, 08:13 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0