One More Bigscoop Tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kip Wagner, Mel Fisher, do you think they knew the source of the coins they were finding when they started finding them? No, they didn't. They had no idea what they had discovered until they finally chose the correct avenue in their research, this eventually leading them to a man in the Spanish archives and that now famous B. Roman's map. Up until then their research was constantly pursuing different course, their conclusions constantly changing face. This is reality. Most discoveries of this nature were the product of this same type of course.

But in all of these discoveries there exist one common, at some point it was discovered that these lost treasures, “did in fact exist.” And how did they know this? Because they kept pursuing all course of research until they discovered these truths, this research generally taking years and generally relying on the previous works,documents and records of others.

Today, in regards to the Beale mystery, I only see a handful of researchers breaking new ground and entertaining alternate possibilities, most of these once hopefuls now either too set in their unfounded conclusions or completely worn out from the prior mental pursuits that still leave their cup empty. And I say “unfounded conclusions” because that's what they are, the obvious holes in their theories allowed to exist because new avenue means the changing of course, yet again, and often a change of course that is in a different direction then what they desire to maintain. It is a proposition of tossing out one love child to begin the long raising of another. Yet, as it were, the old course and conclusions can't answer all the required questions and the required connections are left to the wind.

I have often been criticized for changing course and direction and opinion, thank god! At least I know I'm doing what is required and pursuing my research right.

"If there is an alternate truth out there I will find it, even if I have to change course and opinion yet again, and again." I'm apparently in that rare group that sees or feels no shame in it. :icon_thumright:

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Perseverance: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success."

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think at some point in this mystery we all fall victim to that sense of hopelessness, the fruits of out efforts never quite ripening and our inspiration and prospects becoming stagnate. This is when I take time away, come back with clear head, fresh ideas, and new avenues to pursue. Each time I do this I come back to learn something else of significance. I can't image pursuing anything of this nature without allowing myself the flexibility to change course.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

"If there is an alternate truth out there I will find it, even if I have to change course and opinion yet again, and again." I'm apparently in that rare group that sees or feels no shame in it. :icon_thumright:
Yes, we can all give you credit for several presented and several discarded alternative theories for the 1885 Beale Papers dime novel.
In the words of Beale researcher, Brad Andrews:
"My second reason for doubting these other theories is simply because of the way the supporting information has been compiled...first a pet theory is formed. then the evidence will be arranged and likewise presented so that it supports that pet theory".

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, we can all give you credit for several presented and several discarded alternative theories for the 1885 Beale Papers dime novel.
In the words of Beale researcher, Brad Andrews:
"My second reason for doubting these other theories is simply because of the way the supporting information has been compiled...first a pet theory is formed. then the evidence will be arranged and likewise presented so that it supports that pet theory".

And I still stand by that. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That you arrange information to support a pet theory?

You do realize that by presenting this quote time and time again and obviously being in full support of that quote that you're also applying it to yourself as well. Yes? :laughing7:

You see, the problem with your fiction theory, as you present it, is this.....if accepted, then anyone everywhere is intimately involved in the private affairs of family and acquaintances regardless how distant or how speculatory. This is the entire premise of your proposal as you have yet made a single direct connection to the narration other then Ward, but his involvement already being detailed in the narration anyway. This is why, in the past, I have always maintained that you would be far better off just sticking with "it's fiction" and leaving the rest out, because you haven't got a single piece of evidence that you can directly connect anything to, and in some cases you even have less. Thus, the pot continuing to call all of the kettles a round. :laughing7:
YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOUR CONSTANT PROTEST ARE SO CRITICAL OF OTHERS!!!! :laughing7:

But this is who you are, and I accept that, and I love ya, man! :laughing7:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever heard that good writer writes what he knows-his experiences, family, locations, and so on for inspiration in creating a story?
Where is Adams-Onis, New Orleans, Lafitte, Galveston, and all your other "connexions" in the Beale Papers?
Seems, you are writing you own fictional version of the Beale story! :icon_thumright:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You do realize that by presenting this quote time and time again and obviously being in full support of that quote that you're also applying it to yourself as well. Yes? :laughing7:

You see, the problem with your fiction theory, as you present it, is this.....if accepted, then anyone everywhere is intimately involved in the private affairs of family and acquaintances regardless how distant or how speculatory. This is the entire premise of your proposal as you have yet made a single direct connection to the narration other then Ward, but his involvement already being detailed in the narration anyway...
Bigscoop, that is a blatant misrepresentation of what I have presented.
You are quite aware that I have detailed the "INFLUENCES" of events from that extended family that can be found in the Beale Papers as well as other sources as journals, books and newspaper articles, and listed those behind the production and marketing of that job pamphlet.
...and, yes, all these influences are connected to Virginia, including John Pickrell Risqué, Ward's great uncle, who was killed by Indians while inspecting gold and silver mines in Arizona.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kip Wagner, Mel Fisher, do you think they knew the source of the coins they were finding when they started finding them? No, they didn't. They had no idea what they had discovered until they finally chose the correct avenue in their research, this eventually leading them to a man in the Spanish archives and that now famous B. Roman's map. Up until then their research was constantly pursuing different course, their conclusions constantly changing face. This is reality. Most discoveries of this nature were the product of this same type of course.

But in all of these discoveries there exist one common, at some point it was discovered that these lost treasures, “did in fact exist.” And how did they know this? Because they kept pursuing all course of research until they discovered these truths, this research generally taking years and generally relying on the previous works,documents and records of others.

Today, in regards to the Beale mystery, I only see a handful of researchers breaking new ground and entertaining alternate possibilities, most of these once hopefuls now either too set in their unfounded conclusions or completely worn out from the prior mental pursuits that still leave their cup empty. And I say “unfounded conclusions” because that's what they are, the obvious holes in their theories allowed to exist because new avenue means the changing of course, yet again, and often a change of course that is in a different direction then what they desire to maintain. It is a proposition of tossing out one love child to begin the long raising of another. Yet, as it were, the old course and conclusions can't answer all the required questions and the required connections are left to the wind.

I have often been criticized for changing course and direction and opinion, thank god! At least I know I'm doing what is required and pursuing my research right.

They could have read about the ship wrecks of the platte fleet in the writings of Governor Spotswood of Virginia. Did you know Daniel Boone and Mingo went to Florida to look for the treasure down towards St. Augustine. But they turned west towards Pensacola and then returned home to Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread