Rant!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you something that's becoming more and more frustrating with the passing of each day, this being the increasing difficulties encountered when trying to access information on the internet that was once free and much easier to get at. Many of the old sources are disappearing from their original locations only to be housed now in pay sites or special access sites. Also, many of the "public" sources are dishing their resources off to third parties in an effort to cut cost, these other third parties gobbling those resources up and then charging access on order to post profits and to cover their cost, so "free public access" is starting to become more and more scarce all the time. Our library here, once providing "a lot" of in house resources and materials, is now but a shell of what it use to be, it's resources minimal at best, and generally speaking, pretty much useless. I can see the day coming when free public access to public records no longer exist at all. :BangHead:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you something that's becoming more and more frustrating with the passing of each day, this being the increasing difficulties encountered when trying to access information on the internet that was once free and much easier to get at. Many of the old sources are disappearing from their original locations only to be housed now in pay sites or special access sites. Also, many of the "public" sources are dishing their resources off to third parties in an effort to cut cost, these other third parties gobbling those resources up and then charging access on order to post profits and to cover their cost, so "free public access" is starting to become more and more scarce all the time. Our library here, once providing "a lot" of in house resources and materials, is now but a shell of what it use to be, it's resources minimal at best, and generally speaking, pretty much useless. I can see the day coming when free public access to public records no longer exist at all. :BangHead:

I noticed that years ago and you are right. The US Government sold off all of the census records to the genealogy sites. You have to pay fees to be a member. The good newspapers were sold off and you have to pay to access them most charge $1.95 a page copy. All historical books and documents should be placed on E-Books even Court House Records have been sold to genealogy groups. They have placed them in $39.95 or more expensive books. bigscoop you are so right. I see our country doomed especially after the next President takes office. We are barely existing on life support now. The good ole days are gone. Now we are to encounter what other nations have put up with for centuries. It is coming to America.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See , we all agree on one thing!

I know you've run into the same thing, and it sucks! I was trying to access another document today that I've accessed several times in the past, not even there anymore, a nice little link redirecting me to yet another site that I couldn't even create an account for. I guess I'm not "special" enough, I suppose. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Many times recently.
Makes one wish they had access to Grandfather Risque's fabulous library. :laughing7:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is all a conspiracy to keep the truth of the Beale Papers a secret...but the truth is out there wrapped in a mystery and a never ending enigma.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread