Who was Thomas Beale

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Ive been trying to read through all your alls threads and this is some interesting stuff. Im a newbie with the Beale legend and I was wondering if anyone could give me a few facts. For example, who was Thomas Beale and when was he born? Is there debate about more then one Thomas Beale being THEE Thomas Beale? Is there copies of the codes that a person can download? Very interesting stuff. Enjoy reading your alls information and ill continue to. Thanks!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question EC Mason, you would have to go back and read every post on this forum and other forums as well. There is no definite answer to any questions that is why the quest continues. But no a or THE Thomas Beale has not been found. I personally have researched over twenty of them and none fits the Beale if you know what I mean? Copies of the codes can be found by googling "Job Print Pamphlet" there are several blogs and web pages that list the codes.

Angelfire has a good one.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There was the Thomas Beale who shot James Beverly Ward's grandfather in a duel, then there is the Thomas J Beale of Ward's published Beale Papers, and then there's the Thomas Jefferson Beale of the Hart Papers referenced by Pauline Innis and Claudine Fulton Ellis.
As for "THEE Thomas Beale"...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There was the Thomas Beale who shot James Beverly Ward's grandfather in a duel, then there is the Thomas J Beale of Ward's published Beale Papers, and then there's the Thomas Jefferson Beale of the Hart Papers referenced by Pauline Innis and Claudine Fulton Ellis.
As for "THEE Thomas Beale"...
THEN! There was Thomas Beale, Jr.!

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Ive been trying to read through all your alls threads and this is some interesting stuff. Im a newbie with the Beale legend and I was wondering if anyone could give me a few facts. For example, who was Thomas Beale and when was he born? Is there debate about more then one Thomas Beale being THEE Thomas Beale? Is there copies of the codes that a person can download? Very interesting stuff. Enjoy reading your alls information and ill continue to. Thanks!

There is about thirty Thomas Beale's counting Beal's of course. According to some Beal was the actual last name?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you want to conclude that you're only original source material got it all wrong, even one from that original source who even allegedly had close relationship with the man, then I guess you're free to manufacture whatever original source materials you desire. But it's pretty hard to imagine that Morriss got it wrong....:laughing7:....I mean he did allegedly know the man pretty well, probably even had his name in his register, etc. How do you get around, explain away, all of this, then?

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my research of the Thomas Beall of my area, since there were many of that namesake during the time period in question, I have found his name spelled Beall, Beale and Beal. That can pretty well be said of most names since the literacy rate of that time is pretty well the literacy rate of the "texters" of today.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is absolutely nothing to connect any of these other Thomas Beal/Beall/etc., to the Thomas J. Beale in the original source material other then simple personal desires and motives to do so. There are several people with my first and last name, some of them even at, or near, the same age. Some of these even fit the general likeness and even pursue the same type of similar activities. This same thing can be said of many-many names. There just exist no provenance to make such blind assumptions in regards to these other Beall/Beal/Beale/ ect.

And as for Captain, or any other military status, one has to remember that according to the original source material this title of Captain was not an official title, but rather it was a simple title granted to a civilian by civilian selection. Folks only assume that there was a military connection because some of their typical suspects had a military record yet the original source material never concludes that it's TJB was ever in the military or that it was an offical military operation. Again, just more blind assumption and personal desire and motive. Sad but true.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In my research of the Thomas Beall of my area, since there were many of that namesake during the time period in question, I have found his name spelled Beall, Beale and Beal...
You have found many different Thomas Beale/Beall/Beal/'s, due the fact that it was a relatively common name of that period, but none, you will realize fit the description and/or the perilous adventures of the swarthy Thomas J Beale of the 1885 Beale Papers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread