Hunting "Beale" Treasure aound Monvale, Va. & BRP...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Both the basket and the cross bar are white everything else is either green or black. The Sun had just started shining through the trees.

Another strange thing happened at Goose Creek Valley overlook--------not the Upper Goose Creek overlook but the first one you would come to going North.

We were to meet with Channel 7 News and Keith Humphrey the news anchor. The arrangement was for 10 o'clock in the morning. The Sun had come up and it was getting pretty warm when the Channel 7 News Van pulled up behind my car. The news people were about twenty minutes late. They said they had been waiting at another overlook further down the road.

We waited until they set up the cameras. Keith Humphrey and some of his people were chatting with us off to the edge of the overlook looking down on Goose Creek. When the cameraman was ready we went over and spread our maps and papers out on the trunk of my car.

This is really unexplainable by me or anyone else. But let me first give you what the area looked like. The Sun was almost directly over head and shining bright. There was only one little puff of a white cloud off to the South. When Indian Joe went over to the trunk of my car to explain the papers and maps for Keith while on camera, a humongous gust of wind came up out of the South like a whirlwind and scattered the maps and papers all over the overlook. Some blew down the mountain side and Keith Humphrey and his people helped us gather all the papers back up. We then continued with the show. No more wind was to blow. There was never any air stirring before the filming and there was never any air stirring at all after the filming only that one huge blast of a whirlwind. Indian Joe said the Spirits did not want us to reveal any of our information.

I do not know exactly what happened. I only know it was a rare occurrence.
It IS rare... YET! I have seen it & read/heard of it before; APPARENTLY, y'all were "getting too close, to home" & and the mountain spirits were NOT amused... hence, the SUDDEN wind (to cause "confusion"). Indian Joe was correct...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Reckon he saw a man in antiquated clothing carrying a keg up the Peaks of Otter where they joined others similarly dressed playing a game of 9 pins, and after joining in their merriment, did a Rip Van Winkle?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread