Let's see your Beale project digs

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am kind of curious to see what some the actual digs concerning the Beale treasure actually involve. I will start by posting a few pictures of our digs. These are in the same location, just on opposite side of the target area.
DSC05893.JPG DSC05922.JPG DSC05928.JPG DSC05816.JPG DSC05818.JPG

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks like an old deserted coal mine and not "an excavation or vault, six feet below the surface of the ground..." dug by hand in 1820 with shovels and picks, "roughly lined by stone, and the vessels rest on solid stone, and are covered by others".
Is this the site that was determined after reading Emma Jean Rose's book, "MYSTERY BENEATH THE BANEBERRY BUSH"?

OP
OP
Bumbalawski

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a limestone outcropping. I was quarried a little bit in the late 1800's. Emma Jean Rose's location is on another property. That property only yielded one home site and not in their target area. Two digs on that property yielded nothing. And no caves on that property. My goal was a cave since she felt that was a distinct possibilty. One idea that it was placed in the floor of a cave. The floors in these caves are loose material which would be relatively easy to dig. Artifacts of the era were found here. At least it is a start.

I am working with what she has given me. I am not a cryptologist. Whatever method she is using was validated (statistically) by Eliyahu Ripps. I do know his works since I once studied his methodology on unrelated non-treasure endeavors. I was called to this project in since I know the area, both historically and geologically. I have been working on it for five years. Many on here clearly have devoted their life works to the Beale puzzle. I would like to see the Beale codes conclusively solved and treasure discovered by anyone before I die. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is a picture of my current dig. :)

mine-hole.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Emma Jean Rose's location is on another property...

I am working with what she has given me. I am not a cryptologist. Whatever method she is using was validated (statistically) by Eliyahu Ripps. I do know his works since I once studied his methodology on unrelated non-treasure endeavors...
Eliyahu Rips is known for creating the "Bible codes" found in the Hebrew Torah, which he claims predicts the future.
Kabbalah, Torah, and Torah Codes -- People
Brendan McKay PhD, mathematics , applied Rips "Bible code" to a Hebrew version of MOBY DICK and produced the same predictions as Rips found in the Torah, and a few more.
Which brings us to your mention of Emma Jean Rose's work with the Beale ciphers being "validated (statistically)" by Rips, questionable, considering Rips codes are based in Hebrew.
Did Rose have a Hebrew version of Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea why all those guys in trucks are all around me...

Think they are trying to beat me to the treasure. :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a screwdriver primarily...

As to gouge the crap out of anything I find... then I can retrieve gently with the spoon.

:)

OP
OP
Bumbalawski

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS writes: Eliyahu Rips is known for creating the "Bible codes" found in the Hebrew Torah, which he claims predicts the future.
Kabbalah, Torah, and Torah Codes -- People
Brendan McKay PhD, mathematics , applied Rips "Bible code" to a Hebrew version of MOBY DICK and produced the same predictions as Rips found in the Torah, and a few more.
Which brings us to your mention of Emma Jean Rose's work with the Beale ciphers being "validated (statistically)" by Rips, questionable, considering Rips codes are based in Hebrew.
Did Rose have a Hebrew version of Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?

Mr. Eliyahu Rips PhD, was there for only statistical validation, basically the "odds". As it was stated in another thread about a "secret cipher within the cipher", there did appear in her works, what she refers to as a "matrix." Basically a map. Ripps studied the works for two days. He stated the odds of that matrix being random was like hitting the Powerball 10 times in a row. And no Hebrew was involved. Mr. Rips speaks good and reads English. Did Brendan McKay PhD also use the Hebrew version of Moby Dick? :icon_scratch:

As for Brendan McKay PhD, I have heard this before. But what appears in Moby Dick and other alleged books are just random patterns.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Did Brendan McKay PhD also use the Hebrew version of Moby Dick? :icon_scratch:

As for Brendan McKay PhD, I have heard this before. But what appears in Moby Dick and other alleged books are just random patterns.
Yes he used a copy of MOBY DICK that was a Hebrew edition.
The point McKay made, and is very similar to Bigscoop's discussions, it that these "random patterns" can be manipulated by whatever is used as a "key" to create a message based upon the decoders expectations.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr. Eliyahu Rips PhD, was there for only statistical validation, basically the "odds". As it was stated in another thread about a "secret cipher within the cipher", there did appear in her works, what she refers to as a "matrix." Basically a map. Ripps studied the works for two days. He stated the odds of that matrix being random was like hitting the Powerball 10 times in a row...
...and that confirms what?
That the odds reveal that possibly the C1& C3 "MAY" contain a message.
You state that Rips "was there" when he made this determination- where was there AND, where you there to hear his remarks?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bumbalawski

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say one thing for sure. She got many things historical correct. She did not "sidetrack" into discussion of Ward's third cousin twice removed and Beale appearing throughout the 19th century. As for the key and expectations, her expectation was Virginia, just like the other 99% of those who have yet to find anything or turn a shovel of dirt. What she found was Pennsylvania. For 20 years, she did not even know where Beans Cove was located, since it is usually found on topo maps (Beans Cove Quadrangle) and not a town. The point of my post was to actually see if anyone has even picked up a shovel. It is apparent that the answer is no. How many more years will the Beale treasure search in Virginia be beat into the ground? Legrand says he is ready to dig. At least he a chosen location. How about the rest of you folks?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been hundreds of digs in the Montvale, Virginia areas so much so that landowners would find their fences torn down the next morning and their cattle scattered to the four winds. You do know that Mel Fisher dug at Grahams Mill on US 460? There was the Tony Brothers on Unsolved Mysteries. A Doctor from California that dug on Porter's Mountain. Mrs. Potter that dug on Porter's Mountain. Pauline Innis dug on the mountain pass towrds Buchannon, Virginia on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The man from Florida living out of a station wagon with his family that dug near the Walnut Grove Church. I dug near the Walnut Grove Church for the Discovery Channel, "Author C. Clark's Mysterious Universe. I dug for Turner Network, "Million Dollar Mysteries." Other digs I have done at least three without landowner permission. There are hundreds of others that have dug with permission and thousands without permission. The Hart Brothers dug up Goose Creek and even used dynamite to blow and oak tree out of the ground. You should see some of the digs I have done for the Confederate Treasury. Some yards may fall in some time in the future as we dug tunnels. But yes a lot of people have dug and a lot more will dig if we do not figure out whether there is actually a treasure to find. I hate this slow website, I type two or there words before I ever see them. Good Luck in PA.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You state that Rips "was there" when he made this determination- where was there AND, where you there to hear his remarks?
Were you present when Rips made this statement concerning the Beale ciphers ?

OP
OP
Bumbalawski

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The following is an excerpt from an e-mail sent to me by Emma Jean Rose. "This is matrix style coding. It is also used in Bible Codes. The first pattern of all "E's" are as they appearance on the cipher page in pattern. The four red "E's" are "E"S" not associated with any word, they just appear there. The second diagram is the words formed in association with the first diagram. It gives meaning to the diagram. Basically it says "deep pit at ledge". Then using the letter "E" formations, a map is formed with the four red "E"S" being the location of the trove. This pattern was confirmed by world reknown mathematician Elihu Ripps. He studied the cipher for two days and confirmed it. That chances of this pattern being ramdom in the cipher is the same as hitting the Powerball lottery 10 weeks in a row"

I ask you ECS, were you present when Beale wrote the ciphers?

OP
OP
Bumbalawski

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Franklin. The tree uprooting story sort of reminds me of an adventure by fellow cavers in Virginia. They had 24 hours to open, survey and reseal a cave. It was under a large tree stump. They removed the stump with (legal then) dynamite. The stump wound up in the roof of the owner's new machine shed.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread