The 1826 Flood Of St Louis Destruction of the Unintelligible Writing Key

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet we have proof that there was a flood that did not kill Beale or his men, but washed a letter away. This originated with NSA Beale site. I trust the annalist have done there research well. I can ask them if you wish?

I lost that link to the document, can you post it.

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'd better ask them for their provenance that establishes it to be a conclusive fact that the flood washed that alleged letter away. Bet you never get it. In fact, I'm 100% sure you won't. :laughing7: You see, the only way you could you get it is if they had provenance that the said letter ever existed at all, which they simply ain't got. I'm sure they'll be happy to explain the difference between hypothesis/theory VS fact to you as well, should you dare to ask them. :thumbsup: I'm 100% sure "they're" not trying to sell that opinion as fact, as you are trying so desperately to do. "100% certain!" Heck, you never know, if you ask for it they might even contact me to see if I have it? :laughing7:

Was there a flood in 1826? YES FACT
Do floods destroy papers and written objects? YES FACT
Was there a worse flood in about 1844 or so? YES FACT
Was that flood 7 feet higher than the 1826 flood YES FACT

The flood in 1844 had steamboats unloading in the middle of town into second story window. floating over building to do so. That would make the 1826 flood a bad flood that not much could escape.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Was that flood 7 feet higher than the 1826 flood YES FACT ...
Does this prove that Beale or the "key" letter ever existed? NO FACT- YES SPECULATION

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that flood 7 feet higher than the 1826 flood YES FACT

The flood in 1844 had steamboats unloading in the middle of town into second story window. floating over building to do so. That would make the 1826 flood a bad flood that not much could escape.

Was there lightening in 1826? YES!
Do people die from lightening strikes? YES!
Are some lightening storms worse then others? YES!
Has property and paper ever burned due to a lightening strike? YES!
Good lord, man, quit inhaling all of that fantasy fact before it permanently damages brain cells......:laughing7:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there lightening in 1826? YES!
Do people die from lightening strikes? YES!
Are some lightening storms worse then others? YES!
Has property and paper ever burned due to a lightening strike? YES!
Good lord, man, quit inhaling all of that fantasy fact before it permanently damages brain cells......:laughing7:

I'm afraid that lighting strikes we're not kept track of a the particular timeline we are looking at. Time machine would be the only possible way you could verify this hypothesis.

Provence seems to be a big problem too!

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid that lighting strikes we're not kept track of a the particular timeline we are looking at. Time machine would be the only possible way you could verify this hypothesis.

Now you're catching on. You can see it in what others post but you're just missing the obvious connection......:laughing7:

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I certainly hope he is not referring to Clark's diary. As not mean provenance of the flood of 1826.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
William Clark's journal and diary was probably one of the sources utilized by James Beverly Ward while creating the Beale Papers.
Clark's wife, Julia Hancock, was the cause of the duel between Thomas Beale and James Beverly Risqué, Ward's grandfather, which provided the Beale character name for the job print pamphlet.

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William Clark's journal and diary was probably one of the sources utilized by James Beverly Ward while creating the Beale Papers.
Clark's wife, Julia Hancock, was the cause of the duel between Thomas Beale and James Beverly Risqué, Ward's grandfather, which provided the Beale character name for the job print pamphlet.

The statement above has no providence. Therefore is just conjecture. ( Was Probably ) :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It was presented as a probable possibility, NOT AS FACT, as some on these threads are apt to do with their unbridled speculative guessing to fill in the many "empty holes" that flood these threads about the Beale story.

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was presented as a probable possibility, NOT AS FACT, as some on these threads are apt to do with their unbridled speculative guessing to fill in the many "empty holes" that flood these threads about the Beale story.

All your information is presented as probable possibility. That seems to be the problem!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Now he's trying to say that there are errors in the authors made up story that prove its made up.
There are several errors or purposeful discrepancies in the Beale narrative text, as well just a bit of plausible references to make the adventure treasure tale "believable" to the gullible and unwary reader.

You and nobody else has ever presented evidence of anything in the Beale story as ever happening outside of the pages of the Beale Papers- a very basic indicator that prove the story is "made up".

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS does the same! No facts just a bunch of BigScoop!

Hard to argue that the original narration isn't the only source or provenance to the tale and that pointing out all those existing dependencies, inaccuracies, and deceptions within that original narration isn't provenance. :laughing7: Not my fault that all of that contrary fact exist as I didn't write that original narration. So if you need to attack me in place of the author that's fine, but it all still comes back to the original source, the author, not me. So when you attack me for pointing these things out, I'm not the one you're actually attacking. :icon_thumleft: But don't sweat it, most realize this.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread