new...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again the Roanoke Times newspaper "article" to which you keep referring, is just a BOOK REVIEW that recaps the story and even misspells Ward's name whom is stated as the author.
There is NO evidence that the "peoples of the time regarded it as true", that is just your assumption.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the insults..... "Pretty simple, instead of always resorting to childish name calling and tantrums" violates our rules.

Really? And the post I was replying to is, what? In case you missed what I was replying to, "One sick pup! The moronic statements you have made here in these forums show what you are. You just have to go to the 9th page to find them." So calling someone a sick pup and a moron is, what, Ok? :laughing7: This type of insulting and launching personal attacks is all-too common practice for some of these folks, and yet it still continues. I was merely pointing that out and suggesting they post something relevant to the topic and discussion instead of constantly resorting to the childish attacks and name calling. But I have thick skin,.......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would seem to me that all you state above can be applied to your views too! Exept the fact that he has a book claiming something and you don't. And there is a fact that nine years later the newspaper article was talking about the fact that no one yet has found the treasurer or deciphered the text! The peoples of the time regarded it as true.

What he has is a book and a proposed solution he has "manufactured" around the alleged events in that tale. There are thousands of those proposed solutions and remedies out there, all of them different and none of them with any supporting provenance whatsoever. Proposed cipher solutions are also a dime a dozen, all different as well, something else he has which is nothing new within this post-history of this tale. Thus far every claim of solution and remedy has been the product of the same completely blind process without that first hint of actual provenance in support of any of it. "You can't manufacture the truth." :icon_thumright:

And I might add, the more these claimants continue to propose in alternate format the more they are actually discrediting the events and details offered in the original source, thus they are actually presenting evidence in support of the original source being a complete work of fiction. So what becomes obvious as this continues is that folks are just weaving whatever they want into the tale due to a complete lack of any provenance in support of it. Thus they are manufacturing fiction in an attempt to prove the truth in the original source that they apparently no longer deem to be either truthful or accurate. I know, ironic, isn't it. :laughing7:

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again the Roanoke Times newspaper "article" to which you keep referring, is just a BOOK REVIEW that recaps the story and even misspells Ward's name whom is stated as the author.
There is NO evidence that the "peoples of the time regarded it as true", that is just your assumption.

Actually there were three, one in 1885 April 10, 1885 April 15 and One in 1893. Not seeing the Ward name misspelled?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he has is a book and a proposed solution he has "manufactured" around the alleged events in that tale. There are thousands of those proposed solutions and remedies out there, all of them different and none of them with any supporting provenance whatsoever. Proposed cipher solutions are also a dime a dozen, all different as well, something else he has which is nothing new within this post-history of this tale. Thus far every claim of solution and remedy has been the product of the same completely blind process without that first hint of actual provenance in support of any of it. "You can't manufacture the truth." :icon_thumright:

And I might add, the more these claimants continue to propose in alternate format the more they are actually discrediting the events and details offered in the original source, thus they are actually presenting evidence in support of the original source being a complete work of fiction. So what becomes obvious as this continues is that folks are just weaving whatever they want into the tale due to a complete lack of any provenance in support of it. Thus they are manufacturing fiction in an attempt to prove the truth in the original source that they apparently no longer deem to be either truthful or accurate. I know, ironic, isn't it. :laughing7:

When the wind blows the screen door makes the same sounds!

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hasty conclusion easy to make, like hole in water.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No I am not confused for it is nothing more than a book review citing the narrative text of the Beale Papers as a human interest treasure tale that was very prevalent in the newspapers of that period.

Many of the Florida buried pirate treasure stories appeared in the Florida newspapers of that same period, many were pure fabrications of the papers editors employing real names of actual pirates and locations in the creation of these articles that helped sell the newspapers.
Adrian P Jordan, the editor of THE PUNTA GORDA HERALD during that time period, wrote many of these buried treasure stories, and in turn, where picked up by other newspapers and run as human interest treasure tales.
There were even newspaper articles of long necked dinosaurs seen in the St Johns River during that same period- now I have seen some large gators in the St Johns, but never a dinosaur.

All these period newspaper articles should all be taken with a grain of salt, be it Beale or pirate treasure or dinosaurs, for they are not affirmations that the stories are true, but precursors to National Enquire articles.

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am not confused for it is nothing more than a book review citing the narrative text of the Beale Papers as a human interest treasure tale that was very prevalent in the newspapers of that period.

Many of the Florida buried pirate treasure stories appeared in the Florida newspapers of that same period, many were pure fabrications of the papers editors employing real names of actual pirates and locations in the creation of these articles that helped sell the newspapers.
Adrian P Jordan, the editor of THE PUNTA GORDA HERALD during that time period, wrote many of these buried treasure stories, and in turn, where picked up by other newspapers and run as human interest treasure tales.
There were even newspaper articles of long necked dinosaurs seen in the St Johns River during that same period- now I have seen some large gators in the St Johns, but never a dinosaur.

All these period newspaper articles should all be taken with a grain of salt, be it Beale or pirate treasure or dinosaurs, for they are not affirmations that the stories are true, but precursors to National Enquire articles.

Did they name the dinosaur J. B. Ward?
Because there's no J. B. Ward in the newspaper article from 1893 ether !

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hasty conclusion easy to make, like hole in water.

"A man fabricates a new home. So proud of his new home that each day he climbs onto the roof and he adds another new decoration for all the world to see. Soon the poorly crafted roof becomes so strained by all the added weight that the entire house collapses on top of him."

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Did they name the dinosaur J. B. Ward?
Because there's no J. B. Ward in the newspaper article from 1893 ether !
Sarcasm doesn't change the fact the this newspaper "article" and the others were only book reviews of the Beale Papers.
Now does it?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarcasm doesn't change the fact the this newspaper "article" and the others were only book reviews of the Beale Papers.
Now does it?

Why would there be a book review in 1893 for a book no longer available? Did not someone burn them as you have stated so many times? Or was that just more of your ..........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread