Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Having Fun Again

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2009
    451 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Yes, all of your information is correct. There is another thing or two you should know. The house at 105 Harrison Street. James Beverly Ward died there as you stated. Charles Bell Ward died there. And Thomas Ward which was Charles Bell Ward's son, he died there also. Are you sure about Ella marrying Allanson N. Caulkins? I can find nothing on her or whatever happened to her. When did they show up in Florida?

I have not seen the Obit. I have seen the cemetery records.
    Franklin,

James Beverly Ward and Harriet Otey had nine children and 8 are accounted for in the Obituary. A son James Beverly Ward died in 1856 of an accidental gun shot wound. Maybe you and ECS can sort them our from the obit.

It isn't easy and I need to review what I have so I'm not messing something up once again.

Lynchburg News – May 17, 1907, Page 6, Column 6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obituary - James Beverly Ward.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	1509609

Below is a link on Findagrave for Ella and Alanson

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...97334&ref=acom

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...97333&ref=acom

Her husband Allanson N. sometimes shows up as Noble Caulkins.

They show up in the 1880 census in Santa Rosa County, Flordia. (I'm not sure if they were there much earlier)

I'll get back and we can all compare what we have each come up with regarding the details of James & Harriet Ward's family.

Right now I have Annie Morris Ward married to Frank Johnson and Julia Herbert Ward married to William Dudley Johns.

Garry
    Last edited by Garry; Oct 27, 2017 at 08:32 AM.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    4334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There should be an obituary of Robert Morriss in the Bedford Newspapers but I have not found any? Since Robert Morriss died in Bedford County and not in Lynchburg, Va.
    Rebel - KGC and audigger53 like this.

Jun 2007
    10590 times
    Maybe under another name...? Look for DOD/Year of Death (YOD); 1863.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 27, 2017 at 07:47 AM.
    franklin and audigger53 like this.

us
    Apr 2009
    451 times
    Probably not much of additional interest here, but I wanted to post the other complete articles that I referenced ealier in this thread related to James Beverly Ward's death.

Lynchburg News — May 18, 1907, Page 6, Column 7

Name:	Funeral - James Beverly Ward.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	790.4 KB 
ID:	1509643

Lynchburg News — June 2, 1907, Page 2, Column 4

Name:	Memorial - James Beverly Ward.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	540.6 KB 
ID:	1509645

Garry

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8768 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post

James Beverly Ward and Harriet Otey had nine children and 8 are accounted for in the Obituary. A son James Beverly Ward died in 1856 of an accidental gun shot wound...
    James Beverly Ward and Harriet Emmaline Otey Ward had 11 children, listed in order of birth"
    James Beverly
    Ella Risqué
    Adeline Virginia
    John Gordon
    Ferinand Kennerly
    Annie Morris
    Julia Herbert
    Charles Bell
    William Goggin
    Otey Beverly
    Mary Beverly

us
    Apr 2009
    451 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    James Beverly Ward and Harriet Emmaline Otey Ward had 11 children, listed in order of birth"
    James Beverly
    Ella Risqué
    Adeline Virginia
    John Gordon
    Ferinand Kennerly
    Annie Morris
    Julia Herbert
    Charles Bell
    William Goggin
    Otey Beverly
    Mary Beverly
    ECS,

I was able to find your information although I’m not sure it was from the same source?

A Genealogy of the Buford Family in America with Records of a Number of Allied Families by Marcus Bainbridge Buford, Page 136, 137 and 138. Published in 1903.

Marcus added two children, I didn’t have, whom he indicates died young, Ferdinand Kennerly Ward and May Beverly Ward. Although I am loathe to blindly accept information in a family tree, but in this case, the last generations were still living when he gathered the information. The only hiccup I have is that he names James Beverly Ward’s wife as both Harriet C. and Harriet O. We have her as Harriet Emuline.

I went ahead and added the two children along with a couple of wives and also a couple of marriage dates to my Beale Searcher’s Tree. I think everything else that I had was pretty much in agreement with his information.

Thanks,

Garry

us
    Apr 2009
    451 times
    My wife and I just returned from a trip back east that included Virginia. We spent about a week between Roanoke and Richmond and I did cajole her into some research in the area. Libraries, Courthouses, etc.

With some clues that Rebel posted, we were also able to find a map that hints at the Beale Treasure location.

Name:	P1020006.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1509757

We didn’t find the Beale Treasure but you know gold is where you find it and we were able to locate some shown below.

Name:	P1020007.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	1509758

Garry and Carol

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
    494 times
    Lincoln created an income tax to pay for the War in 1862 but it was repealed in 1872.
    The Beale Papers were copyrighted in 1864 and published in 1865.
    Congress reenacted an income tax in 1894, but the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.
    In 1913, income tax was passed again, this time with the IRS for collection.

Franklin, when did these events that you mention that are connected to the Beale Papers occur?
    you mean Beale was copyrighted in 1884 and published in 1885?

just wondering when you think these events occurred?
    But he who knows forms, is able to grasp the unity of nature beneath the surface of materials which are very unlike. Thus is he able to identify and bring about things that have never been done before, things of the kind which neither the vicissitudes of nature, nor hard experimenting, nor pure accident could ever have actualized, nor even human thought dreamed of. And thus from the discovery of the forms flows true speculation and unrestricted operation.

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    494 times
    Just today I found a real connection of the Beale Treasure to the Confederate Treasury. Really weird. I have found land transactions where someone paid $4500. for a house and property and then turned in the same day and made out a Trust Deed for $1. A person of interest that purchased one half the property of James B. Ward's Hunter's Hill Plantation had whole files missing from court records. Then I found out why they were missing. This is a continuing search and I am once again having fun trying to solve this mystery.

A landowner is hiding out from the IRS for taxes in Virginia and is then working for the IRS in Washington City. The trustee is taking care of his family and he writes letters to him like they are Knight's of the Golden Circle. He buys their groceries, clothes and even pays their bills sometimes with his own money. The rich families of Danville, Virginia are all involved. Then there are judges and even US Supreme Court is involved. Fights over a half acre of land with three bankers from Richmond purchasing one half right through the center of a Church and again the rich families of Danville are trustees to the church and it is a black fellowship church. Why would a bond of $10000 have to be put in place for such a small location. Again the trustee is involved. It all just keeps unraveling and I am wide eyed reading it. I love a mystery.

I was reading up on a person that claimed to have solved the Beale out towards Danville where they claimed it was off the trail near a creek up that way.....in a canyon to the east of the river.....

Its interesting that you show there is some juggling about properties there and that there is some finagling going on still to this day over a property that was made into a non-entity from the missing records......
    But he who knows forms, is able to grasp the unity of nature beneath the surface of materials which are very unlike. Thus is he able to identify and bring about things that have never been done before, things of the kind which neither the vicissitudes of nature, nor hard experimenting, nor pure accident could ever have actualized, nor even human thought dreamed of. And thus from the discovery of the forms flows true speculation and unrestricted operation.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    4334 times
    As far as the gold and silver in Danville, Va. I know where all of it is located but it can not be dug up. It is in three different locations. I have the compass readings and the distance, also the depth to two of the gold caches. I have the location of the silver Mexican Dollars also but only the location and depth, no compass readings or distance needed.

But as for the Beale Treasure, I have not figured out whether it leads to a real treasure or was a diversion away from the real treasures. However there is a Buford's in Danville that leads to a large under-ground vault but I do not know what is buried in it?

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    494 times
    As far as the gold and silver in Danville, Va. I know where all of it is located but it can not be dug up. It is in three different locations. I have the compass readings and the distance, also the depth to two of the gold caches. I have the location of the silver Mexican Dollars also but only the location and depth, no compass readings or distance needed.

But as for the Beale Treasure, I have not figured out whether it leads to a real treasure or was a diversion away from the real treasures. However there is a Buford's in Danville that leads to a large under-ground vault but I do not know what is buried in it?
    Looks like you are onto some serious leads.....good luck finding those treasuries.....

Im sure one of them is a sure fire win......!

I am working on this cipher now to locate the map encrypted inside of it.....so far I have the map layout just dont know where it starts....

Name:	Gold Map Confederate Lee-Stephenson-Message.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	1509773
    audigger53 likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    you mean Beale was copyrighted in 1884 and published in 1885?

just wondering when you think these events occurred?
    As Rebel-KGC pointed out on post#4 and as I clarified on post #5 admitting that I typed the wrong dates.
    You can stop your wondering over this typo.
    audigger53 likes this.

Jun 2007
    10590 times
    As Rebel-KGC pointed out on post#4 and as I clarified on post #5 admitting that I typed the wrong dates.
    You can stop your wondering over this typo.
    LOL!

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    494 times
    I dont take orders from you ECS.....sorry you were lost in the hundreds of solutions and their confusing dates....

While trying to tell me I didn't know my dates and that there couldn't be any window there for what I showed went down....

Confederates are being driven out of every state after an official review of the info.....swamp is drained......time to move on....

Film at eleven

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Confederates are being driven out of every state after an official review of the info.....swamp is drained...
    Who's doing the driving, carpetbaggers?, scalawags?
    audigger53 likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links