Busy Beale !

legrand

Jul 28, 2008

The wealth suspected in a mansion in Philly is identified via the C1 code in Beale. It is not the "Beale Treasure" per se. One could, I suppose, and I have had the notion, say that the mansion is the "Beale Treasure"...but, more accurately, the "Beale Treasure" is elsewhere. This "elsewhere" is the "secrecy" I am focusing on here on this thread. ERE FEN DUE RED KNEE (from C1) leads to "The Gold Bug" which leads to the mansion. You all can tear this up all you want, but it is what lead me there. Validation is impossible at the mansion; (publicized) provenance at the mansion is impossible (I'll say nothing more on this issue). That story ends there. Now, because the "Beale" is a two-prong treasure, steganographic pesher story, one could say "it" is not in PA and be correct. So, you are correct. The treasure of majority is what I'll refer to as "Beale Treasure" and is elsewhere than in Philly, PA. "Beale" stylometry hints at Edgar Allan Poe, but I concede, he did not write the story. I do think C1 was created earlier than the copyright date and may have been created (or heavily influenced) by Poe prior to 1849 when, like it or not, he may have faked his murder. Therefore, Poe may have created the ERE FEN DUE RED KNEE cipher in C1. Now, if Poe created C1, it fills the sails of possibility that C1 is, in fact, a letter frequency cipher in its entirety, leading one to Machias Seal Island. The nuts/bolts cryptographic "proof" document has existed and was created by an elderly man from California ( a former NSA employee ). I have witnessed this document. Ron Gervais outlines this frequency method in his " Page 26 - #6 ". So, a tenet of Beale could be the mansion; a tenet of Beale could be Machias Seal Island (very near Oak Island I might add); a tenet of Beale is the "elsewhere" location. One of these locations is subject of an announcement to come at some time in the future.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So it is from your decoding of C1; (EAP?) that gave you the Philly, PA "site"; show "decoding", please... THANKS! Steganographic Pesher...? How so...? A "Message" within the "Story"; you would need a "Sender" and a Receiver"; WHO would be the "Sender", and WHO would be the Receivers". Sounds like the CSA Treasury/as the "Beale Treasure", an "Sender" would be Maj. F.C. Hutter - former CSA PAYMASTER (who I believe was THE AUTHOR)... AND! The author of the WRITTEN BPP was John William Sherman (Sub-Editor, under Charlie Button - Editor of the NEWS VIRGINIAN)... it was NOT in Philly, PA IMHO. FURTHER, The "Receivers" would be the General Public of Lynchburg, Va.; yet a "select few" would get the "message". WHO...? MHO is the Rebs/ex-Rebs living in L'burg, Va. "area" AFTER the CONFEDERATE WAR; ppl like Maj F.C. Hutter (died in 1885), Maj. E.S. Hutter (formed the Rivermont Comp. & built the first Rivermont Bridge over Black Water Creek, Gen. J. Early - Attorney, Gen. TT Munford of Bedford County - Farmer... BIG "spread" & OTHERS. PV Viemeister alluded to all this in his last book on the Beale Treasure... CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP, written as a novel (as was the BPP in MHO). BPP was "shaking" the Family "trees" (Ragland family) to flush out thoses "in the Know". HECK! MAYBE I should do a "followup" to PV's last book with what I and other "locals" know. Heh... :coffee2:

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many "could be's" because that is all they can ever truly be. Explaining how one arrived at their conclusion has no bearing at all on the potential accuracy of that process in relation to the mystery. All that is being done here is the explaining of a process that created a conclusion, nothing whatsoever that actually makes any direct connection to the original source. At best, it is one man's wild guess and best effort, but that's all it is because that is all it could ever be right from the very start. It's just another example of how the ciphers/story can become anything anyone desires them to be.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
INTERESTING "Story-Line", indeed...
"Rosalie (or perhaps Muddy) in need of money, unable to access a trove of gold as Edgar was also unable to access, sold the gold secret and Poe's uncompleted "GRAND DIDDLE", concerning this gold secret to Charles W Button".- Legrand January 23, 2008

What became of Rosalie after she sold the "gold secret" to Charles W Button?
Why was she in dire need of money?
How did she take possession of Poe's "GRAND DIDDLE"?
Was it after Poe faked his death in 1849 as you mention, then traveled to France to collaborate with Jules Verne?
Did any novels come from Poe and Verne's collaboration?
Who was "Muddy"?
How is any of this connected to Ward's 1885 published BEALE PAPERS?

Legrand, you have presented many different versions of alleged "story behind the Beale story" for 11+ years and a claim of cipher "solution" without providing any backing evidence, just random speculative stories.
These stories, while entertaining and mostly amusing, are only linked to Ward, the copyright, printing, publishing, advertising, sale by wishful imagination due to the total lack of actual unrefuted provenance.

"I'd love to reveal more, but it must wait".- Legrand February 3, 2007- gives the appearance of one not having the provenance or evidence to support these imaginative connections.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... "Beale" stylometry hints at Edgar Allan Poe, but I concede, he did not write the story. I do think C1 was created earlier than the copyright date and may have been created (or heavily influenced) by Poe prior to 1849 when, like it or not, he may have faked his murder. Therefore, Poe may have created the ERE FEN DUE RED KNEE cipher in C1...
Does this "hint" that it "may have been" in Poe's "GRAND DIDDLE" uncompleted gold story that Rosalie and maybe Muddy "may have" sold to Charles W Button due to her financial dire straights?
That red knee tarantula tale seems to be creeping away from the light of day.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Rosalie (or perhaps Muddy) in need of money, unable to access a trove of gold as Edgar was also unable to access, sold the gold secret and Poe's uncompleted "GRAND DIDDLE", concerning this gold secret to Charles W Button".- Legrand January 23, 2008...

"I'd love to reveal more, but it must wait".- Legrand February 3, 2007- gives the appearance of one not having the provenance or evidence to support these imaginative connections.
In 1843, Poe published "RAISING THE WIND- DIDDLING CONSIDERED AS ONE OF THE EXACT SCIENCES", an article on the scams, con games, swindles of his time.
It is interesting that Legrand would relate an unconfirmed tale concerning "Rosalie or Muddy" selling Poe's "GRAND DIDDLE" to LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN newspaper owner, Charles W Button in connection to the BEALE PAPERS.
Is he inferring that the dime novel Beale Papers pamphlet was written and published as a "scam"?

The Poe work on "diddling":
http://www.eapoe.org/works/tales/diddlnga.htm

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be anything anyone desires it to be. Nobody is wrong, everyone is right that way. :icon_thumright:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The wealth suspected in a mansion in Philly is identified via the C1 code in Beale. It is not the "Beale Treasure" per se. One could, I suppose, and I have had the notion, say that the mansion is the "Beale Treasure"...but, more accurately, the "Beale Treasure" is elsewhere. This "elsewhere" is the "secrecy" I am focusing on here on this thread. ERE FEN DUE RED KNEE (from C1) leads to "The Gold Bug" which leads to the mansion. You all can tear this up all you want, but it is what lead me there. Validation is impossible at the mansion; (publicized) provenance at the mansion is impossible (I'll say nothing more on this issue). That story ends there. Now, because the "Beale" is a two-prong treasure, steganographic pesher story, one could say "it" is not in PA and be correct. So, you are correct. The treasure of majority is what I'll refer to as "Beale Treasure" and is elsewhere than in Philly, PA. "Beale" stylometry hints at Edgar Allan Poe, but I concede, he did not write the story. I do think C1 was created earlier than the copyright date and may have been created (or heavily influenced) by Poe prior to 1849 when, like it or not, he may have faked his murder. Therefore, Poe may have created the ERE FEN DUE RED KNEE cipher in C1. Now, if Poe created C1, it fills the sails of possibility that C1 is, in fact, a letter frequency cipher in its entirety, leading one to Machias Seal Island. The nuts/bolts cryptographic "proof" document has existed and was created by an elderly man from California ( a former NSA employee ). I have witnessed this document. Ron Gervais outlines this frequency method in his " Page 26 - #6 ". So, a tenet of Beale could be the mansion; a tenet of Beale could be Machias Seal Island (very near Oak Island I might add); a tenet of Beale is the "elsewhere" location. One of these locations is subject of an announcement to come at some time in the future.

Still promoting books, seeking investors and trying hard to get another DECODED SHOW? LOL

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Still promoting books, seeking investors and trying hard to get another DECODED SHOW? LOL
That does seem to be M O model that all those who discover "secret hidden cipher" or claim to be the only one to "solve" an unsolvable cipher.
Create a premise out of thin air, throw in a few unrelated historical names with a quasi story in some obscure location and they will stand in line to buy the book and watch the television show. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And NOW! We have James Madison, from Orange County, Va. U.S. Prez during the War of 1812... with SECRET CODES like TJ! Heh... gotta see his TEMPLE up there! HA!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
JM was responsible for writing the U.S. Constitution, and MANY SECRET codes... AND! There is a CONSTITUTION Forest in Amherst County, south of the BRP (Jefferson National Forest), on old Buffalo Road/Trace, now known as Rt. 60; NICE today... SUNNY, 80 degrees on the SNP & BRP (from Orange/Madison Counties) & 85 in the "Flat-lands".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... We have James Madison, from Orange County, Va. U.S. Prez during the War of 1812... with SECRET CODES like TJ! ...
During the Continental Congress, the delegates, including Madison and Jefferson, communicated with a cipher developed by Massachusetts delegate, James Lovell.
Lovell's code was a keyword polyalphabetic code based on a keyword and interaction between numbers and alphabets.
Madison, Monroe, and Jefferson also communicated with a more complicated nomenclator code.
If their exists a "hidden secret cipher" in the Declaration of Independence", most likely one of these systems would have been utilized.

http://www.lewis-clark.org/article/2222

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
During the Continental Congress, the delegates, including Madison and Jefferson, communicated with a cipher developed by Massachusetts delegate, James Lovell.
Lovell's code was a keyword polyalphabetic code based on a keyword and interaction between numbers and alphabets.
Madison, Monroe, and Jefferson also communicated with a more complicated nomenclator code.
If their exists a "hidden secret cipher" in the Declaration of Independence", most likely one of these systems would have been utilized.

Jefferson-Lewis Cryptology | Discovering Lewis & Clark ®
GOOD info, THANKS!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Andrew Jackson received coded messages from James Madison during the War of 1812 and the Battle of New Orleans, and during his Florida Campaign, from James Monroe- his Aide-de-Camp for both was James Beverly Risqué, grandfather of James Beverly Ward, copyright owner and publisher of THE BEALE PAPERS.
During the War of Northern Aggression, Ward as well as his Hutter cousins, served the Confederacy, which included dealing with codes and ciphers.
...and it was Ward's 3rd cousin, Julia Hancock, with whom Risque engaged in a duel with Thomas Beale, married William Clark, of Lewis & Clark, who received coded messages from Thomas Jefferson during the CORPS OF DISCOVERY.

While many references to events in the Risqué extended family bloodline can be found in the Beale Papers, it appears that the use of codes and ciphers was also common and known to that extended family.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Knowledge of this affair was confined to a very limited circle-to the writer's immediate family, and to one old and valued friend"
-THE BEALE PAPERS
When one realizes all the "all in the family" connection found throughout the Beale story narrative, it becomes apparent that the "old and valued friend" is mentioned by named in that narrative.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Confederate soldier and Lynchburg businessman, Max Guggenheimer, Esq, the only other living person mentioned in the Beale Papers at the time of the 1885 publication.
*NOTE* James Beverly Ward is alluded to in the narrative text as "agent" for copyright and publishing, and his name in on the title page.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread