The Course Of All The Indifference

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, the vast majority of all of the steaming debates in recent years stems around several claims of accurate solves. But here's my question, and it's a pretty simple and straight forward question; "How can anyone make the claim of accurate solve without conclusive end result in hand?" And there is the real issue, there is never any conclusive end result in any of these, often vastly different, premature claims of accurate solve. They are just claims, and that's it. So what is this saying about the claimant and the claim?

There is a HUGE difference between saying, "I think I may have solved it" VS "Yep, I have accurately solved it!" Why would anyone want to claim that they have conclusively solved something when they can't confirm their claim? What really compels them to push such a claim without any actual conclusive end result in hand? And then, on top of this, why do they continue to avoid confirmation of that claimed conclusive solve when pressed to do so? Why can they never produce it? What was their true motivation in posting such a claim in the first place? When pressed it always comes down to, "You just wait, it's coming." And yet it never does come, instead, just more of the same, "You just wait."

In truth they have nothing more then a working theory that, for whatever reasons, they strongly endorse. They don't yet have an actual claim of solve, and there is the source to most of the indifference in this forum. "Claims without any confirmation." :icon_thumright:

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Look, the vast majority of all of the steaming debates in recent years stems around several claims of accurate solves. But here's my question, and it's a pretty simple and straight forward question; "How can anyone make the claim of accurate solve without conclusive end result in hand?" And there is the real issue, there is never any conclusive end result in any of these, often vastly different, premature claims of accurate solve. They are just claims, and that's it. So what is this saying about the claimant and the claim?

There is a HUGE difference between saying, "I think I may have solved it" VS "Yep, I have accurately solved it!" Why would anyone want to claim that they have conclusively solved something when they can't confirm their claim? What really compels them to push such a claim without any actual conclusive end result in hand? And then, on top of this, why do they continue to avoid confirmation of that claimed conclusive solve when pressed to do so? Why can they never produce it? What was their true motivation in posting such a claim in the first place? When pressed it always comes down to, "You just wait, it's coming." And yet it never does come, instead, just more of the same, "You just wait."

In truth they have nothing more then a working theory that, for whatever reasons, they strongly endorse. They don't yet have an actual claim of solve, and there is the source to most of the indifference in this forum. "Claims without any confirmation." :icon_thumright:

Because "they" ​shouldn't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because "they" ​shouldn't.

Exactly. They shouldn't make false claims of accurate solve and solution unless they can actually confirm their claims. Otherwise, in public and knowledgeable forums, they'll be quickly exposed, just as we keep seeing here, so why even bother to do it? Why not just present them for what they really are, simple theories in progress? :dontknow:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

There is a HUGE difference between saying, "I think I may have solved it" VS "Yep, I have accurately solved it!"
Why would anyone want to claim that they have conclusively solved something when they can't confirm their claim
What really compels them to push such a claim without any actual conclusive end result in hand? ...

In truth they have nothing more then a working theory that, for whatever reasons, they strongly endorse.
They don't yet have an actual claim of solve, and there is the source to most of the indifference in this forum.
"Claims without any confirmation."
That lack of "confirmation" most likely explains the recent decline in posts on these Beale threads.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That lack of "confirmation" most likely explains the recent decline in posts on these Beale threads.

When you take away all of the wild speculation and creative manufacturing there remains nothing left of all of these "certain solves/solutions." It's all about "five minutes" of fame, folks feeding their own egos and personal agendas, etc., it has nothing to do with any true facts or credible solves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread