OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding, so if I find gold near California, does that mean I found it in California?

So at what distance outside of a grave yard is still considered a grave yard; just a rough guess, like 200 meters, 2,000. Is it like a DMZ for MDs or something.

If you're close enough to California to be scary, your too close!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason items are buried near a grave yard or cemetery because most people are scared to go there at night. It is also a good marker to return to as most cemeteries are taken care of and it remains for hundreds of years. Better than just going out into the woods to find a tree that may burn down or blow away the next summer. I would not metal detect in or very near cemeteries as it could upset people that have a loved one buried in that cemetery.

Except for the ones that would steal the pennies of the dead after digging them up. And then you have the body snachers, who would dig up the new dead and sell fresh bodies to the medical schools in the early 1800's. I would contact the German Government and ask them, but don't tell them about your grave robbing adventuress!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except for the ones that would steal the pennies of the dead after digging them up. And then you have the body snachers, who would dig up the new dead and sell fresh bodies to the medical schools in the early 1800's. I would contact the German Government and ask them, but don't tell them about your grave robbing adventuress!

Grave robbing with a medal detector should always be against the law!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to your pot. It is last quarter of the 18th century to first quarter of the 19th. The longer the legs and more angular the "ears" on the pot, the earlier it is. They derived from the "flesh pots" of the 17th century. I have a fleet of the 18th century cast iron pots and we dig fragments on colonial sites all the time.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to your pot. It is last quarter of the 18th century to first quarter of the 19th. The longer the legs and more angular the "ears" on the pot, the earlier it is. They derived from the "flesh pots" of the 17th century. I have a fleet of the 18th century cast iron pots and we dig fragments on colonial sites all the time.

What size inch are these pot you come across?

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you have photos?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread