OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that came from the mind of Jean Lafitte? Sorry we saw all of that years ago on his blogsite. Not to mention it of course. But that proves absolutely nothing. It is wishful thinking, conjecturing and fabricating something to make it fit your needs. No sir, not true.

Are you talking about the crypto strand?

71>115<317 were he used the II5 for the Roman numerals?

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wink The 1832 Letter To Mr Morriss And It's Purpose
St Louis, Mo, May 9th, 1822

Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822.

Please open the box by breaking the lock. You will find two letters address to you and three ciphers. Please read the letters first as they will give you more information about the purpose of the box.

The three ciphers can be decrypted by the use of the key and the procedure that is on the page 2 of this letter.
Cipher number 1 is determined by the 71 as the starting number. Cipher number 2 is determined by the 115 as the starting number. Cipher number 3 is determined by the 317 as the starting number.

You can see they are in order 71 the lowest number is first and 317 the larger number last.

The three ciphers will reveal the true story of what our business has been out West with no problems finding what we have hidden so long ago.

Don't let any false punctillio prevent you from this task at hand or your reward.

Page 1

So then, we can see that the author of the three ciphers would not have revealed the order of the ciphers until the letter was received in 1832. Ciphers be like that you know!

The key would have been with this letter and also the process as to work the ciphers. Multi encrypted ciphers will need a procedure to follow or you get gibberish. A clear text would be the results of following the exact direction given!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No letter, just a lot of wishful thinking.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822.

Please open the box by breaking the lock. You will find two letters address to you and three ciphers. Please read the letters first as they will give you more information about the purpose of the box.

The three ciphers can be decrypted by the use of the key and the procedure that is on the page 2 of this letter.
Cipher number 1 is determined by the 71 as the starting number. Cipher number 2 is determined by the 115 as the starting number. Cipher number 3 is determined by the 317 as the starting number.

You can see they are in order 71 the lowest number is first and 317 the larger number last.

The three ciphers will reveal the true story of what our business has been out West with no problems finding what we have hidden so long ago.

Don't let any false punctillio prevent you from this task at hand or your reward.

Page 1

Conjecture. Per usual.
800px-Diophantus-II-8-Fermat.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dear Mr Morriss

:laughing7:.....oh what a tangled web we weave...:laughing7: Five, you're done. Game Over!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the letter dated

St. Louis, Mo., May 9th, 1822.

With regard to the box left in your charge, I have a few words to say, and, if you will permit me, give you some instructions concerning it. It contains papers vitally affecting the fortunes of myself and many others engaged in business with me, and in the event of my death, its loss might be irreparable. You will, therefore, see the necessity of guarding it with vigilance and care to prevent so great a catastrophe. It also contains some letters addressed to yourself, and which will be necessary to enlighten you concerning the business in which we are engaged. Should none of us ever return you will please preserve carefully the box for the period of ten years from the date of this letter, and if I, or no one with authority from me during that time demands its restoration, you will open it, which can be done by removing the lock. You will find, in addition to the papers addressed to you, other papers which will be unintelligible without the aid of a key to assist you. Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832. By means of this you will understand fully all you will be required to do.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the letter dated

St. Louis, Mo., May 9th, 1822.

With regard to the box left in your charge, I have a few words to say, and, if you will permit me, give you some instructions concerning it. It contains papers vitally affecting the fortunes of myself and many others engaged in business with me, and in the event of my death, its loss might be irreparable. You will, therefore, see the necessity of guarding it with vigilance and care to prevent so great a catastrophe. It also contains some letters addressed to yourself, and which will be necessary to enlighten you concerning the business in which we are engaged. Should none of us ever return you will please preserve carefully the box for the period of ten years from the date of this letter, and if I, or no one with authority from me during that time demands its restoration, you will open it, which can be done by removing the lock. You will find, in addition to the papers addressed to you, other papers which will be unintelligible without the aid of a key to assist you. Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832. By means of this you will understand fully all you will be required to do.

Originally Fabricated and Posted by Five

"Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822."

Five, you're done. Game Over! :laughing7:
"Oh what a tangled web you weave....."

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally Fabricated and Posted by Five

"Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822."

Five, you're done. Game Over! :laughing7:
"Oh what a tangled web you weave....."

Not sure what game your playing, but it looks like your having some kind of episode!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what game your playing, but it looks like your having some kind of episode!

The fact that you're the only one left in the building who still hasn't recognized it, well, like I said, "You're done. Game Over!" :laughing7:
I mean, it's even been pointed out to you..:laughing7:...here's a hint, "1822 + 10 can't still equal 1822." Geeezzzzz.....:laughing7: So that's just one place you messed up when you fabricated your false letter document. Another place you messed up is that by doing so, well, you just, once again, confirmed that TJB, Morriss, And the unknown author were all big fat liars and that the story isn't true....:laughing7: "Oh what a tangled web you weave,".....you should know the rest of this since you have subscribed to it in every possible way.:icon_thumright:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, Five, it might be worth pointing out to you (but probably not) that Tnet has certain rules in regards to the forging of documents and presenting them to be the real thing. You might want to look into it....:laughing7:

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that you're the only one left in the building who still hasn't recognized it, well, like I said, "You're done. Game Over!" :laughing7:
I mean, it's even been pointed out to you..:laughing7:...here's a hint, "1822 + 10 can't still equal 1822." Geeezzzzz.....:laughing7: So that's just one place you messed up when you fabricated your false letter document. Another place you messed up is that by doing so, well, you just, once again, confirmed that TJB, Morriss, And the unknown author were all big fat liars and that the story isn't true....:laughing7: "Oh what a tangled web you weave,".....you should know the rest of this since you have subscribed to it in every possible way.:icon_thumright:

Checkmate!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, Five, it might be worth pointing out to you (but probably not) that Tnet has certain rules in regards to the forging of documents and presenting them to be the real thing. You might want to look into it....:laughing7:

And It's Purpose!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, that already took place quite a while back. What's taking place now is simply putting all of your fantasy game pieces back into the cardboard box.....:laughing7:

Shall we review?

A letter sealed in 1822 St Louis would have the same year written as the only letter that Mr Morriss ever received in the mail from Beale.

The two letters in the box are dated the day they were written 1822, but no seen untill after 1832.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shall we review?

A letter sealed in 1822 St Louis would have the same year written as the only letter that Mr Morriss ever received in the mail from Beale.

The two letters in the box are dated the day they were written 1822, but no seen untill after 1832.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time!

Dude, you're unbelievable. The web you have created for yourself is apparently so tight it must be cutting off the blood to your head....:laughing7: In the letter "you obviously forged and presented as actual document" you wrote: "It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822."

If 1822 was the last time Morriss saw the alleged TJB in the tale, and "it has been 10 years from the last time I saw you" then how could "you are receiving this letter as promised in 1822?" You see, fact-finder, you are the only one still in the room who can't add, meaning that 10 + 1822 is 1832, "and not 1822 as you presented in your forged document."....:laughing7: Dude, you have so busted yourself, yet again.....:laughing7: "Game over!" And what's even more incredible, you have been re-posting "that forged document of yours" while still completely unaware of just how obviously and seriously exposed you made yourself each time you re-posted it. I'd be surprised if you were still here come morning.....

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
chessgame.png The purpose of this exercise is to identify the likely possibility that whitewas playing with computer assistance.

Chess engine (2016) analysis Stockfish 7 (3168 rating) is being employed
to check this possibility.

Line #26: White plays G2-G4...Black responds with F6-G6. However,
Stockfish 7 instead plays for Black F5-G4, indicating that Black is playing against the powerful
computer and has displayed risky and unique movement of the queen. Black, therefore,
is true human play without the assistance of the computer. White, otherwise, in line #27,
plays the exact recommendation of Stockfish 7 being G1-F2.

Conclusion: White, it appears, seems to be using computer assistance against Black.

Black went on to crush White in 15 subsequent moves. Check mate.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHECK-MATE: 10 years previous to 1822 was 1812; WAR OF 1812... WHO was there...? :laughing7:

Oh, I get it....once again, as is always the case, we've managed to turn the "proposed true" tale and everything in it into a complete and utter lie. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread