Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
WOWWWW amazing find. I love the hammered silver and these are great looking designs on the coins. So im guessing they are early 1300's era silver peices? I just researched Edward the 3rd some, seems he was a pretty good king. My family was still living there when he was king so they probably knew of him. ;D

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick in NEPA said:
tyre kicker said:
Mr_Mojo_Risin said:
There will be when I have to hand them in

?? why can't you keep the coins??
Hi...two or more Ancient coins of precious metal are classed as treasure and you have to declare them :'( :'(
So, had you found just one, then you'd get to keep it?
Yes......two or more coins of a precious metal is classed as treasure trove :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy(PA) said:
WOWWWW amazing find. I love the hammered silver and these are great looking designs on the coins. So im guessing they are early 1300's era silver peices? I just researched Edward the 3rd some, seems he was a pretty good king. My family was still living there when he was king so they probably knew of him. ;D
Hi....yes Edward111 was one of the better Kings of England, you must have a lot of family history, were does your family originate from :thumbsup:

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
I missed this post, those groats are beautiful. Congrats on your finds.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
tyre kicker said:
Jimmy(PA) said:
Hi....yes Edward111 was one of the better Kings of England, you must have a lot of family history, were does your family originate from :thumbsup:

To tell you the truth I have no idea but I know they had to have been there during the time of King Edward cause they wernt in America yet. ;D They all moved here from Scotland, England, and Ireland in the past 200 years, then again I think most American families did. We have some pictures of my gg grandfather in his British uniform during the India Campaign in 1896? and some more pics of him in ww1 but he moved to the states sometime in the 20's, thats all I know of us in the UK haha. I should find out and go detect there lands. ;D Detecting over there is ALOT better then it is here, our finds bottom out around 1620ish. Too bad the Romans didnt colonize the America's 2k years ago. haha Can you detect in Ireland and Scotland? I know of family still in those countries but for some reason I think I remember hearing its illegal there.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy(PA) said:
tyre kicker said:
Jimmy(PA) said:

To tell you the truth I have no idea but I know they had to have been there during the time of King Edward cause they wernt in America yet. ;D They all moved here from Scotland, England, and Ireland in the past 200 years, then again I think most American families did. We have some pictures of my gg grandfather in his British uniform during the India Campaign in 1896? and some more pics of him in ww1 but he moved to the states sometime in the 20's, thats all I know of us in the UK haha. I should find out and go detect there lands. ;D Detecting over there is ALOT better then it is here, our finds bottom out around 1620ish. Too bad the Romans didnt colonize the America's 2k years ago. haha Can you detect in Ireland and Scotland? I know of family still in those countries but for some reason I think I remember hearing its illegal there.
As far as I'm aware there is no problem with detecting in Ireland or Scotland :thumbsup: get yourself there :thumbsup:

superficialbob

Jun 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt,Garrett Ace 250
All i can say is WOW, you've gotta be the happiest man on the face of this great earth. Excellant diggs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff for moving this :wink:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Wonderful finds! :thumbsup:

Living here in treasureless northern Michigan we never dig such things. I've purchased many from diggers over in your part of the world but that's as close as I've gotten to these beauties.

Badger

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Silver Searcher, you have lived up to your name. Congradulations and keep us informed of the comittee decision.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bump, this crazy find :notworthy:

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: :hello2: :headbang: What a beautiful grouping of coins! CONGRATS TO YA!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions