Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth! - Page 32
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2013
    Allentown,Pa
    Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter White's Coinmaster GT
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    bravo!!!!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6516 times
    Holy Cheese Thats a lifetime of Banners!
    A2coins likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Chestdiesel

Jul 2014
    Western Massachusetts
    Garett AT Pro
    285 times
    Metal Detecting
    So awesome!!! The stuff of legend right there!!!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Keep Dreaming

Apr 2015
    Seattle
    GPZ7000 / Minelab
    84 times
    Metal Detecting
    Beep....beep...beeeeeeep! WTG, Maine.
    A2coins likes this.

Sep 2015
    2 times
    nice i'm new to this good luck in your future huntings
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jefferson Detwiler

Nov 2013
    MA
    XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
    794 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Members including new members are allowed to read and post on old threads....Age doesn't change how amazing a find is...
    I agree - but by the same token, a very old thread such as the one with the 4 Fugios that keeps coming back should still be eligible for banner. Age does not diminish the awesomeness of the find and nearly everyone who reads the thread for the first time wants to vote on it. I joined two years ago and never saw it before. I'm open to hearing reasons for not allowing it, but your comment on age of the thread resonated with me because the condition of those Fugios is insane.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtwisher View Post
    I agree - but by the same token, a very old thread such as the one with the 4 Fugios that keeps coming back should still be eligible for banner. Age does not diminish the awesomeness of the find and nearly everyone who reads the thread for the first time wants to vote on it. I joined two years ago and never saw it before. I'm open to hearing reasons for not allowing it, but your comment on age of the thread resonated with me because the condition of those Fugios is insane.
    And again thread is over 4 years old, it does not qualify for banner now...
    A2coins likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Jun 2014
    196 times
    My step-grandfather was raised in a Prohibition-era moonshine camp along some river, I believe around southwest Ohio. I do not know the name of the river, and would hate to guess. It might be the Miami river? I do not think that it was the Ohio river. Anyway, he was illiterate, and had to check traps, and fish, and hunt, pretty much everyday, to help put food on the dinner plate.

When his father was on his deathbed, in the late 1970's, he ordered his son (my step grand-father) out of the hospital room. My grandfather was quite upset at being made to leave his father's presence. Once he was gone, his father told his wife where he had buried a number of mason jars, in front of their mobile home, in Ohio. The mason jars contained about $7000 dollars cash. Immediately after his death, the family dug the money up.

I do not know whether this happens more often then we might think. I also do not know whether this was because of their background. My grandfather was an expert hunter, fisher, and trapper. But, it was not because he "enjoyed" it so much as he had to do it every single day, as a kid, probably instead of going to school and learning to read.

Also, I remember he shared an incident that involved a suspected federal(?) agent showing up in the community, I guess looking for illegal bootleggers. Apparently, the fellow was in some sort of restaurant. And, someone passed the waitress a gun. And, that was the end of the agent. He related this incident in a very matter of fact manner. I don't think that he was kidding around. Also, he never seemed to show any contempt for the government, in any other instance, that I can recall.

Aside from raising animals, and farming massive amounts of vegetables on his land, my grandfather grew grapes, and was quite good at making wine, in old wooden barrels. He made both grape wine, and dandelion wine, every year. Even when I was a kid, under the age of twelve, he saw no harm in giving me wine to drink. He even gave me a gallon of wine to take home. But, it eventually turned sour.

Anyway, if people have doubts about these cache stories, I can confirm that there was a cache(s) buried, and then recovered, prior to death, in my stepmother's family. Also, if my grandfather's father had died suddenly, I am fairly certain that no one would have ever known that the jars were buried in front of the trailer, in the yard.

Also, I would really like to know whether the moonshiners had a history of burying their profits, rather than depositing them in a bank account. If so, then it might be worth researching where moonshiners were previously busted, and then searching their old haunts for buried caches.
    Last edited by BenjaminE; Oct 13, 2015 at 08:05 AM.
    A2coins and lastleg like this.

us
    Mar 2013
    Georgetown, Ky
    White's DFX 300
    26 times
    That is a fantastic cache! Great research on it and great motivation for us all!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    29507 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    WOW happy for you Great MY TURN

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Dec 2015
    Florida
    110 times
    That is fascinating. Sitting here wondering what happened to the person that buried it. There could be several pots buried around the property! Congratulations on the bucket list find. Can't wait to see those bad boys cleaned up.
    A2coins likes this.

Oct 2004
    Rhode Island,USA
    Excaliber 2,minelab sov., whites surfmaster. tesoro.equinox 800
    229 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Incredible find! BANNER
    A2coins likes this.

ro
    War Relicvs

Jun 2016
    Carpathian Mountain
    Garret Ace 150 with Karma 33x33 cm Coil and Garret MS-2 Headphones
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Trickle flinckle through the finger,the sound of silver.
    A2coins likes this.
    Keep search for
    Life is bad joke don't take in serious!
    The cat have much time and patience!
    So be like one!Not fizical,only mental!

us
    Gangsta Soren

Apr 2015
    Parker, Colorado
    Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
    55 times
    Needs to go on the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SorenCoins View Post
    Needs to go on the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It made banner in 2009..
    BigWaveDave and A2coins like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links