Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    191 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

Quote Originally Posted by SC_hunter
    Totally fantastic Bryce. I almost had a heart attack for you when Nick called me....You are DA MAN..and Congratulations..most awesome find. Gotta be a banner for sure.
    Thanks SC. When Nick handed me the phone...and you told me what it was worth....I literally had to crouch down to keep from passing out

Quote Originally Posted by whitesPA
    real cool find
    Thanks whitesPA

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonMinus
    Awesome story, man! Like you seem to be implying, the adventure and time spent with your friends made the trip as worthwhile as the cool finds themselves. Thanks for sharing this, great stuff!
    Thanks Epsilon. You are 100% correct. The friends and fun are worth more than the finds made. Seeing the Yeti eating berries was worth the price of admission alone
    Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

us
    Jul 2003
    Verona, KY
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
    16 times

Re: St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

Awesome! Great story and an even better find! Once in a lifetime no doubt!

Congrats! Well deserved!
    ďPaper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value ---- zero.Ē - Voltaire (1694-1778)

us
    Dec 2006
    Southern Illinois
    Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
    315 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WTG Bryce. Has your heart rate slowed down as of yet? Congrats on one awesome find.
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

us
    Mar 2009
    Dave, Central Iowa
    Minelab E-Trac
    2 times

Bryce,

Another great post and another great find by the master. Does not surprise me in the least that you would find a coin of this stature. IF they are there to find I think you are the one who can sniff them out.

I envy and hate you all at the same time!

Keep em coming,

Dave

us
    Semper Fi!

Jan 2007
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
    8 times

Sweet find and if this isn't a BANNER coin, then there shouldn't be a Banner!! Congrats on the "Big Daddy" of Mercs!!
    "Two things are infinite, the Universe and Human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe"
    ~Albert Einstein~

us
    Dec 2008
    Michigan
    Ace 250
    411 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WooooHooo!!!! congrats on an awesome find! just amazing that they are still out there! congrats again! keep it up! best of luck and HH
    CRH Totals 2009

Wheats 90
    Pre 1960 105
    Buffalo 5
    War Nic 2
    Merc 0
    Rosie 15
    Wash. Quarter 2
    Walking 0
    Franklin 0
    90% 1
    40% 12
    Canadian Silver 3

us
    Oct 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    DFX
    8 times

Wow that's amazing, congrats on the rare dime! It personally looks much more like an AG to me but that's besides the point. You scored big! 8) Think you might sell it? Congrats to you again.

us
    May 2008
    Illinois
    DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
    31 times

Absolutely fantastic Bryce!!! Great story also..You've got my vote for Banner!

us
    Oct 2007
    Southern Illinois
    e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
    1 times

Bryce that is awesome !!!!!!!! Congrats on a Great find.That one is on my list and hope to get lucky one of these days !!!! WTG and Good luck on your next hunt !!!!

us
    Oct 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    White's Matrix M6
    495 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Who says that good guys finish last? Well they were wrong this time. Congratulations on the dream find, the holy grail of metal detectors everywhere! I am personally grateful to you for the knowledge you have shared over the years, and I was thrilled to see you hit the big one. See you on the banner!
    Steve

Aug 2007
    West Michigan
    minelab, tesoro
    15 times

Boo Yah Bryce! Huge find. And ya did it with Nick and Bigfoot. I'm sure you would have been just as happy no matter who found the coin. Here's to good times and good buddies! MEMORIES!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2007
    Mn.
    Minelab E-Trac
    1297 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

Congratulations Bryce. What a nice find. Banner.

Mar 2005
    N.E.P.A.
    Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

You gotsta be kiddin' me! Nice find Bryce! Major score!

WTG!

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    324 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Congrats on the 1916-D . That is an awesome find. I have been using your settings and digging some good stuff. When you get a chance check out my post. You have helped me find a lot of nice coins and relics.
    Thanks
    Dman

us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    16 times

That definatly deserves a banner!
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links