Happy Happy Gypsy PLUS Money Tree PICS

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Happy Happy Gypsy PLUS TODAYS FINDS YIPPEE

this is absolutly amazing!! :o :o :o if this doesnt warrent a call from eastern and western treasures magazine i dont know what will. they should have you on the cover next month! just outstanding! if the ice melts can you get back there via canoe? rappeling down the slope sounds risky. there might be an easier way.i dont know what to say!! these finds are astounding! you definitly have the find of the year so far!! very very well done!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OH COME ON....

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please have someone check on me. I think I have stroked out on this story. GH how in the world can you top this post? I swear I can just see you three having a ball now. What can any one say about such a find?
We are all so happy for you! WTG Burdie

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You'll be smiling all week, if not longer! Your initiative has really paid off. WTG!

HH!
TBGO

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Gypsy,Gypsy, Gypsy,

it your spot now. Got a name for it yet?

Glad to see you seem to be doing more research
on what went on in your spot.

Hope the finds just keep coming.

How big is that slope you will need to go down
this spring?

Start thinking of a way.

Once some sites seem to be empty, they come back
with even more and better finds.

have a good un.....

R

rvbvetter

There's something not quite right about this storys location. And I think it's fairly obvious to everyone what the flaw is. And if you don't take care of it. Then we will be forced to resolve it ourselves and take this story and these finds and put them in the "BEST FINDS" Forum.
Because you and your finds, definitly deserve top billing!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WTG!!!!! HH

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With that encore,now I bow to thee.You are my hero! :)

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2

That is a really great place you have there Gypsy. Would a tall ladder work for getting you up and down the embankment? If a ladder would work what are the possibilities of getting one out there and stashing it in a hiding place for future searches of the area? There are alot of extending ladders these days that collapse to a small version that you might be able to take over on a canoe. Just a thought.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Holy Moly! Gypsy, this has been just a totally awesome thread and I 2nd the article to W&E!!
You might think about two lightweight articles that might help. One being a plastic milkcrate w/rope to pull up your finds. Pad the inside for breakables. This way you have both hands free to climb up and down. The other is an emergency chain ladder like they use for 2nd story and above to escape housefires.
Now get started on that article and don't forget the pics. ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hey Gypsy..Just waiting on the second post,Unbelievable find's....guess I'll just wait on the third.If you're not still dancing,sit down and have a cold one.....Excellent!!!!

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse

Thanks for the second post Gypsy,wonderful finds in excellent condition.Be careful on that thawing ice we don't want to lose you.Am anxiously awaiting to hear and see more of your finds from this special spot.I used a backpack rapelling down into graineries on cliffs in Utah .It left my hands free to manuver and still get the goodies out.Great job on that site ! Bob

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

:o UNBELIEVABLE :o BOW DOWN 2 GYPSY!! I'm in a state of shock,good lord I knew you would find additional items,but I didn't think that many in just one more day. LOL :D The glove stretcher is really different, I haven't seen one like that before. I love ALL of it. My goodness, I know all three of you were dancing today!!! ;D

I am no longer content with halves, I want to find a spot similar to yours. ;) One day I would love to dig just one bottle. I don't like water very much,so I don't know if I'll ever be able look for sites similar to this one. Walking on a frozen lake is out for me. lol

CONTINUED GOOD LUCK-HAPPY HUNTING-FIND MORE ITEMS

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

More great finds GH! HH, Mike

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3 silver dollars without a metal detector! I'm jealous ;)
Great finds... more to come we're sure! :)

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

wow :o good going gypsy. nice pic,s of your finds. i used to love to dig old bottles found a few coins while doing so but what a spot you have. keep the finds coming :)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful comments on my finds... :-*.Its been really fun and looks like there will be more....I have been a member of this forum for a few months now and have to admit I have been in total amazement of the finds that have been posted ....I am a history buff...so the civil war finds,1812, Old West articles and Shipwrecks have always had me so jealous it hurt..just to be able to walk in the same footsteps as those old soldiers and to touch the same things they did has left me awestruck . And those of you who get to hunt the warm beaches everyday and find so many coins and jewelry ....you guys /gals are outstanding....So for all of you to share those finds and great stories ,I have been so thankful.I have detected a long time and never had as much luck in a two day span as I have had with this dump site....I find complete stoneware pottery and bottles often, at the old homestead sites that I have hunted...so those finds didn't surprise me or seem uncommon .....but hardly ever do I find coins ....basically never LOL......So I was in shock, when I found the silver....until I averaged that silver over the last twenty years of finding hardly any...LOL......It just amazes me that people threw so much away and didn't want it...but maybe fifty years from now, Pull tabs will be high in value!. I have gained so much from this forum and the great people here who have shared their photos,expertise,research and knowledge.Thank You all!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I always watch for your postings, Gypsy! They are some of the best on here.

I found a simular type of site back in the 80's. It wasn't as productive as yours was but I clean-up on 19th century earthenware and early sodas (must have been a baptist house) ;D I also got the worst case of poison ivy I've ever gotten.

That old tin you mentioned is also valuable. They make all sorts of crafts out of that stuff today. It's even used in fancy houses.

Hunting by water is my favorite. Most people only think of the beach and in the water--this is a BIG mistake.

HH

M. Badger

Boy Gypsy,

You werent kidding when you said that you were spending time uploading pics. :o Holy Cow!!!
I had no idea....maybe I'll see you in chat and we can talk more about your great finds.
I wish much more good luck to you....

M

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread