Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: Happy Happy Gypsy PLUS TODAYS FINDS YIPPEE

UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE :D congrats

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

OK, I'm anxiously awaiting this weekends finds. Gypsy are you heading back out there? :D

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Great story Gypsy. Congratulations. Cool spot. 8)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now with the warm up here in the north east I will be looking forward to the nice finds that will be coming out of that site ....what you posted is just the tip of the iceberg, so good luck going back and your gonna have to figure out another way to get to it, since the lake in now starting to melt.....Best of luck !!! 8)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

come on get out there G GAL we want to see some goods!!

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden

Here I was feeling very proud to have found 11 wheaties,IN 80* weather.Great finds.
I hate you Gypsy...Will you marry ME?
HH,Mont

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA

Gypsy girl, have you been back out yet? Have you been back out yet? Have you!? Have you!? We wanna see more. ;D I feel like a little kid on a really long road trip. Geez, us TNeters can really keep your enthusiasm up, and help you get back out there to do your thang. Hurry up, would ya? :D

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

:o :o :o :o :o what a story Gypsy and what a set of trophies can't wait to see what you do when all the snow melts

way to go

HH Vrent

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Happy Happy Gypsy Last of the Goodies!!!For Now

I was able to get back to my site this week ,but until ice goes out now it will be the last . Its been real fun here digging,but until the ground thaws ,there is nothing else I can pull loose or I risk breaking things.
The iron dog was a real treat to find and was frozen tight...only the tail was sticking out of the ground and I actually started digging it the first time I was out there, but wasnt able to get it out until this week... I was so sad over the pig Lard jar...wish it hadn't had been broke .It has LARD painted on the front and is really crackled all the way through...it says Made In London?????..... The next picture is just more junk...spoon says Rogers...The silver dresser mirror still had shards of the mirror in it, and looked like it had been etched around the circle. Its 5 1/2 inches across and stands about an inch off the base...but I cant find any mark on it.......the mirror would have been 4" in diameter, so I am going to see if I can get the mirror replaced.......but on a whim I set one of my kerosene lamps on it and it just fits!
... found alot more dresser pulls, handles ,Mason jars up the gazoo, the ones with the wire closures, some rusty tools that are soaking,and more junk that I wont bore everyone with..and tons of broken pottery and stoneware...wah wah
I would like to hit the money tree one more time .....and even tho it doesnt look too big, the girls and I were able to fit inside it with no problem.
The tombstone was a strange find, but I think that people used to bury family in their yards ....then after the cemetarys came they were moved....I am going to drag that home if at all possible this summer.I think it says died in 1881. The last picture is the So- Sorrys and Wahwahs.....LOL.

Attachments

• Gypsydance3 032.jpg
    Gypsydance3 032.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,970
  • Gypsydance3 036.jpg
    Gypsydance3 036.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,957
  • Gypsydance3 028.jpg
    Gypsydance3 028.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,938
  • Gypsydance3 046.jpg
    Gypsydance3 046.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,012
  • Gypsydance3 031.jpg
    Gypsydance3 031.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,959
  • Gypsydance3 033.jpg
    Gypsydance3 033.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,009

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome Gypsy! Thanks for the post, you need to get a rope and prepare for spring and getting back there, read up on repelling, LOL! HH, Mike

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
Re: Happy Happy Gypsy Last of the Goodies!!!For Now

gypsyheart said:
I was able to get back to my site this week ,but until ice goes out now it will be the last . Its been real fun here digging,but until the ground thaws ,there is nothing else I can pull loose or I risk breaking things.
The iron dog was a real treat to find and was frozen tight...only the tail was sticking out of the ground and I actually started digging it the first time I was out there, but wasnt able to get it out until this week... I was so sad over the pig Lard jar...wish it hadn't had been broke .It has LARD painted on the front and is really crackled all the way through...it says Made In London?????..... The next picture is just more junk...spoon says Rogers...The silver dresser mirror still had shards of the mirror in it, and looked like it had been etched around the circle. Its 5 1/2 inches across and stands about an inch off the base...but I cant find any mark on it.......the mirror would have been 4" in diameter, so I am going to see if I can get the mirror replaced.......but on a whim I set one of my kerosene lamps on it and it just fits!
... found alot more dresser pulls, handles ,Mason jars up the gazoo, the ones with the wire closures, some rusty tools that are soaking,and more junk that I wont bore everyone with..and tons of broken pottery and stoneware...wah wah
I would like to hit the money tree one more time .....and even tho it doesnt look too big, the girls and I were able to fit inside it with no problem.
The tombstone was a strange find, but I think that people used to bury family in their yards ....then after the cemetarys came they were moved....I am going to drag that home if at all possible this summer.I think it says died in 1881. The last picture is the So- Sorrys and Wahwahs.....LOL.
nice finds , again gypsy.about that dog you found. i see that its mouth is open and the tail fits in the back. my granddad had a old donkey that you put cigg,s, in the top and he would raise the tail up and the cigg, would come out the back side. i was just wondering about that dog? ::)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

very very nice! that dog looks like a nut cracker to me.i cant wait untill you can do some excavating around there. you should take a sifter with you considering all of the amazing finds so far. how do you figure all of these things got to be in that spot? did they wash there in the rivers current?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I have to reply to this post too....don't want to feel left out cause it's a who's who in replies here!! ;D ;D

Absolutely awesome Gypsy!! I get excited for you just looking at the pics! I am very much looking forward to your future finds. Be careful and get out the blow dryer or kerosene heater or something to thaw that dang place out!!

Happy Hunting!
Moon

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

hollowpointred said:
very very nice! that dog looks like a nut cracker to me.i cant wait untill you can do some excavating around there. you should take a sifter with you considering all of the amazing finds so far. how do you figure all of these things got to be in that spot? did they wash there in the rivers current?
now that i seen your post , i would have to agree with you. unless a old coin bank? :-\

Ray-King

Hiya Gypsy,
Congratulations on some really great finds.!!!!!
I have to agree with Hollow on that iron dog. It looks almost identical to an old bronze or Iron Nutcraker dog my nan had years ago. It was really heavy and it was called Ruffus.!! Don't ask why, i couldn't tell ya. But my Nan's one didn't have the base/plinth, it just stood on it's feet. Her one had a body length of about 6-7" Nose to Butt.
Hope this helps.
All the very best to you and hope you have lots more great finds too. Happy hunting.
Ray.

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA

Really nice Gypsy. I love the pics, especially the one of the money tree. Keep us posted when you return to the site, I'm curious to see what else is there, just below the surface.

Ray-King

Hiya Gypsy,
A quick update on my last post reply to your finds here.
Have done a bit of research on the Iron Dog you found.
The first 3 photos are from Ebay and they state that it is from the Victorian era about 1896.
On one side of the lever it should have a Patent No' 273480 and on the other side it says "made in England"
From Nose tip to Tail tip should be 24cm
The 4th photo is the one my Nan used to own and now my Mum has it. So I took a photo of it for you.
I couldn't quite make out the writting on the bottom of your dog though.
Hope this helps I D a lovely find for you.
All the very best of luck and happy hunting too.
Ray.
P.S.
Have to add the 4th pic to the next post.

Attachments

• 01c.jpg
    01c.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,862
  • 01b.jpg
    01b.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,868
  • 01a.jpg
    01a.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,882

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread