Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Today I Hit The Metal Detecting Jackpot - 1825 George IV GOLD Sovereign!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2003
    Eastern North Carolina
    5 times

Re: Today I Hit The Metal Detecting Jackpot - 1825 George IV GOLD Sovereign!

congrats on an awesoome find
    hh
    dave+bobbie
    dave-enc

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    77 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

That is awesome, congrats on the find of a lifetime! That is a nice looking coin in real good condition. Surprised you don't get maps and history books of the area in your book store. HH, Mike

Jun 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
    15 times

WTG!!!! That is a dream come true there!!!!
    Saving History, one Piece at a time!

Sep 2004
    Indy
    2 times

WTG Bookfisher !!! that is soooo cool. It always lifts our hopes and reminds us why we hunt when we see a gold coin posted...at least it does mine. Looks like a best finds for W&ET to me.

Dave

Sep 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    1 times

SWWWEEEEETTTT!!!!! That is so cool. It's still amazing to see so many people finding this stuff. Thanks for sharing your story. Maybe I will be next.

Mirage
    Minelab Exp II, Whites DFX, Whites Classic III(former Tejon, CoinStrike & Quattro user)

**Bring History Back to Life**

Nov 2005
    Keep on Digging!
    MINELAB Explorer-II
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

Gold coin.........Your part of the "Gold Coin Club" for life......................Congrats....... 8)
    Sometimes you need to look back to a time that made you laugh and smile!...... The memories of all the great times..... will always be there!!

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    48 times

Great finds and story! I love the excitement you generated when you found the coin! Good for You......I also love and collect books.......I will look for the names you mentioned and Muddyhands......if you guys would post in the Wanted Ads of this forum or PM me, a list of the authors or titles you are interested in, I travel extensively to auctions and estate sales and can be on the look out for them....
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Hi ya,, Bookfisher,,, I thought everyone had seen my post about the cache but, you only having 59 post, it was probabaly made before you got here... Here a link to my Cache Page:
    Leon's Cache Find...
    The story and the dates for the coins are all listed there...
    It was a once in a lifetime find for me and I think it would be very hard for me to top...
    Again,, that is an awesome find, I can only hope to find something like that someday...
    Good luck, & Happy hunting~
    Hey Leon,

Now, I do remember reading your post. That really was one cool find. I used to dig antique bottles, and you would come across those old milk glass cold creme jars, but none I found ever had any coins in it. Terrific find and one you'll always remember.

Oct 2005
    Charleston S.C.
    1 times

BILL, Congrats, It Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than That, I Have Been Detecting For 35 yrs and Still Haven't Found a Gold Coin. You Truely Have Found The Holy Grail Of THing. trk5capt....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

us
    Oct 2005
    Goose Creek, South Carolina
    Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Congrats to you, HH Art...

Nov 2003
    Maryland
    XLT

Beautiful Gold coin and a great story to go with it.

That had to feel amazing.

I need to start taking my detector to Long Island when I visit.

Congratulations.

WHAT A FIND!

Congratulations fisher!!! Wow! I know you were so excited to find that one! I love seeing the great stuff on this site....it's what keeps us going!

Congrats again!

Nana

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn_MD
    Beautiful Gold coin and a great story to go with it.

That had to feel amazing.

I need to start taking my detector to Long Island when I visit.

Congratulations.
    Anytime your on the Island, look me up and I'll bring you to a few spots.

us
    Mar 2006
    Massachusetts
    Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
    1 times

wow thats all i got,,,,,,,,,, i just c ant imagine getting that myself.... plus the other bonus coins.. now thats a day that will be very hard to top......... i run a mxt also that gives me hope,,,,,,,, with all the shotgun shells i would have figured a musket ball but still all i got is wow,,,,, wtg and may you find another... green 1 mass.
    keenest hobby ever

Mar 2005
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Garrett Ace 300

Wow - Amazing find and story! I'm so jealous!!!! I agree with the poster earlier, check out to see what was going on in that area back in the day. And I'd definitely go back there again before they start building houses.

Man, A Gold Coin, Awesome - good for yoU!!! I've been detecting for over a year and have yet to find even a silver - you're story inspires me to keep on looking though!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors