Today I Hit The Metal Detecting Jackpot - 1825 George IV GOLD Sovereign!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great finds and story! I love the excitement you generated when you found the coin! Good for You......I also love and collect books.......I will look for the names you mentioned and Muddyhands......if you guys would post in the Wanted Ads of this forum or PM me, a list of the authors or titles you are interested in, I travel extensively to auctions and estate sales and can be on the look out for them....

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Leon said:
Hi ya,, Bookfisher,,, I thought everyone had seen my post about the cache but, you only having 59 post, it was probabaly made before you got here... Here a link to my Cache Page:
Leon's Cache Find...
The story and the dates for the coins are all listed there...
It was a once in a lifetime find for me and I think it would be very hard for me to top...
Again,, that is an awesome find, I can only hope to find something like that someday...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Hey Leon,

Now, I do remember reading your post. That really was one cool find. I used to dig antique bottles, and you would come across those old milk glass cold creme jars, but none I found ever had any coins in it. Terrific find and one you'll always remember.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BILL, Congrats, It Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than That, I Have Been Detecting For 35 yrs and Still Haven't Found a Gold Coin. You Truely Have Found The Holy Grail Of THing. trk5capt....

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 145.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 145.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 21,078
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 145.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 145.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 21,084

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Beautiful Gold coin and a great story to go with it.

That had to feel amazing.

I need to start taking my detector to Long Island when I visit.

Congratulations.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o WHAT A FIND! :o

Congratulations fisher!!! Wow! I know you were so excited to find that one! I love seeing the great stuff on this site....it's what keeps us going!

Congrats again!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Bjorn_MD said:
Beautiful Gold coin and a great story to go with it.

That had to feel amazing.

I need to start taking my detector to Long Island when I visit.

Congratulations.

Anytime your on the Island, look me up and I'll bring you to a few spots.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
wow thats all i got,,,,,,,,,, i just c ant imagine getting that myself.... plus the other bonus coins.. now thats a day that will be very hard to top......... i run a mxt also that gives me hope,,,,,,,, with all the shotgun shells i would have figured a musket ball but still all i got is wow,,,,, wtg and may you find another... green 1 mass.

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Wow - Amazing find and story! I'm so jealous!!!! I agree with the poster earlier, check out to see what was going on in that area back in the day. And I'd definitely go back there again before they start building houses.

Man, A Gold Coin, Awesome - good for yoU!!! I've been detecting for over a year and have yet to find even a silver - you're story inspires me to keep on looking though!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a real nice coin.

Congrats on the find

HH Jer

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
KalamazooHunter said:
Wow - Amazing find and story! I'm so jealous!!!! I agree with the poster earlier, check out to see what was going on in that area back in the day. And I'd definitely go back there again before they start building houses.

Man, A Gold Coin, Awesome - good for yoU!!! I've been detecting for over a year and have yet to find even a silver - you're story inspires me to keep on looking though!

Me and my hunting buddy are going back today. Seek out old areas and farm fields where they have been farming for over a hundred years and you'll find the silver.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow great story,,,, but even better coin. I wish you all the best for your future finds.

God bless
Peter

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you!! I always like to see hard work rewarded. Hope you find a couple more.HH :)

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Awesome!!! Can't imagine the feeling of finding gold... :o
Then to follow it up with some silver dimes...
Nice!
Congrats...
Bu

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
What can I say Book? Incredible. Amazing. Awesome. Fabulous. Outstanding. Spectacular. Wow. Did it come out of the ground corroded? LOL.

OP
OP
bookfisher

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
slow sweeper said:
What can I say Book? Incredible. Amazing. Awesome. Fabulous. Outstanding. Spectacular. Wow. Did it come out of the ground corroded? LOL.

Dave,

Thanks very much for the accolades. Good old corroded silver what a guy.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one truly awesome find bookfisher! Time to give the treasure mags a ring and let them write it up for you! Congradulations on a magnificent find, and wonderful coin!! HH!

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
I still smile when I think about our battle with corroded silver. :) But seriously, that is an unbelievable find. Might be hard to top that one. Definately contact Western and Eastern Treasures if you have not done so already.
Bill, my hats off to you. Congratulations.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bookfisher....you made my day with that find. :o

Thanks for the great story, too. That's inspiration for all of us to keep on looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions