Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My best silver day...E.V.E.R...

WOW MAN!!!... I seriously dont know what to say about that...except WOW! :thumbsup:

Thats just amazing

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505

What a find! If you don't have one I might suggest you get with someone south an Overton book and catalog the die varieties. There are many rare die marriages that bring multiples off what the regular dates are worth. With the amount of coins in the find your chances are pretty good at having an important variety. I know you don't plan on selling any but it's good to know for insurance, or to catalog a rare or unknowingly variety for the numismatic community.

Again, wonderful find! Congrats!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!! I bow before you :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: The Government or the State could have them ,when they peeled them from my cold dead fingers ,,, if they could find me after I dissapeared into the Rockies :icon_pirat: Love your posts,,, MORE<MORE

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As many others have said on here already, Wow, wow, wow.... That is the best find I think I have ever seen on here. Huge congrats to you.

Any more background info on how you stumbled accross this spot?

SCMDing

Jan 4, 2007
Rock Hill, SC

Its so weird, I have this recurring dream that I am walking a creek and just finding old silver all over the place. Now I am dreaming that someone on T-Net is doing that and I am commenting on it! Wish I would just wake up...

( on a serious note, it is simply amazing.... and I do have a recurring dream where I am just picking up old silver from a creek, but I am sure most of us have that dream! )

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

Oh man! The silver melt value!!! [just kidding]. Congratulations on a once in a lifetime, once in a forum, find! :notworthy:

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

I would have to put down my machine and walk away from the hobby after a find like this.

It's like trying to fish for bluegills after having landed a 50 lb muskie.

Congrats on a very significant find AC. :hello2:

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 213.gif
    213.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,848
  • 213.gif
    213.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,846

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think you are going to sale a lot of AT pros for garret. You need to contact them if you have not already and let them know of your success. :coffee2:

Richard in BC

Aug 5, 2009

nggijniivgnh Woops Sorry. my jaw just fell on to my keyboard

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

:happy1: I can't wait for the video.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't add to what everybody else said... but this is probably the best post I have ever seen on this site. Congrats. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh, if you have not done so, you might want to hold off on posting a video until you find out the law issues mentioned earlier about digging on your property... ;D

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

"you might want to hold off on posting a video until you find out the law issues mentioned earlier about digging on your property."

I second that. I would go further and consult a good lawyer that specializes in this kind of thing.

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

:wav: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
This is stunning Beau, and I cant wait to see your video! This is the best post I have ever seen and hope to see and hear more about in the future---congrats on your lifetime find! :icon_thumleft:
Keith

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have lived the dream that all of us dream when it comes to metal detecting. Absolutely amazing!!!! Without a doubt, this is the greatest metal detecting find I've ever seen coming from the United States!!!
Congratulations!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
I have a few detecting dreams and you just lived one of them! :thumbsup: I hope you never break it up, would be a shame to see separated. I'd definitely keep every last coin regardless of value.
YEP!!!!!! ME TOO! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:ROFL :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:ROFL :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:ROFL :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chadgallant

Dec 31, 2007
burton nb
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / tigershark /Sandshark

completely unimaginable, uncomprehendable find. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1

What is your opinion as to how that cache came to be there? I mean is it a heist of some type way back when and and it was hidden for safe keeping? Just curious

Congrats seems a little lame at this point but, Congrats.

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1

And someone mentioned the US eless gov getting it. Yeah well you think its taken along time to find DB Cooper. If that was mine and they tried confiscating it, the hubble telescope wouldnt be able to track me.

You can write that in stone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread