My best silver day...E.V.E.R... **UPDATE WITH VIDEO**

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My best silver day...E.V.E.R...

Aqua,
What did the hurricane do to your spot.
Might be worth taking another look now if your residence didn't get damaged also.

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OMG :icon_thumright:

Unreal!!!!!!!!!

Aaron

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001

Amazing :notworthy: Have you considered that those coins could've come from a hidden treasure located somewhere else and dragged by rainfall currents onto the river? I would try going upstream until find the origin of so many old coins. :dontknow: Think about it :icon_scratch:

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

one of the best stories and most motivating finds on this forum for sure! That is why we all do what we do. congratulations man!

partyof4mi

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2008
Arab, Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Unbelieveable...to say the least...Im going to bed to dream of how this hunt went down...LOL :hello2:

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my god man, I feel like i shouldn't even be excited to see a silver coin in a hole again.. but i must say. that is one heck of alot of silver.

keep at it bro 8)

PS. send me some of your luck up north:)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had to take another look at this post. Best I have seen. :notworthy:

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
Nicely staged!

Dang Neil... I was told you were bashing me on your FaceBook group page, and indeed you have written some ugly and spiteful things about me there. Why do you feel the need to do bring it here as well? :dontknow: As active as you are here on this, someone else's site, I'd have thought you'd show some civility and restraint here. Nothing I have ever posted has been "staged" or faked. Why even make such accusations here when you have your own platform on FB and are using it to good effect amongst your buddies already? I came to TNet in the hopes I could post my finds and have some fun without having to put up with actions such as yours from people who should know better. I can understand the trolls, but why you? You have reminded me as to why I quit posting on other relic forums.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't change human nature. This guy is JEALOUS!! But you know the truth and if you are comfortable with your concience, that is ALL that matters. People will see through his BS and he will come off as the fool.
Besides possesion is 9/10's of the law. I just see it like this.

Attachments

• Boo-Hoo.jpg
    Boo-Hoo.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,676

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you what if you staged the find you must be rich to have bought all of them coins and then painted the black tarnish on then and dig holes in the river to put them in. I just watched the video and any one can tell it is the real deal and I say POST ON!!!!! You give me hope for the big score. I have hunted with the bar set low but now I know such treasures do still exist! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Thanks for posting and again congrats on the amazing silver!

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aqua, I hear you are a good guy and a hunter to be respected. And, there is no doubt that your incredible find is real. Like all others here I respect that and my hat is off to you. That said, I gotta tell ya, I'm with Neil on this one. It appears staged. Two months to get the video up? Beyond that, you reference the water temp dropping as fall is coming and you won't have time to hunt anymore because of cold water temps. On August 6th? August 6th is mid summer. That the video comes off as a 14 minute ATPro commercial doesn't help.

Again, not questioning the find, just the production of the video.

I'm sure this isn't gonna sit well, but just calling it the way i see it.

Sorry!

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be clear, my understanding is that Neil is not questioning the find. Nor is anyone on his or any other sites that i'm aware of. Just the timing of the video. Coins found, Miller time!!!!! Video shot sometime later.

For those who don't know Neil, he is a respected hunter in his own right, including Banner finds on this site. He isn't jealous of anyone. Nor is he a fool.

Because Neil is so respected many will give weight to his assessment, watch the video and make their own judgement.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
tjc45 said:
To be clear, my understanding is that Neil is not questioning the find. Nor is anyone on his or any other sites that i'm aware of. Just the timing of the video. Coins found, Miller time!!!!! Video shot sometime later.

For those who don't know Neil, he is a respected hunter in his own right, including Banner finds on this site. He isn't jealous of anyone. Nor is he a fool.

Because Neil is so respected many will give weight to his assessment, watch the video and make their own judgement.

As Tom said above, I never once doubted the finds. I just thought that the video looks a bit staged. You hit the jackpot with the finds back in August, and you deservingly got up on top. We were discussing on Facebook that the video was a bit "Hollywood" looking. The into, the way the coins were announced before they were picked up off the bottom, and the underwater shots of the coin. Maybe I am a bit jealous...of your cinematography skills. Of course I am a bit envious of your finds as well.

All in all we were just having a little fun with it on Facebook.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tjc45 said:

Okay, I'll bite:

How is it that the coins I am digging in the river are mostly black and the coins on the table have been cleaned. :icon_scratch: You will notice that they were cleaned even for this original post this past summer. :icon_scratch: I shot the table video a few days ago, and fall is upon us and the river is high. I also shot my "end of season" video the same day, notice the similarities.

I have about 1 1/2 hours of video of me digging "uncleaned/black" coins, but I think that the video was pushing boring at 14 minutes already. If you want more video of me saying "check it out!" :laughing7: and pulling uncleaned coins from the river, just let me know. I'll put together a compilation of sorts.

I can go on and on debunking accusations. I'm just hoping the black vs. cleaned coins epiphany has happened already.

No hard feelings...

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
tjc45 said:

As Tom said above, I never once doubted the finds. I just thought that the video looks a bit staged. You hit the jackpot with the finds back in August, and you deservingly got up on top. We were discussing on Facebook that the video was a bit "Hollywood" looking. The into, the way the coins were announced before they were picked up off the bottom, and the underwater shots of the coin. Maybe I am a bit jealous...of your cinematography skills. Of course I am a bit envious of your finds as well.
All in all we were just having a little fun with it on Facebook.

Thanks Neil. I feel better already. I'm really kind of a doofus with my videos, but I am learning. I look forward to your posts here and on FaceBook as well. No hard feelings here either... Beau

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Beau,

If you really want to I'll answer your questions, but since you and Neil seem to be in the same camp now let's just move on. And, to just to say it again, congratulations on a most impressive find!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread