Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pics of my Collection

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2013
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DigEmAll View Post
    Some copper points and some bone points.

(Copper plate was some of the earliest traded items along the east coast. The natives would roll it up, heat it and then shove it onto a arrow shaft. Then dip it in cold water to srink it onto the shaft.)
    Hi found a copper spearhead that I would like to share but have no idea how to post it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3237269126.jpg 
Views:	1172 
Size:	376.3 KB 
ID:	825995

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3712220256.jpg 
Views:	1091 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	825996
    Last edited by Doering; Jul 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
    490 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like that Turtle looking rock.

us
    tokenguy

Oct 2006
    Texas and Oklahoma
    Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
    80 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DigEmAll View Post
    Thanks for all the great remarks fellas!
    Mr. DigEmAll,

that is a huge fantastic collection, and that compliment is from a guy (me) who has a fair size collection of native American artifacts (and modern made flint knapped reproductions) as well. Mine are all in the glass topped, black cardboard cases with cotton backing in the case, I forget the name of the case maker right now. (getting old is the pits)

Anyway, great stuff. Your location says you are upper penn. of Michigan, so guess most of that stuff came from Michigan? YOu ever find much native copper (nuggets and veins) up there too?

I found one what I think is a copper nugget in northern Virginian back around 1972 with my old Whites coinmaster BFO detector, I know it is copper and it looks like a nugget, but I didn't know there was native copper in VA, so am still unsure what it is.

I did have some large hunks of native copper from UP Michigan a few yrs ago but gave em away.

gu
    Dec 2008
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texasvarmit View Post
    Mr. DigEmAll,

that is a huge fantastic collection, and that compliment is from a guy (me) who has a fair size collection of native American artifacts (and modern made flint knapped reproductions) as well. Mine are all in the glass topped, black cardboard cases with cotton backing in the case, I forget the name of the case maker right now. (getting old is the pits)

Anyway, great stuff. Your location says you are upper penn. of Michigan, so guess most of that stuff came from Michigan? YOu ever find much native copper (nuggets and veins) up there too?

I found one what I think is a copper nugget in northern Virginian back around 1972 with my old Whites coinmaster BFO detector, I know it is copper and it looks like a nugget, but I didn't know there was native copper in VA, so am still unsure what it is.

I did have some large hunks of native copper from UP Michigan a few yrs ago but gave em away.
    I think you are talking about Riker cases. I f you can, post some pics of your collection in the Native American Artifact forum on here.

Aug 2013
    9 times
    i"m getting a Garrett 2500 i,m happy i can tell you sleep with yours i hope i like it ha ha that,s a life collection wow.

Aug 2013
    9 times
    can i ask you could that turtle have been a pointer to some thing.

us
    Aug 2012
    NY
    Garrett Ace 250
    48 times
    That is absolutely amazing! Great finds! I can say I have never found any stone tools unfortunately although I have knapped a fair share of arrowheads myself. Keep up the great work!

us
    "Diggin with Kap" on Youtube!

Sep 2013
    Downtown Lehman
    minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
    822 times
    Metal Detecting
    Beautiful
    "You can observe a lot by just watching."-Yogi Berra

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links