All Treasure Hunting

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as over here, we only need to report any part of the hoard & anything else they dig up still counts towards the final valuation. Funny how people still think the Archies are unfair, I find this perfectly acceptable to work with. The only moan I have in our area, is that they don't come out at the weekend & they have said I should wait until Monday & cover it up until then. I would not be able to sleep for 2 days if it were the Saturday & I told them as much. So they suggested camping on it.:laughing9: Well, this is the only instance where I would ignore them & I would carefully dig it, because I know if I were in their shoes I would rush out to help at a weekened for free. If they are not that 'bothered', then I'm not all that 'bothered' about following their 'guidelines' (I would not break the Law, just good practice). If they didn't like the way I carefully excavated it, then next time they might come out, who knows because I'm unlikely to ever be as lucky as you have with this amazing find of 100 peoples lifetime!
Thanks for the update & its proves how both parties are rewarded for responsible detecting.

Sounds like a good pratice Cru, funny that they don't have someone to help in the weekends...

Nightibis

Sep 5, 2011
Rock Hill, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is just awesome. To find a piece of history that old is just mind boggling to me.

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all !! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally a photo of the entire VIKING AGE SILVER TREASURE

I have now received a photo of the entire treasure after cleaning and conservation at the museum.
Here you see all the parts both the ones I found and those afterwards excavated by the museum.
Looks nice, I think !! :hello2:

Attachments

• Sølvskat bedste kvalitet KVADRATISK.jpg
    Sølvskat bedste kvalitet KVADRATISK.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 422
OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next step is that it will be transported to the National Museum in Copenhagen. There the fee will be estimated and later send to my account. Wether the find goes in the display at the National Museum or is returned to the regional museum I do not know yet.
These matters are desided by the National Museum only.
:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find The Dane:occasion14:

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, KF ! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have now received a photo of the entire treasure after cleaning and conservation at the museum.
Here you see all the parts both the ones I found and those afterwards excavated by the museum.
Looks nice, I think !! :hello2:

'I Think' :laughing9: It's one of the all time best posted on Tnet!

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, CRU !! :occasion14:

Beercanman

Feb 26, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
VanitysBaby said:
is it just me or would anyone else here want to keep the big bracelet and actually wear it the rest of their life?

I was going to ask if he put the big one on and swung his detector around like a sword. I would have put it on to make sure it wasn't the one bracelet to rule them all.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask if he put the big one on and swung his detector around like a sword. I would have put it on to make sure it wasn't the one bracelet to rule them all.

:laughing9: You should have seen the Nordic woman that worn it....She would rule you:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest news. :hello2:

I have received an official invitation to the opening of a new exibition at the National Museum in Copenhagen on march 1st.
The treasure will be part of this new exibition showing top finds from Denmark of the year 2012.
I very much look foreward to seeing the silver finds again, this time in cleaned and preserved condition.

The Dane

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest news. :hello2:

I have received an official invitation to the opening of a new exibition at the National Museum in Copenhagen on march 1st.
The treasure will be part of this new exibition showing top finds from Denmark of the year 2012.
I very much look foreward to seeing the silver finds again, this time in cleaned and preserved condition.

The Dane

Do you get any kind of recognition for your finds at the museum. Like a plate with found by TheDane persay

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FANTASTIC ... To find Viking relics would be the thrill of a lifetime !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread