Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: UPDATED.dug me some bottles..YESSSSS...or was buried for a reason??cleaned pics

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    Flippin Stick n good luck :)
    85 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: UPDATED!!!!dug me some bottles...YESSSSSSSSSS.... or was buried for a reason????

now thats out of the way...... maybe i can start reserching. what would these chemicals be used for? a chemist a doctor, to essay? they were found in the area of a small mining town, so if i could narrow it down i could find some history on them and the owner. any insight would be good. my theory is they used them for essaying or to find mineral contents. help if possible
    http://www.miniclip.com/games/motherload/en/

Oct 2006
    South Jersey
    Bounty Hunter 2200
    1 times

Re: UPDATED!!!!dug me some bottles...YESSSSSSSSSS.... or was buried for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by chong2mry
    now thats out of the way...... maybe i can start reserching. what would these chemicals be used for? a chemist a doctor, to essay? they were found in the area of a small mining town, so if i could narrow it down i could find some history on them and the owner. any insight would be good. my theory is they used them for essaying or to find mineral contents. help if possible
    For the reasons I stated before, I think they belong to a textile printing company.
    heepiepow likes this.
    Water boarding is little more torturous than doing the backstroke (swimming) without a nose plug. - TreasureTales

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    43 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: UPDATED!!!!dug me some bottles...YESSSSSSSSSS.... or was buried for a reason????

Take lots LOTS LOTS of pictures and make a photographic display!! I don't see why you couldn't keep some of those loose toppers! (see my avatar... I give free BAD advise)

Sorry about the rest of them... damned cool, and damned shame.

TreasureTales

Frankly, I think the bottles were disposed of by somebody who didn't want to deal with them either. In the old days, those chemicals would have been poured onto the ground and nobody would have thought anything about it. It's only been in the last 50 years or so that people became concerned about proper disposal. My guess is they weren't buried by the original owner because he wouldn't have bothered to bury them. I bet somebody found them somewhere, in an old house or storage building, and buried them to get rid of them without all the redtape..maybe in the last 30 years.

You might try getting a merchant's directory for the mining town (from the historical society or the library) and look through it for photographers. Textile printing probably didn't happen in a small mining town. I'd also question the assaying possibility...not likely to use such small quantities. Are these the ingredients for nitro glycerine? Maybe the owner was a chemist who combined the compounds for blasting?

Great looking bottles, hope you'll keep us updated on your hazardous material disposal AND your research. Good luck.

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    85 times
    Banner Finds (2)

its possible they were dumped recently but i dont think so, i found broken sodas and whiskeys and the clay essay cups as posted before, also this is where i found a previous whiskey. and also they were some old bricks laying around, which attracted me to the spot.
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...html#msg494864

Oct 2006
    South Jersey
    Bounty Hunter 2200
    1 times

Re: UPDATED!!!!dug me some bottles...YESSSSSSSSSS.... or was buried for a reason

its possible they were dumped recently but i dont think so, i found broken sodas and whiskeys and the clay essay cups as posted before, also this is where i found a previous whiskey. and also they were some old bricks laying around, which attracted me to the spot.
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...html#msg494864
    Was the whiskey full?
    Water boarding is little more torturous than doing the backstroke (swimming) without a nose plug. - TreasureTales

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    85 times
    Banner Finds (2)

na, the whiskey was empty, that woulda been some good aged stuff eh

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2819 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

You can't see the movie possibilities here? It was my tongue-in-cheek way of saying, "holy krist, you've done it now!!" Innocent treasure hunter uncovers buried chemicals. You can come up with a dozen different stories from there. I'm not a chemist but I do know silver nitrate is used in photography and.............explosives. I believe it is a mixture of silver and nitric acid. They used to recycle old photographic negatives to reclaim the silver content. Anyway, good luck with that stuff. We deal with methlab folks dumping their stuff on public land and it is very costly to dispose of. I don't know if you've mentioned where this property is or whether it's public or not. I'm very surprised the hazmat folks didn't drill you on that question. Stay safe bud
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    MARYLAND
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    40 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice bottle's Chong....I know you'll deal with the situation at hand but I want to see the cleaned-up pic's......Awesome find's. Congrat's

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    85 times
    Banner Finds (2)

thats what i thought yes the silver nitrate is on my dispose list, the bottle is empty but sealed shut, as for the location, it took me hours to refind it, by a miracle, and im positive i will never locate it again. its once again lost in history........

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    85 times
    Banner Finds (2)

cleaned up pics will be posted in bottles and glass in a few days, thanks

us
    Oct 2006
    Whites XLT
    8 times

I saw several of the same type bottles today in an antique store (empty of course) and they were going for between 65 to 100 dollars each. Good Job nice find
    Tuolumne County Incident Feed
    http://incidentfeed.com

Feb 2007
    N OC CA
    Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
    10 times

May I suggest you contact a privately owned chemical co. They could and possibly should ,by law, supply you with MSDS (Material safety data sheets) and may possibly have an interest in the product inside.Also you could potentially transfer the product to other containers and label them as to match the current labels.I've had dealings with the Gov. on like matters,and I'll take good ol capitalist every time.Especially if you want progress in this lifetime.
    Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is.

us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    104 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I hope the blue one in the back middle is one you can save and clean up. I sure would like to see it close up. Very nice bottle.
    Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

Oct 2005
    Washington State
    DFX
    7 times

Nitric is some seriously bad stuff..............get rid of it. It is very difficult to even buy the stuff these days, and with good reason (can't mention why). In some states, it is illegal to posses it. These sound like mining chemicals.

Paul
    Friendship is like peeing your pants....... everyone can see it, but only you
    can feel the true warmth.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links