🥇 BANNER Epic Coin Spill . . . !

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely Beautiful!!!!! Congrats..........

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on making the banner and watching the video is... well if it doesn't get a persons blood pumping they're just plain cold hearted.

Just a question and if has been asked already I missed it. Looking at the profiles of the halves there's iron staining on at least 6 of the halves, was this because of iron around them, or could it of been that they were in a metal container? It's just that when watching the video the coins seemed to be in just dirt and there wasn't any iron staining around in the soil. Maybe it's hard to view on a video and would of been more evident to you when the plug was turned over and the recovery was made.

Once again thanks-this is what dreams are made of right there.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making the banner and watching the video is... well if it doesn't get a persons blood pumping they're just plain cold hearted.

Just a question and if has been asked already I missed it. Looking at the profiles of the halves there's iron staining on at least 6 of the halves, was this because of iron around them, or could it of been that they were in a metal container? It's just that when watching the video the coins seemed to be in just dirt and there wasn't any iron staining around in the soil. Maybe it's hard to view on a video and would of been more evident to you when the plug was turned over and the recovery was made.

Once again thanks-this is what dreams are made of right there.

Great observation Pep.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
How'd I miss this post?! Wow, amazing finds! Absolutely fantastic and unbelievable site you guys found. Congrats on the good research and follow through!

Banner!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How'd I miss this post?! Wow, amazing finds! Absolutely fantastic and unbelievable site you guys found. Congrats on the good research and follow through!

Banner!

You were putting Ben Gay or your poor lil sore muscles. Poor lil fella :-)

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... No more words needed, other than Congrats!

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply Amazing!! The video and your finds will run through my mind from now on when I'm swinging my coil, always thinking what's in the next hole? I've watched the video 3 times, as I'm looking out the window at 3 inches of snow on the ground and 20 degrees........................aahhhh, California Dreaming

Great finds and superb video, thanks for sharing it with us! CONGRATS!!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the video and a huge congratulations!! You didn't have it posted by the time I went to bed. I wake up this morning and it's banner already! I'm not surprised but I would have like to get my vote in. Two thumbs way up to both of you. It's magazine material all the way!!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZOHMYGOODNESS!! So my wife and I are eating breakfast out and I told her I'm finding one of these one day and she said to get out there and hunt! :-)

Where may I view the video that others have mentioned?

Again, congrats!

Last edited:

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZOHMYGOODNESS!! So my wife and I are eating breakfast out and I told her I'm finding one of these one day and she said to get out there and hunt! :-)

Now to go view the video that others have mentioned.

Make sure you finish your breakfast before you watch the video, because you'll spit it all over the place!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream find - make sure you hammer that place.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Dream find - make sure you hammer that place.
Wow, congrats, those have to have been placed deliberately. has anyone come up with a possible explanation as to why the coins are all similar, yet seem to be spread out relatively consistently over such a large area?

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All things aside. I mean congrats! Thanks for sharing. Ida voted banner, but you got that already. Now. WILL YOU GET THAT THING OUT OF THAT POS CASE AND PUT IT INTO A REAL ONE OMG!!! lol. Just saying its gonna get scratched more and more. What a hunt! hh gl -Joe

I am posting this separately from Mark's (49r Relics) post so I can answer questions, introduce myself and post pictures.

As Mark said, we were lucky to find a few new sites that we could detect on after he did some research. Me, Mark (49r Relics) and Ron Swenson (Ron CA) were all on this hunt and we all started detecting the site, spread out in different directions. It was my first day out with my new XP Deus so coming from a Minelab I knew I had better step my game up with Mark and Ron swinging CTX's. It was literally my first good repeatable signal that started this off. One thing to keep in mind is none of these were hard to hear and any decent detector on the market would have heard any of these. And any one of us 3 could have been the first to find one these. But it was definitely my day as I dug that 1864 Seated Half (I was lucky enough to have dug my first seated half earlier in the year) so I was pretty jazzed when this popped out. It was too late to video it because I had already popped it out. The rest of the hunt is history now but it could have been any of us!!

We went back to this site several times and countless hours were spent searching for more. Only relics, no more coins from this site.

Thank you for all the comments on the other thread!

Andrew
CA Relic Adventures

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now. WILL YOU GET THAT THING OUT OF THAT POS CASE AND PUT IT INTO A REAL ONE OMG!!! lol. Just saying its gonna get scratched more and more. gl -Joe

Don't worry Joe contact cement took care of that.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting this epic treasure hunting event with us here!! :notworthy: Keep the hits coming Andrew!!8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread