My True Treasure Tale - Long, but the Whole Story.....

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
I loved this story. I felt like I was right there with you digging and tucking coins in every pocket. I laughed so hard when you started stripping to have something to carry coins in. I could actually see you or any of us doing that. I am so happy for you. I bet when you tell your wife that you are going Mushroom Hunting, it has a whole new meaning for the both of you. Mary ann

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
amazing story! I'll be reliving that in dreams with myself in your place for a while...I think I'm leaving to scan the woods right now....who needs light.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exanimo redux said:
I waited for all the hoopla to quiet down concerning this great cache discovery. Once again I congratulate Night Stalker. If any of you folks out there have this fortunate event happen to you - 1. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! 2. Don't tell anyone - re hide the cache, take pictures on a digital camera if you like, and take some time to calm your nerves down so that you can get to a point whereas you can think clearly - don't tell anyone. 3. No reason to move or change your phone number - calm down - don't tell anyone. 4. Don't play around with the cache - some coins in a real good condition or a rare date will lose a lot of their value with just one scratch or dent - don't try to clean anything. 5. If you have a need to profit from the cache take your time to seek the best source to sell to - you don't have to explain to anyone how you obtained the items. There are some sources that will pay a premium for a treasure cache especially if it came from a historical nature with a old chest included, etc. As a final word - there are thousands of shyster lawyers that will inject their greedy business into these proceedings, people who will claim that they are related to the property owners where a cache is found, and all other sort of odd possibilities that will turn a life changing discovery of joy into a utter nightmare. Best of luck to all and I hope everyone reading this will find their el Dorado.

Good advice.

Many years ago I discovered a large cache of coins.

The discovery was made on the East coast, I lived on the West Coast.

Instead of driving across country with the cache, fearing the possibility of my vehicle breaking down and being stranded with the coins. I parked my car and bought a round trip plane ticket and flew with the cache as carry luggage in gym bag. Prior to boarding the plane I did get questioned at the security station about the large number of coins in the bag I was carrying.

To which I replied, "Inheritance".

Upon arrivng home, I stashed the coins flew back to get my vehicle and drove back home. I did not have a break down but I felt the extra trouble was worth it in the end.

Over the years when and if I ever needed extra monies I sold the cache off, only a few coins still remain.

This being said you just have to keep your wits about you and formulate a simple plan.

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT
... :o :o :o :o

I am completely speechless. I just kept reading and reading -- my hands were getting sweaty! Seriously though, congratulations!! This is what we all dream about! Personally, I think this is better than winning the lottery. Thanks for sharing the story.

GoldSeeker

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
Had to read it again, It was the best read i have read since beekrock. Thank you for sharing it with everybody. It gives me hope that my countless hours of swinging may just pay off someday. I loved it and you are truely blessed to get that feeling that we all look forward to having. I am laughing just typing this, plus it gives me a lump in my throat like the feeling you have when you are so happy that you want to cry. I wish you and your wife the best. I bet wifey goes mushroom hunting with you now. Mary ann

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Night Stalker,

All I can say is 1st - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! - and 2nd - that is the coolest thing I've read on this site!!!!

It makes me shiver just thinking about it!!!

Fish-Gate

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the most amazing personal find that I have read. Congratulations. I know the temptation to share this story must have been a struggle.

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
I live in Kentucky as well and know of several areas like this.....GREAT FIND MAN!! And where did the 109,000 come from, am I missing something? Is this how much the treasure you discovered is worth?!??!?!! You've got me wanting to go out in the middle of the night and find something RIGHT AWAY!!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
As did I just discover this post,although 4 months later I have to say what an AMAZING discovery,and the story...man..I was on the edge of my seat,hanging on every word.The range of emotion you describe and went through I also felt and I was only reading the story,the way you recollected it made me feel I was right there with you.

Jesus Night Stalker congratulations man,I am now speechless

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This would have to be the best gold coin cache find on TN. I remember reading your posts and you were loooking forward to changing jobs. You were one of the first members I read. We joined at about the same time in Dec 2004. I didnt know about the pacemaker. Its amazing to read about the finds of members as time goes by. Other times amazing finds are made by members who got their start right here on TN. Congratulations. Treasure is truly out there for those who try.

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
We joined at about the same time in Dec 2004. I didnt know about the pacemaker. Its amazing to read about the finds of members as time goes by. Other times amazing finds are made by members who got their start right here on TN. Congratulations. Treasure is truly out there for those who try.

Thanks - I remember you also! Yeah, I had the pacemaker/ICD combo implanted February 2005, that's life, it slowed me down a little bit, but not much. Anyways, wifey got transferred to Panama City Beach just after I made my amazing discovery in Kentucky. A few people on here still doubt my good fortune, but one member on here saw it with his own eyes, plus, I could care less who believes what. An extra hundred grand-plus would help anybody's budget on TNet lol.

It was an amazing "lucky" find, at times, I still don't believe it happened to me...the landowner tried to get a bit greedy, but with proper words and control, he backed off and took his ::) "share" :D, but it all worked out in the end, that one outing that morning sure did change our lives forever! I splurged and bought me a Corvette (my new avatar lol) and we used the rest to get the heck out of Kentucky....forever.

The beach is always beautiful and the weather is always comfortable - life is good. Without the discovery of my treasure a few months ago, we both would have still been in Kentucky - working. My wife still works (a few more years to retirement), but I'm fully retired. I still go detecting at times along the shores, but mostly dig up old corroded clad or the occassional ring - nothing to get excited about. I think that once you discover real treasure, the little stuff just don't interest you anymore...at least in my case.

Attachments

• Absolutely.jpg
    Absolutely.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 18,465

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Night Stalker,

I brightened up your new avatar....hey that is one nice looking vet ;D
Be careful, and have fun hunting those beaches :)

vet.jpg

Timberwolf

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Night Stalker said:
bigcypresshunter said:
We joined at about the same time in Dec 2004. I didnt know about the pacemaker. Its amazing to read about the finds of members as time goes by. Other times amazing finds are made by members who got their start right here on TN. Congratulations. Treasure is truly out there for those who try.

Thanks - I remember you also! Yeah, I had the pacemaker/ICD combo implanted February 2005, that's life, it slowed me down a little bit, but not much. Anyways, wifey got transferred to Panama City Beach just after I made my amazing discovery in Kentucky. A few people on here still doubt my good fortune, but one member on here saw it with his own eyes, plus, I could care less who believes what. An extra hundred grand-plus would help anybody's budget on TNet lol.

It was an amazing "lucky" find, at times, I still don't believe it happened to me...the landowner tried to get a bit greedy, but with proper words and control, he backed off and took his ::) "share" :D, but it all worked out in the end, that one outing that morning sure did change our lives forever! I splurged and bought me a Corvette (my new avatar lol) and we used the rest to get the heck out of Kentucky....forever.

The beach is always beautiful and the weather is always comfortable - life is good. Without the discovery of my treasure a few months ago, we both would have still been in Kentucky - working. My wife still works (a few more years to retirement), but I'm fully retired. I still go detecting at times along the shores, but mostly dig up old corroded clad or the occassional ring - nothing to get excited about. I think that once you discover real treasure, the little stuff just don't interest you anymore...at least in my case.

So glad to hear that things are going well for you Tim! I am real glad you don't get worried about who believes you...not worth it. Stop in and say hi more often though! :P

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Find treasure, move to Florida, spend your days on the beach drinking Coronas... ;) beach.jpg ....thats what we all dream about! ;D

Stay in touch.

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 17,122

GOLDandSilver

Nov 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I read this when it was first posted ;D...it's changed a lot over the years...

I'm bad at math, that must be why I kept coming up with lots more zeros at the end ;D

What a dream.

Someday~

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
I'm new here and don't know you but judging from the responses
of the members who do know you, this was a well deserved windfall for
you...Congratulations! GREAT FIND and Great Story.

Sometimes I read threads here on treasurenet and some entries don't make
sense, I think it is possibly because some previous posts got deleted.
That leaves me as someone who didn't read the
threads as they progressed somewhat clueless.

Okay, that is where my following questions come from and if they
are too prying or you don't want to devulge some info I understand.
You may have answered them and they were deleted or you just don't
want to, that's fine, but I have to ask.

The story is so captivating that it just frustrates me not knowing what
was found. Can you say how many coins you ended up finding?
More than 100, 500, more, 1000? more than that... wow
Percentage of silver to gold, denominations, dates? I know, I'm too nosey.

My grandmother had a $5 gold 1888 that was handed down and now
belongs to my nephew, is that the nickle size yellow coins you speak of?
Even a rough idea would be great. As you said in the story you made
several trips to your vehicle and your house was apparently like a mint
with all the coins laid out. It is such a fantastic tale that I want to know more
more more, I will probably be dreaming about it tonight.

It just bogles the mind thinking about "what would I do?"
I hope everyone here gets their chance to find out... HH Tom

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
Gotta say it too.....WOW....GOTTA LOVE METAL DETECTING !!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....glad everything worked out. P>S> Buy stock in Tesoro....LOL!

Iunno

Dec 26, 2007
Did someone steal it? Do you have any pictures of it at all? Or did you not take anymore before you sold it? How much was it worth?
*sorry for the nosiness* :P

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I kept thinking you were going to end this with " I finally woke up, it was just a dream!" congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread