My True Treasure Tale - Long, but the Whole Story.....

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nightstalker,

I have read your post many times.
Even after a couple of years I still like to read it.

If your money ever runs out you could always become a writer.
Though I know how the story ends I still worry someone is going to walk up on you in the woods before you get out of there with your treasure.

What an adventure and great story.

Thanks for sharing,
Buddy~

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
artzstuff1 said:
sounds like a windy one to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like my posts were lost in the transfer as well.LOL

Tim,
for those of us who know you are the "real deal".
I'm glad it was you.
couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO my Friend, "Yer ruint" now heheheheh Beware all of you other th'rs, this is just a sample of how easy it is to become 'ruined' for a normal life. He he he

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I am not sure if I should congratulate you, or send black roses?

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for all the nice replies to my two year old post! I'm still in sunny Florida, I often think back to the morning I found that cache and wish I could re-do things. Overall though, my hobby finally freed us from rural Kentucky and gave us a super jump start on a new life down south. I still have the vette I purchased with some of the "find" money and a few other toys, but IF I could do things over again, I'd definitely be in no hurry to turn it into hard cash.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Nice to hear from you,NS.Be happy with what you have and had.Hindsight always seems better but is never part of life.Goodluck on your endeavors.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to hear all is well NS....awesome and inspiring story :thumbsup: I got a small taste of how you must have felt earlier this summer.....a seated half,Barber half and seated dime in one hole.....anymore than that and I would have been cleaning more than my drawers....no doubt ! ;D

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Good to see you still looking in on us Tim,
Glad to hear you are still enjoying your hard earned reward.

Doing any beach combing?
Guys like us can't just quit this great passtime. LOL

Thom

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well this was truly a life time find one we all hope for. I read all these current post and while I have share the same feelings all have posted, I just kept waiting for someone to bring this up.I saw only one post in this threat that said he split it with the land owner. I saw no post to that in any of NH post?
While we all do it (hunt without permission) at some point! Everyone here was behind him on his find and how he got away without being caught, ME TOO! I want to get away if I find treasure this big! But if you get away with it why tell anyone who owns the property and the loot you found? You have already broke every rule and have something that's not yours. And have got away.Telling after the fact while its the right thing to do. Could result in an arrest and loss of all your find. I must have missed something before I read this whole post?
I have learned a lot through this thread and the Treasure net during the last year.(I only just started posting) I do have 30years of detecting, so I am not a newbie, but I have dreamed of such finds.
I am very happy for you and anyone else that has success in the future. And I hope to beable to make a post like NH someday.
steve

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago I use to live at Golden Rule Farm in Northfield, NH and went to public school in Tilton. Many large treasures are in NH.
I live in Connecticut and looking for good leads.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Surely there are still some coins kept, as personal token if nothing else. Some recent photos of each type of these(gold, silver, etc.) should be easy to present here.

So what you don't have the pile of coins pics from the HDD. Show the samples. It's hard to imagine IMO that ALL of the cache has been sold away. martin

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my good People
The best way to sell coins is through coin auctions such as Stack's..... www.stacks.com
Best of luck. I was a coin collector and a treasure hunter since 1964. Best of luck to you. I am still looking for true unpublish stories on Connecticut bury treasures. [email protected] Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread