🥇 BANNER Bottle with a note inside 5 to 6 inches deep in the ground.

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE

Attachments

• tnetbottle3.jpg
    tnetbottle3.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 124

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And one more thing before I forget. The "Wives". They are central to the note, and IF this was CCC related, they would not have been inside the camp property. Meaning the altercation must have occurred during a furlough? Did the CCC even have furloughs?

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
And see here in the 1895 Iowa Census, Linn County

Frank Hubachek is living right next door to Joseph Holets and son Anton.

Attachments

• tnetbottle4.jpg
    tnetbottle4.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 150

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Egads I just got sucked into reading this entire thread. Pretty nifty. I do not have the time to get sucked in but my two cents on the CCC Rolls and someone getting a Cabin stolt would be that the boss would have a cabin provided with their pay. If a Green horn were coming up to take over the old boss would lose the cabin and have to move out to make room for the new guy. This was the depression era and someone could (and did) get their heads knocked in for something like this.

That pretty much fits with, and adds to, my current theory about this. And yeah, the wives and girlfriends might be very pissed too, if their man got passed over for a promotion.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's not forget that much of the CCC's work involved quarried stone, and the bottle was found at the quarry site.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Great play-by-play. Great pix. Fun story. Congratz on banner. I was hoping the note was going to say "Payable to the bearer: $1,000,000 in Shell oil stock", haha

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the two Hubaceks above, im going with the one who worked for wagnor and was married to mary and had two children living with them
thats the one i posted earlier in the thread, they are all buried in the same cemetery in wadena county minnesota.

fyrffytr1, are you having trouble with the family search site, i cant get the original census to come up, i can do
way better detective work when I can see those also the original draft registration every male in america had to
sign up for the draft, Ive seen kids as young as 12 and lod geezers in their 90's signed up for the 1917 draft
and you can jog through and find other people in the same area that signed up and more often than not where they worked.

it was working fine last week then they worked on it, maybe i need to report it, one of these days im going to get ancestry.com back
if you have that and fold three, newspspers.com, and newspaper archives.com and findagrave then you can search some history.

You may have to register before you can use the site. It is free. I have traced my family back to the 1500s in Switzerland using it.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
You may have to register before you can use the site. It is free. I have traced my family back to the 1500s in Switzerland using it.

Cool, and interesting coincidence, my family on my dad's side was from Switzerland during the middle ages until the early 1900's when my grandparent came over to... Argentina. I did some research on my ancestors and figured out that in the 1200's there was a castle (long gone by now probably) belonging to some of my ancestors. There is a genealogy book from my dad somewhere... It is very interesting to trace back your family, perhaps your ancestors knew mine at some point back in the 1500's, very cool research! Ancestry.com is fun!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I see 361 27 78 23 (1st could be simply 36 and a smudge). Are you thinking 36-27-7823?
At the top of the sheet above the number 361 Soup Bones '27 Corned Beef ,78 Veal Roast , 23 Veal Cutlets .
These are Totals at the bottom.

Last edited:

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
on those census for hubachek and holets what does it say they were doing for a living, and where exactly were they living.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
fyrffytr1 i am registered, and ys times when i have been broke like now, i have used the free sites to find alot of history but
minesnot working, i e-mailed them and they gave me some suggestions that didnt work, and a number to call for help guess ill call tomorrow.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bramblefind, youve got the key right there, just a starting point but read it closely and it will lead us to what we are searching for, THE TRUTH

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, and interesting coincidence, my family on my dad's side was from Switzerland during the middle ages until the early 1900's when my grandparent came over to... Argentina. I did some research on my ancestors and figured out that in the 1200's there was a castle (long gone by now probably) belonging to some of my ancestors. There is a genealogy book from my dad somewhere... It is very interesting to trace back your family, perhaps your ancestors knew mine at some point back in the 1500's, very cool research! Ancestry.com is fun!
My Great grandparents were from Bern, Thailweil, Switzerland immigrated to Minnesota in 1905. We also could be related

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lots of Zahradnik's in linn county Iowa, Holets to and they carried that name Anton Down through the generations
on the Holet side and the Zahradnik side, quite a few in Mower county Minnesota the next county over from Olmstead
county where Rochester is, in Quarry hill park there is a cemetery from the asylum, mostly unmarked graves although
there is an ongoing project to name as many as possible, from there a greenbelt and patch of woods follows Silver Creek
a few hundred yards to another cemetery Calvary which used to be called St John's, Buried there is a
James David Zahradnik sr. Jan 10th 1938 - July 20 2005, his wife is still alive and lives in Rochester
Also in that same cemetery is Marie Diane Holets she just died back in febuary of this year and her Husband joe is still alive
but i dont know where he lives, there were quit a few Zahradnik's living in Wisconsin but mostly in millwakee
I am find a corruption of that name to Ouradnik, my family search isnt working right so i dont know if they changed their name
or the auto reader read it wrong.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you guys can keep this going I will be out of synch tomorrow, less than a mile from where im sitting there is water
rushing into 2nd story windows, gonna go help all I can the cops shut us down tonight, we went around and were gonna put in at a differnt place
but the water was running to fast and we would have had to navigate through treetops, tonight we passed alot of houses that had a foot of so
of water in them but the people didnt want to leave, you cant hardly blame them the shelters are overwhelmed and will not be pretty places in a couple of days
but we are high and dry here havnt even lost power of course that could change too, harvey has moved back into the gulf and gained a little strength
the weather media says its right on the coast, but if you go to a good interactive radar and put it into motion it looks like it is about a hundred miles
offshore and a little east of houston it is forecast to make it's third landfall tomorrow at 1:00 pm. at sabine pass right on the louisiana Texas border
this will put it closer to us and mean more wind but we will be on the cleaner side of the storm, and have an offshore flow.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you guys can keep this going I will be out of synch tomorrow, less than a mile from where im sitting there is water
rushing into 2nd story windows, gonna go help all I can the cops shut us down tonight, we went around and were gonna put in at a differnt place
but the water was running to fast and we would have had to navigate through treetops, tonight we passed alot of houses that had a foot of so
of water in them but the people didnt want to leave, you cant hardly blame them the shelters are overwhelmed and will not be pretty places in a couple of days
but we are high and dry here havnt even lost power of course that could change too, harvey has moved back into the gulf and gained a little strength
the weather media says its right on the coast, but if you go to a good interactive radar and put it into motion it looks like it is about a hundred miles
offshore and a little east of houston it is forecast to make it's third landfall tomorrow at 1:00 pm. at sabine pass right on the louisiana Texas border
this will put it closer to us and mean more wind but we will be on the cleaner side of the storm, and have an offshore flow.

Good luck and god bless. Stay safe. Greatest thing ive ever seen is people like your self sacrificing to help others in this disaster. Great work from the folks of texas. Very inspirational to the rest of us. Makes me proud to be american !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread