OK, Bottle Experts, heres one for you!!!!

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005
OK, Bottle Experts, here's one for you!!!!

Found near an old gold mine in S. New Mexico. Why would an apparant old bottle from Portland, ME be in NM? Probably medicine bottle, but not sure. If so what kind of medicine? Bottle is 4" high - 1/2" thick and has raised lettering A.S. Hinds in embossed lettering. Any information i.e., type of medicine (assuming it is a medicine bottle), value, collectors that might be interested, etc., would be appreciated. Side note: found a nice nugget nearby. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 397

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: OK, Bottle Experts, here's one for you!!!!

Cool finds!!!! :thumbsup:

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac

SWR beat me to it! I have that bottles younger sibling, actually says Honey and Almond Cream etc. on it. Nice bottle and awesome nugget!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Probably needed that out there in the dry, hot sun looking for treasure :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
A

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005

Anyone have an idea of age? Thanks for the responses.

S

seger98

No idea about age but that nugget is an awesome find, as well as the bottle,,, While in AZ I've yet to fins a bottle that ain't broken!

OP
OP
A

a32deuce

Feb 19, 2005

Thanks for the responses. Now I know approx age! Thanks, Gypsy.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

In July 1925 a new holding company was created called Lehn & Fink Products for the purpose of acquiring Lehn & Fink, Inc., and A.S. Hinds Company. At the time, this merger was presented as being the first step in a broad plan to acquire similar products through acquisitions. In August 1925 the investment banking firms Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, and Bond & Goodman offered 235,000 shares of common stock of Lehn & Fink Products at $36.50 a share.

NEWARK "FOUR CORNERS" MARKET AND BROAD STREETS AT A QUIET MOMENT
A traffic check made by the State Motor Vehicle Department for a n-hour period, October 1, 1926, recorded the passage of 36,596 vehicles of all descriptions. There were 1,644 trolley cars, 4,098 buses, 12.4 horse-drawn vehicles, 1,675 taxi-cabs, 3,474 commercial vehicles, and 2.3,581 passenger cars. Henry M. Brinckerhoff, of Parsons, Klapp, Brinckerhoff & Douglas of New York, in a report on a survey of traffic conditions in that city, December 19, 1916, made the statement that traffic at the "Four Corners" in Newark is handled better than at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street, New York, and
that the "Four Corners" is the busiest traffic center in the world.

....and developed to cater to the increased production needs of Pebeco tooth paste, Lysol disinfectant and Hind's Honey and Almond Cream. A research laboratory has been de- veloped, where analyses are continually being made of all raw materials and outgoing merchandise. Having its own machinery for printing, for the making of cartons, and for the manufacture and printing of collapsible tin tubes, this plant is a complete unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread