Bums Root Beer Bottle

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Bum's Root Beer Bottle

I thought I knew everything there was to know about ACL soda bottles. But I recently found one that has me stumped. (See Photo) It's a Bum's Root Beer from Los Angeles, California, and was bottled by K. S. Beverages Co. Dated 1944. The painted yellow label depicts a hobo/bum looking guy with a cigar stub in his mouth. It's appx. 6 oz., and in mint condition. I can find absolutely no information about it in any of my many bottle books. I have a fairly extensive collection of old ACL'S, and can genarally figure them out ... but not this one! I've already listed it in my records as "extremely rare." (It may interest you to know that bottles I put on my E/R list, (identified or not) start at $200 in value). I was hoping someone might have some information about it that would help me to more accurately identify it. Any input would be very much appreciated.

FYI ... It may also interest you to learn that no one seems to know exactly how many different varieties of old painted label soda bottles there are ... but at last count it was believed to exceed 10,000 !!! Talk about a tough nut to crack - try finding/collecting one of each.

Thanks a million ...

Bob

Attachments

• Bum\'s Root Beer.jpg
    Bum\'s Root Beer.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 1,269

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Bum's Root Beer Bottle

Here's one from 1941:(scroll down to name then click on the #); date in one of the columns.: http://www.ca-yd.com/textfile/bottles/aclweb_b.txt

There was a K's Beverages Co. in LA about that time.
Could that be your "K. S. Beverages Co."?
A phone book of that time might give you their old address.
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread