found a dump site with lots of insulators

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actionstriping said:
do i want to keep the wood and post that are with the insulators?

I think that would simply be an individual decision. Typically I go just for the insulators. This past March I found a pole with the cross member with 8 insulators still mounted. I thought this would look cool in my game room and managed to collect the whole thing. Got it home and into the game room to clean up a little and figure out how to mount. As everything started to warm up the ants started to come out. :o Everything went outside to remove the insulators. ALL the wood went to the dump. :D

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...I'd just go for the glass. Most brackets or wood pins are not worth much anyways except to a very few people; and then only certain ones.

Post some pics when you get a chance. I'd love to see em' and will help you identify.

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely get all the insulators that your can. 95% of them are probably common, but there is always the chance of finding a real, real good one. Especially get the Star embossed ones and the B (Brookfield) embossed ones. Get some pics up and I can ID them for you and give an approximate value. Check out this site. http://www.insulators.info/

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have several of the colored and clear Hemmingrays, I couldn't give em away at a garage sale we had. They are pretty tho. ffd

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Fistfulladirt said:
I have several of the colored and clear Hemmingrays, I couldn't give em away at a garage sale we had. They are pretty tho. ffd
They are attractive many times; but, I'm not certain that that's an important factor to collectors of these insulators.

I took these common examples off my shelf to make room for bottles:

insulatortrio.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread