diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i'm seeing these correctly (and I think I am) they look like straight sided bottles, yes? If so, then they look like whats called a "shoulder script" bottle which dates around 1910-1919. It would have had a paper label attached to it originally. The one on the left looks aqua colored and the other blue or is it the photo making it look like that?

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
Do they have the names of the City & state on them? That will determin the value. They look in great shape. Are any of the Orange crush bottles green.

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there Bottles10, there are no city names embossed on this Coke bottle, it does have "property of the Coca Cola Company Canada" embossed around the bottom of the base of this bottle and it has Coca Cola embossed on the very bottom and all of the Orange Crush bottles are the clear colour ones. Thanks

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Nice bottles. If i'm seeing these correctly (and I think I am) they look like straight sided bottles, yes? If so, then they look like whats called a "shoulder script" bottle which dates around 1910-1919. It would have had a paper label attached to it originally. The one on the left looks aqua colored and the other blue or is it the photo making it look like that?
What am I chopped liver? ;D Please respond to above questions icon_that.gif

Attachments

• icon_that.gif
    icon_that.gif
    576 bytes · Views: 3,600

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Road Dog said:
Looks like the "Ice Blue " that seen on Hobble Skirts as well.
The one on the right for sure. It just looks like the one on the left has a slight greenish tint . I was wondering if it's just the photo or what. Or maybe its one of those rare blue-green two tone bottles. Or maybe my good eye is playing tricks on me? :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there, here is a better picture of that coke bottles that I dug up there a few days ago, the other coke bottle that I dug with this one looks exactly the same as this one in the photo. I also am including a picture of a gold seal bottle that I dug up beside the 2 coke bottles. On the Gold Seal bottle is embossed,"property of the Coca Cola Co". I looked all over the internet for information on this bottle but couldnt find any?

Attachments

• bottles 004.JPG
    bottles 004.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 4,049
  • bottles 003.JPG
    bottles 003.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,311

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Seal bottle is a Ginger Ale bottle. It dates to the earlt 1900's as well. Nice finds btw. Here's a cap that went on your bottle-

Gold_Seal.jpg

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Here is a link to a website that hopefully will shed a little more light on the subject. Photo below is from the site. Although I am no expert on Canadian Coke bottles, the individual who owns the site seems to know their stuff. In any event, teal blue Coke bottles are fantastic, and always make a great addition to any collection!

SBB

http://www.cokebottles.de/homer2.htm

Attachments

•  Canadian Coke Bottle Teal Blue.jpg
    Canadian Coke Bottle Teal Blue.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,974
OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there everyone, I am in the process of designing my personal treasure hunting website and I am posting my bottle finds on it as well as other finds. I will be adding more pictures of bottles on my website so if your interested you can check them out, go to: http://www.digginguptreasures.com

kristastaton

Apr 6, 2013
Hi there, here is a better picture of that coke bottles that I dug up there a few days ago, the other coke bottle that I dug with this one looks exactly the same as this one in the photo. I also am including a picture of a gold seal bottle that I dug up beside the 2 coke bottles. On the Gold Seal bottle is embossed,"property of the Coca Cola Co". I looked all over the internet for information on this bottle but couldnt find any?

My husband found a blue & green coca cola bottle last week that have the embossed coca cola lettering at the bottom of the bottle bottles with a smooth upper bottle. I too have looked all over but am unable to locate any info on this particular type/color of coke bottles. Hoping you had some luck and are willing to share. In the meantime still looking.

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Krista,

Welcome to TNet, and thanks for telling us of your husband's find. Could you put up some photos so that we are all on the same page, please.

It sounds like you are describing a base script, straight sided Coca-Cola. Is it like this one?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey surf, check out the bottle i found this weekend. Zoom in on the coca cola logo if you can. I suppose the bottler may have drawn coca cola into his mold by hand before he could get a coca cola mold supplied by coca cola. Not sure how that works. Would have been a sweet little bottle if not broken.

image-3518823868.jpg

image-2825903325.jpg

image-1851463886.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ba,

That is a very nice early Coca-Cola. Really scarce, I believe. I think I'd be combing the area that you found that one...

I had an old friend that used to live in Ruston. Went to visit her in the early seventies, and she and I attended our very first & only Mardi Gras. Have truly epic half amnesiac memories of that...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ruston is a neat little town. Ilived there myself for a couple years then moved back to west monroe. ... So, with the neck broken off, should i keep it as it is or perhaps try to get it repaired by someone who can work with glass. ...did you study the coca cola trademark? It is very crude

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread