Need Help with a bottle

Factjunkie

Jun 20, 2010
I just got this Dyson's bottle at auction. I got it in a larger lot so would like to know what I have here. I have been searching the internet for three days and have found nothing. Here's what I do know..

The bottle's lettering reads "Dyson's" with EST 1876. Along the bottom it reads NELSON. On the base is "D.B & Co" and the numbers 2692. The mouth has the internal screw similar to some late 19th century English bottles.

I have seen the Dyson bottle on this post and the response about the fire at CW Dyson. However this bottle is a different design and the other didn't mention NELSON.

If you need any other pics please let me know and I will post them. Thanks for any help you have about this bottle or another avenue I can go down to find information.

Attachments

• Dyson Bottle.jpg
    Dyson Bottle.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 473
  • Dyson_Bottle.jpg
    Dyson_Bottle.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 832

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there, ya that was my post a long time ago. Good memory. I found a Dysons bottle and still have not found much info on it, I hope you have better luck with yours. Heres the picture of what mine looks like. Good luck.

Attachments

• dysons.JPG
    dysons.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 391
  • dysons.JPG
    dysons.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 335
  • dysons.JPG
    dysons.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
F

Factjunkie

Jun 20, 2010
Hey BCboy, yeah this is turning into a mystery. Can you let me know what other markers yours has. Anything on the base, that kind of thing. I think we may have the same company here just with a design change. Thanks and good hunting lol

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there Factjunkie, there are no other markings anywhere on the bottle other than it says Dysons. I think it might be from the 1940's. I actually have two of these now, I dug up my other one about 3 months ago. Like you, I would really like to find some concrete information about these bottles. Im sure something will come up.

grave_seeker

Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two of the exact same bottle from the original post and cannot find any information on them. Mine were dug up in North Carolina, USA, and are in excellent condition. Have you ever found out anything on them?

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi'ya seeker,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for waking up this old post. Could'ya take some good photos of yours, showing the whole bottle and closeup of the base and the embossing, lip photo, as well. The OP's original photos are not of the entire bottle.

The example that bcboy put up is a crown capped vinegar, in form. There's an old ad for the W. J. Gray Cash Grocery that features "Dyson's Vinegar, qt. bottle --- 20¢" on the right hand side, below the fold, on the last page of this Friday, January 19, 1923 issue of The Abbotsford Post: http://cdmbackend.library.ubc.ca:8012/cgi-bin/showfile.exe?CISOROOT=/abpost&CISOPTR=1234&CISOMODE=print

"...Life was beginning on a more predictable pattern. Two important events took place. My father got a job as a bookkeeper with a financial institution and we managed to rent 2 or 3 rooms on Redwood Ave. near Salter and next door to Dyson's vinegar factory…" A memoir of Boris Mesmer on his emigration to Winnipeg, Canada, from Russia, in the wake of the Bolshevik Revolution: My grandfather's memoirs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread