Dr. Baxters Bitters, Jos. Triner Bitters, more..

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Found these bottles on the last Privy dig a couple of days ago. Had to clean em up a bit. Found a few more ketchups, and some other blank whiskeys and gins but have not cleaned those yet. I think the Mandrake bitters was the best find although my buddy says it is the Benedictine bottle that took the day. They are all fairly cool bottles. Good for windows and such. Hope you enjoy the pics. :thumbsup: jgas

Attachments

• Man 1.JPG
    Man 1.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 467
  • Man 2.JPG
    Man 2.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 459
  • Man 3.JPG
    Man 3.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 447
  • Man 4.JPG
    Man 4.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 460
  • Man 5.JPG
    Man 5.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 450
  • Man 6.JPG
    Man 6.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 472
  • Man 7.JPG
    Man 7.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 482
  • Man 8.JPG
    Man 8.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 456
  • Man 9.JPG
    Man 9.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 453
  • Man 10.JPG
    Man 10.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 466
  • Man 11.JPG
    Man 11.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 458
  • Man 12.JPG
    Man 12.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 456

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
jgas said:
Found these bottles on the last Privy dig a couple of days ago. Had to clean em up a bit. Found a few more ketchups, and some other blank whiskeys and gins but have not cleaned those yet. I think the Mandrake bitters was the best find although my buddy says it is the Benedictine bottle that took the day. They are all fairly cool bottles. Good for windows and such. Hope you enjoy the pics. :thumbsup: jgas

I vote for the Mandrake bitters! :notworthy:

I've found a couple of Benedictine bottles before, but haven't seen anything like the Mandrake :o

Of course, all my digging is done in Hawaii, so maybe the Mandrake's haven't made it out there ???

If you are interested in what the Hawaii bottle diggers are up to, check the Hawaii link - it's all bottles all the time! :hello2:

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the reply Traveler, yep the Mandrakes make their way to the surface around here now and then I guess. Fairly rare for these parts. That would be unusual to see one in Hawaii, but anything is possible. I will check the Hawaii site too. I love old bottles... :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread