Bromo seltzer.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Bromo seltzer.jpg
    Bromo seltzer.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 263

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
The one in the center is a keeper..

The other two,early Bayer aspirin,etc bottles I excavate I place atop the pile of sand behind me so that others will come along,find them and become excited about history. Thus,I am creating new bottle diggers.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
.....you can give one to me :laughing9: Bottle dumps are hard to find here in California, and even harder to excavate without destroying the bottles themselves. The ground here is so hard and dry that you literally have to use a pick to get down below 3 or 4 inches in most parts. I have always wanted to find a good bottle dump, closest I get is broken shards of glass and ceramic bottles. Those bromo bottles may be common to you, but a rare find out here to us Left coasters.....Very nice pictures shows the great cobalt blue color. Thanks for posting!

KEverett

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep Drew, this come along pretty frequently. But on the good side, they are older and some other good stuff is bound to be around there. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
BttleDiggerDrew

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
jgas said:
Yep Drew, this come along pretty frequently. But on the good side, they are older and some other good stuff is bound to be around there. :thumbsup: jgas

No doubt, at the dump where I was digging, I found 3 qtrs of a Belleek porcelain Irish vase. and a ton of broken open pontil bases...gotta keep on digging away! :headbang:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Drew, we wholesale the smaller bromos for a buck each to the shops. The thirst for these is insatiable. Looking forward to some pics of your diggins. I have not been out much this season, but I will be soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions